kasmca

Simpsons Collectable Minifigures aka Series 13 (non-official term)

Well as a LEGO (obviously) fan and a Simpsons fan I welcome this news. I would definitely buy a whole CMF series to get every character, whereas I have never bought a full CMF series to date! And people who are collecting the CMF will buy a set so they have a complete set anyway, sure sales may be down a little but I don't think it will be a flop....

Bring on The Simpsons LEGO, bring on 2014 :laugh:

In the retailer catalogue the lines, in a very bad italian (surely roughly translated by someone not able or an automatic program) say more or less this:

S13

• You can identify the exclusive and very well known characters
  • Impulse set, can be used as prizes for children
  • Characters make collectablity more appealing
  • Surprise bag make minifigure trade possible

Oh, boy. About what was to be expected. I'm going to have to get a complete set, it would appear (although the Simpsons are about 10 years past their prime).

Now, if this were to open the doors for a Futurama line of minifigures, THEN I would be excited. :sweet:

My problem is that in most of the time Simpsons characters' heads can be seen from profile or semi-profile or whatever it is called. It is rare that you see them from the front - from which angle they look really ugly according to my opinion at least. So on those pictures they are not appealing at all, but I hope from profile they are nicer.

The heads appear to be far too big to fit in with regular minifigs, they remind me of bobblehead figures, they're just too big, to Megablocksy & strange as this will sound... too cartoony!

The more figures that I see from the series, the less I want them.

I am really not excited by the first pictures... so far I will not get any and look forward to the return of the CMF line in 2015...

First, the head proportions are necessary to maintain safety standards while keeping the likeness intact. The head sculpts are determined by the rights holder (Fox) and Lego is forced to accept their final say on what gets made and how they look. Second, this is a genius move to bring more Lego fans out of their Dark Ages and into the fold. I applaud Lego for trying something different. Third, CMF really needed a break, so the designers can rekindle their artistic juices. The series was running a bit out of steam, and things were being stretched out into "opposite versions of previous CMF's"

CMF's aren't going away, they are just on vacation before advancing to the next grade and coming back even stronger!

I'm thrilled Lego is doing something different, and I'm more than happy to pick up Simpsons set(s) and figures. I'm far more eager for these than I am Lego Movie figures, and even those have a few great figures in them.

Edited by MonkeyCrumb

I just don't like the look, then again I was already not too excited about this series. Maybe it will reach a new fan base, it's just not for me.

First, the head proportions are necessary to maintain safety standards while keeping the likeness intact.

Where are you getting that from? Why must they be larger than normal minifigure heads? They are much larger than they need to be to retain the likeness of the characters.

I've always been weary of how the heads will look, and I must say, I'm not surprised I don't like them. To be fair I don't like any of the Simpsons merchandise due to the heads, but I'm happy to see the torsos and legs look good. Haven't made a decision yet, will wait for final pictures.

Personally I am not interested in Simpsons figures. If they release them I will not be buying them as they do not fit into my lego city plans. I personally really enjoy the collectible minifigs and think they still have lots of life left. The Simpsons figures just don't seem very versatile to me and have low interchangeability. However, I am sure some people will love them so it's just every persons individual idea of what they like in the minifigure line.

Personally I am not interested in Simpsons figures. If they release them I will not be buying them as they do not fit into my lego city plans. I personally really enjoy the collectible minifigs and think they still have lots of life left. The Simpsons figures just don't seem very versatile to me and have low interchangeability. However, I am sure some people will love them so it's just every persons individual idea of what they like in the minifigure line.

Same as mine. Once if they released I will not buy those instead I pause buying LEGOs and save some money after I complete the LEGO Movie series and got some LEGO Movie sets and minifigures(not from the LEGO movie series, but some specific ones from the sets like Vitruvius, Benny, etc.) Plus if the true Series 12 and the MMO series released, I'll buy some and stop buying and save money again.

I respect people's opinions that have no interests in Simpsons. Still, if TLG could make the designs more compatible with generic minifigures such as hairpieces or exclusive clothes, this series should be able to appeal all CMF fans.

Edited by Dorayaki

I respect people's opinions that have no interests in Simpsons. Still, if TLG could make the designs more compatible with generic minifigures such as hairpieces or exclusive clothes, this series should be able to appeal all CMF fans.

The clothes pieces of The Simpsons minifigures we've seen are completely compatible with regular minifigures.

Simpsons minifigures sound great to me, but whatever happened to that rumored list of sets for 2014? The one with the Springfield shops and Homer's control room? Was it cancelled? Also, I hope that those over-protective mothers who religiously see what their child is playing with, won't create a huge storm over there being Lego figures from an "show with adult themes". That is if they make a Moe, or the Duff brewery or even Duff Man.

Simpsons minifigures sound great to me, but whatever happened to that rumored list of sets for 2014? The one with the Springfield shops and Homer's control room? Was it cancelled? Also, I hope that those over-protective mothers who religiously see what their child is playing with, won't create a huge storm over there being Lego figures from an "show with adult themes". That is if they make a Moe, or the Duff brewery or even Duff Man.

Unfortunately, I think that list was fake. It appeared on Reddit from a guy who said his friend sent him it. He later admitted they won't be coming out, but he seems to be a decent source as he provided early pictures of the Parisian Restaurant set. Moe was confirmed by Nerdly to be coming in this CMF series, though. :sweet:

The clothes pieces of The Simpsons minifigures we've seen are completely compatible with regular minifigures.

Not to mention the accessories that will be included with each figure.

A separate line of 16 LEGO THE SIMPSONS minifigures will launch in all mass toy retailers in May 2014.

The line of LEGO THE SIMPSONS minfigures will launch in May 2014 in all major toy retailers for $3.99 (USD) each.

'LEGO THE SIMPSONS' Series has now been officially confirmed by TLG in the press release.

will launch in all mass toy retailers in May 2014.

Isn't it abit late, or, usual? If we have to wait for four months and the series 12 would be in September, it isn't different from previous years.

Isn't it abit late, or, usual? If we have to wait for four months and the series 12 would be in September, it isn't different from previous years.

Nope. It's been like this for years. Series 7 was slated for a May release but came in mid-to-late-April in the US. Series 10 was the same, too. I'm not sure if that's only in the US though, as we usually get the "August" series in late August.