Can't help but think of the several Unimogs that had to be 'sacrificed' to build the OP's original orange version ...

BTW, the Unimog is no longer available from TLG ... gab yours while you can.

stonetrtr_1.jpg

stonetrtr_t2.jpg

stonetrtr_rc2.jpg

Han has done it again, another amazing beauty!! Fully RC, too. I quote:

Trailers with a rolloader crane are mostly used to transport pallets with stones. The interesting parts of these trailers are the (steered) twin-wheels and the rolloader crane, able to ride on the trailer platform to pick the right pallet for unloading. ... It took about 12 months to design and is the largest MOC I ever designed (4.475 parts). The long development time is because I had to wait for the new Power Functions Servo motor to be available on Bricklink and to figure out how the rear trailer wheel steering could work reliable, even when fully loaded with pallets.

Stats:

• Length: 88 cm
  • Height: 25 cm
  • Width: 14,5 cm
  • Weight: 4,7 kg (including batteries & pallets)
  • Parts: 4475

More information (and building instructions link) here.

Edit: can a mod please change the title to 'Designer-Han's new MOC: truck 6x4 with stone trailer'

Edited by jantjeuh

As one probably noticed the BI's for the Stone Trailer Truck are done and ready for purchase.... one of the biggest jobs I did; took about 3 months to re-engineer the MOC to BI's for all 4.475 parts.

I like to take the liberty to thank you for the support, especially Ritztoys for 'testbuilding', Blakbird for the magnificent renders and Philo for designing the Alien minifig head. And all others that have an opinion at this model.

I agree, 14 orange panels is a CRIME.... :laugh:

I like to take the liberty to thank you for the support, especially Ritztoys for 'testbuilding'

Thanks Han, :blush: I will admit that I enjoyed every minute of building your new MOC. The rear trailer steering is a good example of your engineering in Lego, to get that special function you wanted for this model. :wink:

Edited by ritztoys

Trying to figure out what colour scheme to use for my copy... trying to choose between LBG/blue, white/blue, and white/lime. So with LBG or white replacing orange. Orange and blue panels are way too expensive, but I've got plenty of LBG panels, and white panels are cheap.

Edit: I've decided on a white/blue colour scheme, with white replacing orange and blue replacing lime. Ordered all parts!

Edited by jantjeuh

It has never been on Rebrickable AFAIK. Han never submitted it I think. Since it's a paid MOC I can't add it for him unfortunately.

If you want to check whether you can build it, simply create a private MOC and add the parts to it (Han has posted a parts list), then hit 'Build this MOC with your sets and parts' at the top.

How do you create a Private MOC? I've never seen an option for this.

Top right corner => My RB => My MOCs => Add New Private MOC :classic:

It's a bit hidden, I agree.

Edited by jantjeuh

@DesignerHan,How much are the instructions for this model and the gooseneck trailer?

Most of his instructions are free on his website. Just go there and take a look.

thanks blakbird! Its guna take the cannibalisation of quite a few models to make that, even my beloved 8110! but it will be worth it!

Most of his instructions are free on his website. Just go there and take a look.

That's not correct, Han asks 5 to 12,50 euro for most of the instructions on his website.

@DesignerHan,How much are the instructions for this model and the gooseneck trailer?

The instructions for this model cost €12.50, price for the gooseneck trailer (including tractor) is €10. I suggest posting such questions directly on Rebrickable, as the author will be notified.

Blakbird: your information is outdated, Han has started charging for his instructions :wink:

Edited by jantjeuh

The instructions for this model cost €12.50, price for the gooseneck trailer (including tractor) is €10. I suggest posting such questions directly on Rebrickable, as the author will be notified.

Blakbird: your information is outdated, Han has started charging for his instructions :wink:

I thought he had only started charging for his most recent models. I didn't realize he had retroactively started charging for his older models as well.