Kai NRG

Wonders of Historica: Siccus Aqueduct

Built long, long ago, the Siccus Aqueduct brings water from the Rakath Mountains right down to the heart of Kaliphlin, watering what is essentially a garden right in the middle of the desert! All along this narrow strip vegetation grows luxuriantly.

9654674047_19ab34ddf6_z.jpg

One of the greatest attractions are, of course, the numerous food vendors located at the most touristic spots along the strip:

9654685365_bf47086ce2_z.jpg

9654677375_defb12a21e_z.jpg

The aqueduct provides perfectly usable drinking water even in the middle of the desert!

9657912944_61a62c91d9_z.jpg

9654670611_fce35f90c0_z.jpg

C&C are welcome! The build didn't quite end up fitting the "wonder" title like I had wanted (and certainly not like SK's...), but hopefully you still enjoyed it!

This reminds me of a work of Ska :sweet:

But also very nice executed!

I really like the white building!!

Only remark is that I am not such a huge fan of the water technique :sceptic:

Rather nice creation---it's always nice to see that Kalphlin needs its water more than other guilds do. :devil:

Great Wonder of Historica!

This is a pretty sweet build!

I think if you added some transparent pieces to the water, it could bring it more to life.

It's great to see more Kaliphlin architecture!

:classic:

The white building is great, I especially like how you angled the 1x8 arch and the gold dots add some nice color :thumbup: The aqueduct itself looks very good too, I like the use of curved slopes on it.

And your sandscape is excellent. Thanks for getting the Wonders of Historica going :classic:

A great idea! This large and long aquaduct must be a sight!! Nice to see some green and lush vegetation on the side of it! It really adds a lot of realism.

The first pic is really dark though compared to the other ones!?

Thanks to everyone!

...Only remark is that I am not such a huge fan of the water technique :sceptic:

Wow, I like the building and the curves in the aqueduct! But I agree, the water is too blue and blocky.

I actually kind of like the studded blue plate water, though there are some other techniques I prefer. But there's not too much I could change it for in this instance anyways.

The white building is great, I especially like how you angled the 1x8 arch and the gold dots add some nice color :thumbup: The aqueduct itself looks very good too, I like the use of curved slopes on it.

And your sandscape is excellent. Thanks for getting the Wonders of Historica going :classic:

Thanks SK! I get to practice sand-scaping alot I guess! :tongue:

A great idea! This large and long aquaduct must be a sight!! Nice to see some green and lush vegetation on the side of it! It really adds a lot of realism.

The first pic is really dark though compared to the other ones!?

Thanks dG! I was hoping to add a few twists and turns to the aqueduct but ran out way too soon... :blush:

Yes, for some reason the first picture didn't turn out very well, even though I took them all at the same time. Every time I tried to brighten it it only looked worse, so I decided to leave it at that.

Nice to see a part of this Kaliphlin wonder! It's sad to see that so much water is leaking out along the way, but I suppose that's how the people living along the aqueduct want it to be? :wink:

hey kai, this is a eally great snot aqueduct and a nice temple and overall really cool to look at.

The only thing I'd change is the water with studs. That just doesn't look good. Tiles would be better1

Nice to see a part of this Kaliphlin wonder! It's sad to see that so much water is leaking out along the way, but I suppose that's how the people living along the aqueduct want it to be? :wink:

Thanks! Yeah, the leaking water is very nice for those who live along the way!

hey kai, this is a eally great snot aqueduct and a nice temple and overall really cool to look at.

The only thing I'd change is the water with studs. That just doesn't look good. Tiles would be better1

Thanks! I don't have enough to tile the water I'm pretty sure, but I will keep the idea in mind for next time!

This isn't what I had in mind when I talked about "wonders", but this is looking great and wonderful as well! And a great touch of having green near the aqueduct.

Really nice work Kai :thumbup: :thumbup: I like your style and the idea to represent an aqueduct :wink: