SkaForHire

Book II - Kaliphlin: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Freedom loving Kaliphlinians? Vote Mich Maxersine today, before it's too late!

Mitgardian%20Voting%20House%20%284%29.JPG

My apologizes for the poor photo quality, the sun was down so I had to take it inside :grin:

9753343824_c5289eab9c_z.jpg

Ageven and Masa voting :classic:

Good news everyone!

My folks came down to visit (primarily so I could see my dad who recently got out of the hospital for having a heart attack), but anyways I managed to get some funding and pick up another light! Which means photo quality should be going up!

On other news I found CMF Series 11 at TRU! Unfortunately, no Bavarian Girl or Barbarian.

Good news everyone!

My folks came down to visit (primarily so I could see my dad who recently got out of the hospital for having a heart attack), but anyways I managed to get some funding and pick up another light! Which means photo quality should be going up!

On other news I found CMF Series 11 at TRU! Unfortunately, no Bavarian Girl or Barbarian.

I hope your father is doing well!

I am having real trouble getting anything that I really want... I have a million climbers and welders now. I have found two barbarians and two Bavarian girls, but no Tikis, yetis or elves. I am going to go to another TRU today or tomorrow to check.

So, we have gone to at one point the guild with the most active members to now a clear 4th place, even though none of those people really quit or moved on! I suppose I should do some recruiting on my spare time.

Here is my plan: I am going to invite any of the old members back that have been online in the last three months. Maybe we can pick up some of the original steam we had through the first two challenges.

I want to ask you all if I can have permission to use your MOC pictures as propaganda for Kaliphlin recruiting. I am thinking primarily of some of the recent stuff, but also some of the old challenge builds. I would like to make collages and/or a youtube video. So let me know if you are opposed to me using these images (I will make sure your name is listed if it is not already.)

I suppose there are alway up and downs ...

I am not necessarily concerned, as most of the members now have been long standing members, and we have picked up a lot of new blood this year in comparison to Mitgardia and Nocturnus before the announcement of Book 2. But, with possible poaching and more importantly a flux of new membership elsewhere, I think it would be nice to get some more members in here to hopefully flesh out the great story teller's guild some more.

Things are looking a little "barren" here. Has everyone "deserted"?

What, are you trying to be Mitgardian now with all those puns?

No deserters that I know of, but I think a few people are on vacation.

in comparison to Mitgardia and Nocturnus before the announcement of Book 2

what's that supposed to mean? After all we beat you by one point! :tongue:

I think that sounds like a great idea Ska. If any of my builds are good enough, feel free to use them. Some of the original members are quite active on Flickr, but I'm not sure they've been on eurobricks in a while. If you need help, let me know and I will send notes, or help recruit, or whatever is needed.

what's that supposed to mean? After all we beat you by one point! :tongue:

I meant about getting new members. That snowstorm was just too much, despite Kai's awesome effort with the Tour. You all did not pick up very many new members during the spring and summer, was all I was saying.

I think that sounds like a great idea Ska. If any of my builds are good enough, feel free to use them. Some of the original members are quite active on Flickr, but I'm not sure they've been on eurobricks in a while. If you need help, let me know and I will send notes, or help recruit, or whatever is needed.

I have contacted the 20 or so members that were on the original list that had logged in since June. But there were at least 15 - 20 people in the threads that had not logged on since 2012. I didn't send them messages. I would love to get back some of the beginning members because after reading all of the introductions, there were a lot of good stories that never appeared. Kaliphlin would be a much busier place with their return. I have not gone through the whole thread to find members that were never added to SI's list on the first page though, I will have to leave that for another time. Anyone you want to hit up on Flickr is fine with me, I have been absent over there for a little bit now.

Edited by SkaForHire

So, we have gone to at one point the guild with the most active members to now a clear 4th place, even though none of those people really quit or moved on! I suppose I should do some recruiting on my spare time.

Here is my plan: I am going to invite any of the old members back that have been online in the last three months. Maybe we can pick up some of the original steam we had through the first two challenges.

I want to ask you all if I can have permission to use your MOC pictures as propaganda for Kaliphlin recruiting. I am thinking primarily of some of the recent stuff, but also some of the old challenge builds. I would like to make collages and/or a youtube video. So let me know if you are opposed to me using these images (I will make sure your name is listed if it is not already.)

Sounds good and of course I don't mind you using my pics for Kaliphlin propaganda! :laugh: You know what I'm working on (what I showed you was just half of the structure) so like I said before I probably won't be on here much until it is completed except for possibly the occasional fig barf and a followup for Dugal's resurection...

Feel free to use any of my Kaliphlin builds for recruitment efforts! :classic:

Just letting you all know, I'm still here even if I don't post frequently. This week just picked up quickly so I've been rather inactive lately. Hopefully I should have my Family Heirloom build ready for the weekend.

As for recruitment...

Please don't use any of my MOC's. They aren't good to be quite honest :sceptic:

Feel free to use any of my MOCs, pics, etc. Good luck with the effort!

BTW, I found a ton of yetis when I went to the LEGO store looking for CMF 11s. Picked up two. Lucked into one Tiki dude; they seem quite rare. I hear ya about the climbers. Found a lot of policemen also.

I feel like I have a chance to re-purpose the policemen, Even the climbers pants have caribiners (sp?)on them, so they don't look medeival / renaissance at all. If you end up with a bunch of yetis let me know, I would gladly buy five or so off of you!

If you end up with a bunch of yetis let me know, I would gladly buy five or so off of you!

Might go to the store this weekend, and if so, will pick some up for you if I find any. If you get any before then, PM me, and I'll check before I buy some for you.

Hey fellow guildies, sorry i haven't been around to contribute for much of this year (ugh i sound like a broken record :sad: ), but i still want to be a part of GoH for Kaliphlin. The recruiting drive sounds like a cool idea and i'm totes fine if anyone wants to use any of my images for that purpose. :thumbup:

Believe it or not but i am still building - this bloody Petraea uni thing is taking forever but i've promised it for a show in 2 weeks so i'll definately have pics to show you by then! For now though, this is as far as i've got with it:

theatrewipeb_190913.jpg

It will prob end up a load of old cobblers as i feel well out of my usual building rhythm atm, but whatevs, at least i will have made something at long last, right? :blush:

Hope you are all doing well!

Yeah I am really happy to see all these familiar faces again :D glad to have you all back :)

Hey fellow guildies, sorry i haven't been around to contribute for much of this year (ugh i sound like a broken record :sad: ), but i still want to be a part of GoH for Kaliphlin. The recruiting drive sounds like a cool idea and i'm totes fine if anyone wants to use any of my images for that purpose. :thumbup:

Believe it or not but i am still building - this bloody Petraea uni thing is taking forever but i've promised it for a show in 2 weeks so i'll definately have pics to show you by then! For now though, this is as far as i've got with it:

It will prob end up a load of old cobblers as i feel well out of my usual building rhythm atm, but whatevs, at least i will have made something at long last, right? :blush:

Hope you are all doing well!

Great to see you back with another Kaliphlin MOC in progress! I know how it goes with builds taking forever. I'm currently on one of those.

Dear fellow Kaliphlins,

I send greetings to all of you. I was away (sorry!) and my mind may still be clouded. But do not worry: I am still busy seeking for truth!

You are doing a wonderful job keeping the guild in good shape (especially the building industry seems to be in a very good shape).

(Please understand: truth seeking is a full time job so my posting frequency will not be enormous...)

Yours,

Abū Alī al-Ḥusayn ibn Abd Allāh ibn Sīnā