Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Thanks guys! Problem is that the cartoon festival takes two months, so every brick I put into it would be "lost" for two months. That's why I tried to use as few as possible. 

I would have liked to make the crane work, but considering the limited time and the fact it would be exposed in a plastic case, that idea was dropped pretty quickly :wink: 

Hello avalonians! I would like to join your guild. 

34829745684_9700b74d88_z.jpgGoH sigfig by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

Here is my sigfig Roderick and his two sons. His wife died at childbirth (but if anyone have a suggestion for a female fleshie or non-specific torso that isn't a princessdress, she might get resurrected). He is a generic farmer but he serves in shifts as a soldier at Dorvale castle. He isn't the best swordsman but he knows that you stick them with the pointy end atleast. 

34829746674_de6013f867_z.jpgGoH figs by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

Here is Roderick in uniform, the lord of Dorvale and his son.

34829747634_f83cf0230e_z.jpgGoH Garrison by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

And here is the entire garrison.

I have been a lurker for a few years so I think i know the basics of GoH.

Welcome to the strongest, coolest, mightiest, in short best guild Roderick! Some cool fig combos you've got there, looking forward to your builds!

Finally! I can't wait to see some builds :laugh:  Interesting sig fig,  almost everyone goes for some form of royalty themselves so its nice to see a different approach. I have mind to change my sig fig to a similar position to you in book III.

@Legofin2012 You must have spent too much time in the snow! Up Avalonia!

50 minutes ago, Legofin2012 said:

Impressive army, very fitting for avalonia! And of course welcome to GoH!

@TitusV we all know Mitgardia is the coolest guild :tongue:

You know that's right! Geographically we're still tops too at this point :laugh:

@ZlatanXVIGustaf Welcome to the guilds!

@TitusV That is one of the most innovative builds I've seen in a while, between the roof building, the road construction, the nice farming technique with the log bricks (at an angle to boot), but my favorite by far is the ditch digging in progress with the supports in place.  Excellent 12 hour build!

@ZlatanXVIGustaf Welcome to Avalonia!  Nice sigfig, and a nice collection of Avalonian troops to boot!

Welcome Zlatan!:) 

great build titus!!!:wub:

i have been on vacation so no time with My bricks. Will Edit My photos and post the castle soon:)

Thanks guys!

@soccerkid6: probaly the forefathers put you there to compensate for giving fertile lands to Avalonia... :wink: 

Welcome to the Guilds, ZlatanXVIGustaf!  Neat backstory and great looking group of figs there! :classic:

Great set Zlatan, and welcome to Avalonia, have fun building...

On 2-7-2017 at 4:54 PM, ZlatanXVIGustaf said:

(but if anyone have a suggestion for a female fleshie or non-specific torso that isn't a princessdress, she might get resurrected).

For a fleshie female peasant dress I always use Princess Leia from the Ewok Village...

18 hours ago, narbilu said:

Great set Zlatan, and welcome to Avalonia, have fun building...

For a fleshie female peasant dress I always use Princess Leia from the Ewok Village...

Thanks!

Great suggestion, I'll try to get my hands on one of those.

19 hours ago, ZlatanXVIGustaf said:

Thanks!

Great suggestion, I'll try to get my hands on one of those.

You could also consider the torso of March Harriet from the LEGO Batman CMF; with different arms and legs she could be quite serviceable as a fleshie medieval female torso of some kind. 

And twelve points go to... Avalonia!!!

Not only getting a honorable mention, but also delivering the winner of this year's Summer Joust Castle Collaboration Category, it is clear we are the best guild :tongue: 

Congratulations to @Henjin_Quilones, @The Maestro and @ZlatanXVIGustaf

1 hour ago, TitusV said:

And twelve points go to... Avalonia!!!

Not only getting a honorable mention, but also delivering the winner of this year's Summer Joust Castle Collaboration Category, it is clear we are the best guild :tongue: 

Congratulations to @Henjin_Quilones, @The Maestro and @ZlatanXVIGustaf

Thanks Titus! 

On 7/12/2017 at 4:15 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

You could also consider the torso of March Harriet from the LEGO Batman CMF; with different arms and legs she could be quite serviceable as a fleshie medieval female torso of some kind. 

That is a very good shout. Much cheaper than the Leia torso too.

Being the only guild represented, I suppose you all had that coming :wink: If Isaac and I were able to participate, you might have had at least some competition from the other guilds though :laugh:

Congrats guys! You all did wonderfully with your builds :sweet::thumbup:

Just now, LittleJohn said:

Being the only guild represented, I suppose you all had that coming :wink: If Isaac and I were able to participate, you might have had at least some competition from the other guilds though :laugh:

Congrats guys! You all did wonderfully with your builds :sweet::thumbup:

Sst, don't say that aloud :innocent2: noone would have noticed!

Do I hear someone asking for a build-off? :grin: 

Thanks!

And to complete the trio here is my addition to the winning team:

Also for the Summer Joust my contribution to the other team I was lucky enough to be a part of:

And another freebuild will be up in the next day or so :tongue:

Hello folks, I've been lurking about here for a while during a bit of a lay off from BoBS and Lego in general while I redo my cellar/man cave and I've been increasingly drawn to doing some GoH builds, Avalonia seems the right choice for me and I'm looking to get going soon but I've a quick question. Is the map on page 1 up to date, my main idea is based around a southern lord and his family living on the Kaliphlin border, if there are players using that space I might need to tweak things. Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Phadeout
Spelling, as usual.

11 minutes ago, Phadeout said:

Hello folks, I've been lurking about here for a while during a bit of a lay off from BoBS and Lego in general while I redo my cellar/man cave and I've been increasingly drawn to doing some GoH builds, Avalonia seems the right choice for me and I'm looking to get going soon but I've a quick question. Is the map on page 1 up to date, my main idea is based around a southern lord and his family living on the Kaliphlin border, if there are players using that space I might need to tweak things. Thanks in advance :)

It's good to see you'll be joining our mighty guild, Phadeout!

As for your question: no, I don't think it's very up-to-date. The most complete version of the map has been drawn by @Henjin_Quilones, some pages back in this thread. Maybe he could re-post it? :wink:

In any case, I have a county on the Kaliphlin border, next to @Bregir's Trifork (with who I have an alliance, and marriage ties) in the south-eastern corner. But not for very long anymore...

Edited by TitusV