Sign in to follow this  
sweetsha

Beware the Tikis !

[pid][/pid]238A

Hi everyone,

Let me share with you my latest MOC, mainly created to highlight my favorite CMF from last serie - the Tiki warrior !

Legends mentioned a lost island with big red diamonds everywhere, but our brave pirates should have imagined that each treasure has its guardian ...

Overall :

9700103745_f9ff1e14a3_o.jpg

Details :

9703335964_a0b5afd500_z.jpg

9700091669_1aacff1a10_z.jpg

9703331728_776c2c6299_z.jpg

9700085635_ded5194a53_z.jpg

9703307304_12a55da83b_z.jpg

Pretty happy with the final result, it was interesting to try to break the symmetry of studs lines with the little rock structure and the bridge.

I also tried to depict funny scenes with our unlucky pirates that cannot succeed in every adventure with a complicated runaway ^^

9703313278_53a85b209c_o.jpg

Comments & critics are welcome :wink:

Very neat build. The scene itself is funny and well done.

I will have to agree the snake head is near perfect. I may have to "borrow" that design for the Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets build I want to do in the future.

I actually was underwhelmed with the tikis unfortunately. But I'm glad you like them and they work really well here.

I like this you really captured the tropical feel to it. The water is excellent and also the the round bricks used for the bridge.

Thanks for your comments :blush:

Glad to see you also like the man-eating plants as it was the 1st thing I've build for this MOC

The statue is inspired by Ninjago set 9447. I also used the hinge and mudgards parts and I've adapted the rest my own way (made it thinner and added cheese slopes to look like snake scales)

The bridge is built with some rows of 4 round bricks 1x1 that are on 2 strings :

4528331.jpg

I also used a brick modified to prevent the pirate to fall in the water when I move the MOC ^^

4225469.jpg

Edited by sweetsha

I didn't think it would take long to see some good tiki mocs, love it!

Excellent! Another tribe of primitives for the mighty Imperial Armada to conquer! pirate_laugh2.gif

Magnificent stone idol too, t'would look good in the front garden of the governor's mansion.

9700085635_ded5194a53_z.jpg