SkaForHire

Book II - Kaliphlin: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Abū Alī al-Ḥusayn ibn Abd Allāh ibn Sīnā

Sounds like a name that belongs in Nocturnus. I think you got confused. Come east!

Wonderful to see legends of Kaliphlin resurfacing!

(@Gabe: Your harbor MOC was one of the ones getting me to join Kaliphlin instead of Mitgardia :wink:)

Sounds like a name that belongs in Nocturnus. I think you got confused. Come east!

Trust me young ZCerberus: I have been to the West, I have been to the North, and I have been to the East as well. But in stubbornness and evil there is no truth!

Abu Ali

I haven't been able to use the internet much lately, which is why I've been pretty silent, but that will hopefully change next week. It's great to see some returning Kaliphlinians though! Welcome back!

Ska, you're welcome to use any of my builds you think are good enough!

"Sounds like that name belongs in Nocturnus"

Too funny. Nocturnus are sounding like used car salesmen!

"Nah ya don't wanna join that guild, I gotta better one right 'ere. Lovely bit of landscape, plenty of decent tribes and its hardly been used. This guild doesn't just make you look good, it also attracts the ladies. Even I'm part of it! I mean Ya can't get a better deal than that can ya! Tell ya wot, I'll throw in a couple of Drow slaves for ya, just to sweeten the deal! I mean I can't get fairer than that right! Go on son, join Nocty"

Sounds like you have the pitch down DC. What do I have to do to get you to make that pitch for Nocturnus full time?

Well ya know Z, it will cost a years supply of Drow slaves that Avalonia can put to work keeping the toilets clean!

Ska- please feel free to use any of my builds for the recruiting!

I'm back from vacation, now so hopefully the building can begin for me again this weekend. I have one LUG duty to take care of before October and then it is all Historica for me.

Nocturnus seems to be in full swing now, can't wait to see what comes of that! There are quite a few Ravens popping up over there too, so we might want to keep watch of our southern swamplands just in case. Sightings of Raven creatures down there too...

Wrong guild Gabe. You're supposta join Nocturnus!

Haha i never do what i'm supposed to though! :wink: Nice to see you leading the dark forces though, Nocturnus looks like a force to be reckoned with! :thumbup:

Great to have you building again for GoH Gabe :thumbup:

Thanks Soccerkid! I'm feeling quite excited about book 2 already!

Great to see you back with another Kaliphlin MOC in progress! I know how it goes with builds taking forever. I'm currently on one of those.

Cheers Masa! Ooh, will you post a progress pic/teaser of your current build? :excited:

Wonderful to see legends of Kaliphlin resurfacing!

(@Gabe: Your harbor MOC was one of the ones getting me to join Kaliphlin instead of Mitgardia :wink:)

Aw thanks Gideon, you have no idea how chuffed that makes me feel. Kaliphlin certainly is the richer for having you!

Glad to hear from you again Abu Ali!!! :classic:

Seconded!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

"Sounds like that name belongs in Nocturnus"

Too funny. Nocturnus are sounding like used car salesmen!

"Nah ya don't wanna join that guild, I gotta better one right 'ere. Lovely bit of landscape, plenty of decent tribes and its hardly been used. This guild doesn't just make you look good, it also attracts the ladies. Even I'm part of it! I mean Ya can't get a better deal than that can ya! Tell ya wot, I'll throw in a couple of Drow slaves for ya, just to sweeten the deal! I mean I can't get fairer than that right! Go on son, join Nocty"

Haha... :rofl: Yeah, selling one second-hand guild, only slightly used? :poke: (Too harsh? Sorry! *ducks*)

Haha... :rofl: Yeah, selling one second-hand guild, only slightly used? :poke: (Too harsh? Sorry! *ducks*)

This is like a punch on the face. Good call on that. :laugh:

Great to see your return, Christoph!

Cheers Masa! Ooh, will you post a progress pic/teaser of your current build? :excited:

I posted two bits of it a while ago in the old Kaliphlin thread, here and here. No new ones as I don't want to spoil the surprise but I doubt it will be finished before December.

I posted two bits of it a while ago in the old Kaliphlin thread, here and here. No new ones as I don't want to spoil the surprise but I doubt it will be finished before December.

They look great Masa! The wip looks very promising - i'm curious to see how big it's going to be when finished. I like the almost Thai-style roofline. :thumbup: The huge LDD tower looks amazing too!

I think I forgot to welcome Gabe back, I am very glad to see you!

Also, I have a unique guild challenge in mind as a warm up challenge. Well at least I think it is unique... I still need to build a couple things first.

Don't worry Z, even though we're sticking with Kaliphlin, I think we can show you that there's plenty of evil, deviousness, cunning, and monstrosity lurking down here, just below the sands... :devil:

In a somewhat related note: I bought three of the Halloween Accessory sets on sale ($10.48 each), just to get ready for Book II! Fairly good deal as each one includes a witch, zombie, ghost, spider, frog, bat, rat, two snakes, and a bunch of creepy foliage. BL prices out the parts at $24. Discovered how to evade shipping charges -- just went to my local LEGO store and asked for the set; since they didn't have it in the store, they'll ship it to you for FREE!

.There are quite a few Ravens popping up over there too, so we might want to keep watch of our southern swamplands just in case. Sightings of Raven creatures down there too...

That's why I set up several watchtowers in the southern swamplands; if anything attempts to get in that way, they'll catch it.

That's why I set up several watchtowers in the southern swamplands; if anything attempts to get in that way, they'll catch it.

Heh, you'll never see me coming. Mwahahahahahaha.

Now that's a real pity... No, just kidding, however, we would love to have you up north sometime :sweet:

I agree with you, though, if I wasn't a Mitgardian, I'd certainly be a Kaliphlinian :classic:

If I wasn't Avalonian, I would be Mitgardian. It was the Elves, I had to have my Elves.

Well if Avalonia hadn't been closed to new members when I joined GoH, I would be Avalonian right now... thankfully I joined at just the right time to pick Kaliphlin. :laugh: Unfortunately while I like the folks up in Mitgardia, it would be my last pick as far as landscaping goes...

I really wonder why? So much more landscaping potential in the North!

Exactly why those Mitgardians have 472 words for snow, and 195 words for ice!

I think they have one word which covers all plants and trees, and no words for hot or warm. They just use the phrase "not cold", which in their language, also has the meaning of "nonsense".

Exactly why those Mitgardians have 472 words for snow, and 195 words for ice!

I think they have one word which covers all plants and trees, and no words for hot or warm. They just use the phrase "not cold", which in their language, also has the meaning of "nonsense".

And dont forget about ice related bad puns.

Ice-talavista, baby. :poke: