I've seen videos of people using a xbox controller on mindstorms, this would be ideal for a rock crawler and gain access to fine control with a return to center.

A very easy solution is an Arduino with IR led. You can find an example sketch at my leguano website :)

I've seen videos of people using a xbox controller on mindstorms, this would be ideal for a rock crawler and gain access to fine control with a return to center.

What was the application?

I have done this in the past as well. However, I used a PC to form a proxy. So the XBox controller communicated with the PC and the PC sent BT commands to the NXT.

Obviously this is not ideal for accurate rock crawler control.

What was the application?

I have done this in the past as well. However, I used a PC to form a proxy. So the XBox controller communicated with the PC and the PC sent BT commands to the NXT.

Obviously this is not ideal for accurate rock crawler control.

https://github.com/i.../lego-pf-ir-360

Its that same Arduino device mentioned by JopieK.

EDIT: Can arduino control multiple lego pf's and automate stuff?

Edited by JM1971

If you want you could use an iPad to control the crawler. It is not the accuracy you are looking for but it is still fun :)

You need a NXT + IRLink from HiTechnic or PFMate from Mindsensors + a MAC to link the iPad to the NXT with WiFi or Bluetooth. And of course the app : PFremote :)).

If you are interested you can send me a message and I will give you more details.

Edited by RedRoundRobot

If you want you could use an iPad to control the crawler. It is not the accuracy you are looking for but it is still fun :)

You need a NXT + IRLink from HiTechnic or PFMate from Mindsensors + a MAC to link the iPad to the NXT with WiFi or Bluetooth. And of course the app : PFremote :)).

If you are interested you can send me a message and I will give you more details.

I dont have a ipad/iphone, I spend all my money on pc games and lego :thumbup:

I'll look for mods for the train controller as well.

My phone (Samsung Galaxy s4) has an ir thingy built in. Is there an Android app that can control the pf receivers?