Sign in to follow this  
zidane

MOC Neo Classic Space station

Really nice base :thumbup: :thumbup: As Bob de Quatre, Me too I'd like to see more :wink:

I really like this. I wonder, what's behind the glass wall? The rock technic (colour change) is great and I like the use of classical blue bricks.

Looks good. Please show more - or at the very least tell us what's behind the glass wall?

Thanks everyone. Space station is located somewhere deep in space. It has autonomous oxygen production and teraforming test facility (inside dark glass wall). Station is equipped with all kind of sensor systems, long and short range radars.

About look and feel, as I`m great fan of 80,90 space themes I wanted to build something that will naturally go with epic classic space sets like 6985 etc. Station is build for display, so there is little playability elements. I will present them another time...

There is a plan to make space station event bigger, with more rocks and wider glass walls.

Some more shoots from my LUG`s exhibition...

9659756669_c055073924_b.jpg

9659756891_9c26bb12fa_b.jpg

Please check other photos form this exibition here:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=521221

Edited by zidane

Really nice studless classic feel here. Lovely build with great character.

:classic:

This is great, I am busy planning to revive my classic space collection and you have given me some ideas.

Awesome MOC. In case you couldn't guess from my avatar, I'm a big classic space fan. Your base has the look of a modern build while still keeping the aesthetics of the classic space era, excellent job. I'd love to do something similar to this. I was also thinking of MOCing my Futuron monorail into a classic space monorail to go around the base.

I like classic space.. but if You want my honest opinion about the build I think there are some things that can be improved..

The mountain that the base is standing on is neat.. trouble is that your base resembles this a lot.. i think you are using the blue slopes to much irregular so that the base and the mountain blends in to much into each other. (Set the picture to black and white and If you have hard time following what Im aming at.) It looks like they painted the rock blue.

I think a classic space base is built on surface , and sometimes into the surface, but its should never blend into the surface. it should stand out as something "symmetrical" with clear lines an colours in a barren asymmetrical moon landscape..

Please take this as constructive feedback and not bashing Your moc.

Edited by mechamike