Sign in to follow this  
Fantu

MOC: Vladek Reborn

Did you think I had forgotten?

Did you think I had forgiven?

Behold now the terrible vengeance of the Scorpion King!

Death to all kingdoms! Death to all livings!

-- VLADEK

I wish to share with you my entry for LugBrasil's Chromatic Fortress Challenge.

9543507794_91b26196b6_b.jpg

Vladek Reborn por FantuX, no Flickr

9543506854_dd14a4d0be_b.jpg

Vladek Reborn - Vladek Arisen por FantuX, no Flickr

9540720545_4f3dc05a55_b.jpg

Vladek Reborn - Clear Shot por FantuX, no Flickr

Working claws!

9540720303_b69298a8cb_b.jpg

Vladek Reborn - Open Claws por FantuX, no Flickr

9543507030_aa6b929024_b.jpg

Vladek Reborn - Left View por FantuX, no Flickr

9543507258_a1253ee4c5_b.jpg

Vladek Reborn - Right View por FantuX, no Flickr

9540720881_ddd80941d6_b.jpg

Vladek Reborn - Group Shot por FantuX, no Flickr

I hope you like it! C&C are always welcome!

Cya!

Edited by Fantu

Very nice. We need more MOCs of some evil guys! This would work well in Nocturnus in the Guilds of Historica. Maybe you should considered switching guilds.

Very nice. We need more MOCs of some evil guys! This would work well in Nocturnus in the Guilds of Historica. Maybe you should considered switching guilds.

Just what I thought!

I like how well integrated the scorpion body is in the fortress. And nice to see Vladek again since his absence :wink:

Personally I'd have liked to see perhaps the return of the night's kingdom line or maybe a line set in the future where vladek has been resurrected by a sci fi scorpion army with modern tech and swords against the descendants of the knights in knight's kingdom and the king. Think about it! They could still have horses but it could have futuristic medieval tech. Like a catapult that fires lasers or a futuristic castle with cannons and acid. They could use holographic (trans blue, green, purple or red) shields but still have swords perhaps in the sword mold but different colours that have energy running through them (trans blue,red,green,purple). There could also be like hover battle wagons but like with the old symbol for vladek and the knights. There could also be hover cars and motorbikes. It would be like knight's kingdom in the very far future. On topic awesome moc really evokes what knight's kingdom used to.

Wow! Incredible work! Love the castle entrance, and the tree is perfect! It would fit well in Nocturnus! :wink::thumbup:

You definitely incorporated the scorpion design into the fortress very well :thumbup: The red and black colorscheme definitely adds to the scary feel :classic:

Thank you all for the comments!

I really like Vladek, Lego did a good job on his story, but making so many colors on the good guys made the KK2 end as a bad theme.

I wanted to join GoH in the begining and I made some elves to Avalonia. Then I got a new job.

I never gave up joining GoH, because my elven city still growing. I always enjoyed Nocturnus, but I didnt have enough bricks to be part of it. Nice to see that my castle would be welcome there.

I think this is great! I love the old "Named" villains of LEGO, particularly Vladek, Ogel, and Sam Sinister. It's nice to see one of them resurrected.

I always thought the rainbow styles of the Knights was supposed to be Power Rangers-esqe. Still weird, though.

Oooohhh this is awesome! Vladlek revival!

The huge scorpion claws are amazing! The scorpion on the wall is just beautiful :wub:

They original intended to make animal based buildings in this theme. If they hadn't dropped the idea, Vladek fortress could have been something like this.

Congratulations!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Oooohhh this is awesome! Vladlek revival!

The huge scorpion claws are amazing! The scorpion on the wall is just beautiful :wub:

They original intended to make animal based buildings in this theme. If they hadn't dropped the idea, Vladek fortress could have been something like this.

Congratulations!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

On the subject of resurrection... :look:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/MalpineWalis/ThreadResurrection.jpg

But since you bumped the thread, I can't help but comment on how on-point this post was...

Personally I'd have liked to see perhaps the return of the night's kingdom line or maybe a line set in the future where vladek has been resurrected by a sci fi scorpion army with modern tech and swords against the descendants of the knights in knight's kingdom and the king. Think about it! They could still have horses but it could have futuristic medieval tech. Like a catapult that fires lasers or a futuristic castle with cannons and acid. They could use holographic (trans blue, green, purple or red) shields but still have swords perhaps in the sword mold but different colours that have energy running through them (trans blue,red,green,purple). There could also be like hover battle wagons but like with the old symbol for vladek and the knights. There could also be hover cars and motorbikes. It would be like knight's kingdom in the very far future. On topic awesome moc really evokes what knight's kingdom used to.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I saw this when you first posted it, but I wasn't a member then, so I didn't comment.

Now I can!

Great build! I love Vladek as a character, and this build does him great justice.

Good job.

This is a really inventive build. The concept of a Scorpion Castle is interesting, and bringing it to life in this way is definitely different. I like the overall look of the castle. The claws are really clever, and the scorpion wall in behind is quite well done.

Great job!

Thank you all for the comments!

It was one of the MOCS that I most enjoyed to build because of it's history and I always wanted to see Vladek arise again.