datune

10197 - Fire Brigade Parts

So I am contemplating whether or not I want to part out 1 or 2 fire brigades, however, upon perusing the inventory list, it seems that there are no noteworthy bricks in that set, most of them seem to be really common, so I think it might be wiser to just keep the boxes sealed.

What do you think?

Well, you could sit on them and wait for the set to become discontinued and sell it for more than you payed for it. However that will take a few years. Ultimately, if you don't need the money and have the space, sit on them.

Actually the set stayed longer than expected and chances are high that there is a high bricklink quantity meaning that a high return (as happened with CC and GG) is unlikely. A few years could be easily 4-5.

You should open the boxes.. i think there are way better ways to earn some extra money.. Enjoy life and open them and use the bricks... do it, now that you are still able to put one brick on top of another.. When you're grey an old, and watching your two FB boxes...you wish you had built them in better years... !! In other words...it will take years and years before you might earns a few euro's.....Enjoy Lego!

You have to consider at the time of release dark red wasn't as plentiful. It still isn't super common though. The FB was my first modular and it is still my favorite one. The build is really satisfying and the end result blows me away. I think it looks great. At least open one to enjoy.

I would agree that since the production run was longer than the original modular, I bet anyone who wanted one has it. Plus, the profit made will never reach the levels of CC or GG, mostly because they were some of the first.

You can sit on it indefinitely with no guarantee of making any money, or you can open it and have a (near) guarantee of enjoying it.

Thanks for the responses, I should have probably mentioned this, I already have opened one and built it! I am not that much of an investor, I only have some extra because IF later on I want or need lots of parts available from that set, I don't want to pay crazy bricklink prices, and I am 100% sure that at the very least, this set will retain it's retail value, if it's MISB of course...