Rufus

Contest Contest: Pimp My Camper! Discussion Thread

9629268655_210053bbed_c.jpg

Eurobricks in collaboration with The LEGO Group is proud to present a new Direct to Consumer (D2C) Building Contest:

Pimp My Camper!

The idea is this: take the LEGO VW Mini-Camper and customise it! Create a theme version from any LEGO Theme - Star Wars, Friends, Pirates, Castle ... whatever takes your fancy! Make a Steampunk version, or a futuristic Sci-Fi camper! Give it legs or wings instead of wheels! Keep it firmly down to earth as a Town version, but just soup it up! The possibilities are endless.

All we ask is that you keep the basic dimensions the same: the body must be no larger than the original (10 studs by 4 studs; height 13 plates) but reasonable overhang and appendages will be allowed; and the body must be recognisable as a VW Camper.

Only LEGO elements may be used, but custom decals are permitted.

You do NOT need to own the official LEGO version to build this. The instructions for the VW Mini-Camper are available to download and attached to this post.

The Prizes (kindly provided by The LEGO Affiliate Programme)

First Prize

gallery_6705_159_48504.jpg10220 VW Camper + gallery_6705_159_46749.jpg40079 Mini VW Camper

Four Runners-Up Prizes

gallery_6705_159_46749.jpg40079 Mini VW Camper

The Rules

1. The contest is open to all Eurobricks members except staff.
  2. Members may enter as many models as they wish.
  3. There is no restriction on the number of parts. The model must be based a shell of around the same dimensions as the LEGO Mini-Camper: 10 studs long by 4 studs wide, 13 plates high and must be recognisable as a camper, but any further additions are permitted within reason so long as the result is a vehicle.
  4. There is no restriction on part count as long as the above criteria are fulfilled.
  5. Post your entries in the entry thread. Use a separate post for each entry. No other comments will be allowed in the entry thread - a separate thread will be provided for comments.
  6. Up to four photographs are allowed, maximum size 800x600 pixels, but you may link to a folder of further images. No digital backgrounds please.
  7. Text descriptions are encouraged and we recommend you describe the theme you have chosen.
  8. Use LEGO elements only: no clone brands or aftermarket products (BrickArms, BrickForge etc.). No cutting, sculpting, painting or other modifications of parts is allowed with the exception of flex-tubes which may be cut to the desired length but not modified in any other way.
  9. Custom decals are allowed as long as you have made them yourself. Official LEGO stickers may be used.
  10. No digital entries, diagrams or renders please.
  11. You may edit or adjust your entry up until the closing date.
  12. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not adhere to these rules or where any abuse of the spirit of the contest or of other members occurs.

Closing Date for entries is 30 September 2013

Please use this thread for questions and discussion related to the contest.

Entry Thread

Comments Thread

Have fun, and good luck!

40079 Mini-Camper Instructions

MiniCamperInstructions.pdf

Wow this looks fun! And it looks something a lot of people can participate in. Maybe I'll give it a shot!

Nice contest. But I'm staff so I can't participate, or are regulators no staff? I would like to participate :grin:

Great unique contest! And I'm happy you can enter many models, since I already have so many ideas!

Nice contest. But I'm staff so I can't participate, or are regulators no staff? I would like to participate :grin:

As regulators didn't know about it in advance, it's reasonable for you to be able to enter. (Rufus agrees.)

Very cool! Though I do have to wonder about TLG sanctioning a contest that was going to use "Pimp" in its name (did they know about that in advance?).

Great! I personally own the VW Camper but who cares! :wink:

One note to Staff: The instructions in the post show up upside down. I'm not sure if it's just my computer or what, but it's no big deal. :classic:

Been working on mine since this thread was posted, I spent several hours trying to make complicated gull-wing doors before i realized it is actually very simple :wall: . Anyway mine is now up :laugh: .

OK. Quick question: if I jacked up the suspension on the VW camper, would that count as increasing its height and be disqualified?

Wow, great idea for a contest! I already have lots of ideas for this, so I'm very glad we can submit as many entries as we want! Great prizes too! :sweet:

But wait - FBTB has a contest like this too? I guess they haven't posted it yet because I haven't heard anything about it. :wacko:

One note to Staff: The instructions in the post show up upside down. I'm not sure if it's just my computer or what, but it's no big deal. :classic:

It's done that way for all the Aussies. :sceptic:

Great entries so far well done!

Looking forward to giving this one a good crack.

Hmm... Can you post the same idea as someone else? I was gonna do a DeLorean too.

I dont mind, A little inner competition is always fun :wink:

OK. Quick question: if I jacked up the suspension on the VW camper, would that count as increasing its height and be disqualified?

I hope not - otherwise I've got a bit of a problem with mine.... I say do it and if we get DQ'd then so be it

Oh, BTW mine's up!

I'm struggling to get the secret machinery in my alternate model, but I shall prevail.... bwaahahahaaaahaaa.

I think I'll give this one a go! :classic:

I hope not - otherwise I've got a bit of a problem with mine....

I think th 13-plate height is just for the body of the van. They did say you can put legs on it and I can't imagine those not being shorter than wheels :wink:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri