Sign in to follow this  
exo attack

The Blue Kraken

thindexedgif.gif 26d

The blue Kraken is a small imperial soldier ship and a time filler while I wait and see if I can get any good material for the sails on TCT I made today, shortly after my first complete pirate set, 6521 ariived in the post after winning the bid on ebay.Here is a pic of the overall ship, you can probably see what I meant by "small".

001.jpg

Here is the front of the ship.

002.jpg

This pic shows the weapon rack, which would be in front of the mast, and you can also see the cannon.

003.jpg

This picture shows the inside of the cabin, with a bed and a table.

004.jpg

And then finally the crew.

005.jpg

So what do you think?

Hmmm.......It's a nice start but I liked your other red/black ship better. It needs a little more brick building, try at least a bowsprit. Currently it looks a bit thrown together, without a lot of thought concerning detail. You might want to build up the top part of the stern too, mabey some lanterns.....

And what purpose does that large white slope in the cabin serve?

I just quickly made it today as a time filler,

I will either add more tommorow or tonight.

The large white slope serves as a bed for the captain, 007.

I'd say add an actual deck, a small fo'c'astle, remove the stern castle, and add a new qaurterdeck about, 2 plates higher than the main deck, then add a railing on the fo'c'astle and stern castle.

Nice size and color scheme, but maybe the stern would need some additional work. *y*

Are you using a paper towel for a sail Mr Attack?

Heh, that's what I call resourcefulness...

I agree with the others that this ship appears "thrown together", but since this was only a time filler I'm sure this MOC is full of much more potential. 007, mentioned your other ship, which I like a lot, so I can see that you're already a very capable ship builder! (Or at least a capable sloop builder. ;-)) I also like the sail's color scheme in the other MOC. I was thinking of doing something similar for my own boat, but I'm still hungup on the right way to get that "airy sail" look.

I'd say add an actual deck, a small fo'c'astle, remove the stern castle, and add a new qaurterdeck about, 2 plates higher than the main deck, then add a railing on the fo'c'astle and stern castle.

Ahem, I'll try to translate. X-D

a small fo'c'astle

add a structure or some structure to the front of the ship

remove the stern castle

remove the structure on the rear of the ship

add a new qaurterdeck

add a new top deck portion behind the rear mast

Also check out Bonaparte's Wikipedia links index

and this Wikipedia article might be helpfull.

It also needs a bowsprit on the bow.

P

I agree with the others that this ship appears "thrown together", but since this was only a time filler I'm sure this MOC is full of much more potential.

Are you going to go back and redesign this ship Mr Attack or is this just a "one off"?

i don't like it...the sail shouldn't be a paper napkin...and the desgn of the ship....is really miser...i'm sure you can do it better....try it.

(i think you have more pieces, and you can do it better....if you haven't got sufficient pieces, i understand...by my own experience)

Captain Roger, could you explain how Mr Attack could be doing better? How could he improve on the design with his limited number of pieces? What should he be using a sail instead of a napkin?

Yarrgh,

a napkin was the best substitute for cloth I could use. It might seem strange, but I liked it coz it gave it that "clothy feel".

I might redesign it, I might not. I will maybe try tonight.

Did you decide to go ahead with the redesign Mr Attack?

Cute little ship, despite looking "thrown together". This ship uses imagination, something everyone asks everyone to use when they complain about parts ;-)

At least now I know where the easter bunny's hiding X-D

004.jpg

The Easter Bunny is looking quite transparent these days. Is that what happens when he stops using artificial colouring? X-D

Great job.I couldn't do any better myself.In fact your ship is better armed than mine.Not to mention yours has soldiers.Once you get your sails,I'm doomed.