Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Some of you may have noticed that I've been away quite a bit lately. School started back up again, and I just don't have the time for working on my builds. I'll get out what I can, but I can't promise anything.

Of course, take Your Time! Real life goes first! Hope You can build something

The first post has finally been updated. Anyone that was listed as a "resident of Avalonia" a year ago, or has posted a task or Challenge build has been listed as a Lord, all others as residents. Please let me know if there are tasks or challenges that I am missing from your entries, as well as your character name if I missed it.

The tasks I've completed aren't listed by my name, but my name seems to be in the correct list! Thanks, Rogue. Any idea when Task 4 settlements will be updated?

I got all of my bricks back now, and it seems now that I have a good amount of bricks to build in Avalonia. However, I don't have many "medieval" minifigures, so I am waiting for my Mirkwood Elf Army to arrive, which won't come until the 20th. Unfortunately, school starts a few days before that, so I probably won't be able to post my official intro, much less any builds. I really hoped I could join the Guilds before summer ended, but it seems I can't. I still really look forward to joining this great community and will try to post and visit whenever I can.

Also, what would you guys suggest would be good Lego sets for Avalonia? Somewhere between $30 and $50 for the price range would be good.

Edited by Brandon Stark

I got all of my bricks back now, and it seems now that I have a good amount of bricks to build in Avalonia. However, I don't have many "medieval" minifigures, so I am waiting for my Mirkwood Elf Army to arrive, which won't come until the 20th. Unfortunately, school starts a few days before that, so I probably won't be able to post my official intro, much less any builds. I really hoped I could join the Guilds before summer ended, but it seems I can't. I still really look forward to joining this great community and will try to post and visit whenever I can.

Also, what would you guys suggest would be good Lego sets for Avalonia? Somewhere between $30 and $50 for the price range would be good.

I'm sorry to hear that! We look forward to seeing You in action!

About the sets: Uruk-Hai Army is great, but quit expensive. Blacksmith attack is also really nice

I'm sorry to hear that! We look forward to seeing You in action!

About the sets: Uruk-Hai Army is great, but quit expensive. Blacksmith attack is also really nice

Thanks for the advice, I will make sure to consider that when buying my next set. I'm digging through my collection now, hoping to find a good minifigure for my sigfig.

Aaahhhh, finally. A weekend in my Lego cave with some satisfying builds:

Partial Control of Hemresa (Lord Nar Bilu returns to Avalonia)

Lord Nar Bilu's Army

Hope you like 'm.

Also prepping my next large build (the landscape I build earlier for BoBs, but I thought it fit GoH better with my new storyline)

28888303142_c9dc3781ca_c.jpg

Phase one - the wall

Aaahhhh, finally. A weekend in my Lego cave with some satisfying builds:

Hope you like 'm.

Also prepping my next large build (the landscape I build earlier for BoBs, but I thought it fit GoH better with my new storyline)

Phase one - the wall

. Wow, looking great!

I'm about to post my sigfig, but I have one more thing. I need my sigfig to come from one of the Avalonian provinces. His family would be the vassal of the ruling family of that province. Can I come from anyone's land? Sorry for asking too many questions, I should post my sigfig today.

Edited by Brandon Stark

I'm about to post my sigfig, but I have one more thing. I need my sigfig to come from one of the Avalonian provinces. His family would be the vassal of the ruling family of that province. Can I come from anyone's land? Sorry for asking too many questions, I should post my sigfig today.

Sure, you can come from Drondil!

I'm honoured!

Edited by TitusV

All of them... Just all Lego sets, ever...

In all seriousness, I would have recommended Helm's Deep or the Ewok Village, but you said between $30 and $50. Almost all of the Hobbit sets are great for Avalonia, as well as the LotR sets that fit your price range (especially 9471 Uruk-hai Army as Titus mentioned). They are a bit pricier now on BL, being retired, but if you are willing to buy used you can sometimes find them for a reasonable price, even below original MSRP, and if you have patience and an abundance of time there is always Ebay. Read a few recent posts on the Guild threads for some success stories from Ebay that others have shared. I happen to love 79002 Attack of the Wargs, as well as 79001 Escape from Mirkwood Spiders, and really all of the Hobbit sets that I bought (which sadly was far fewer than I would have liked).

If you are looking at currently released sets, I would recommend taking a serious look at the Elves line. Yes, the minidolls are awful, but they have hair that fits regular minifigs (with elf-ears, if you can stand the bright colors) and you get many tree parts and brown building materials, as well as some nice architectural elements and domestic accessories. Another plus is that, as a non-licensed line, the price-per-piece is comparably low, giving you more bang for your buck. They are especially nice if you are building in the Enchanted Forest, with the purple and pink leaves that you can get with them. I have purchased a few and have zero regrets from them, despite the strange looks I got at checkout at Target.

I look forward to seeing your sigfig and some builds (relatively) soon!

Thanks Titus and Henjin Quilones. Now, without further adieu, here is my sig fig.

28934601131_6e5b7b27a8_n.jpg

Lord Brandon Stark of Lys

Brandon Stark was born as the illegitimate son of Lord Viserys of House Lynderly, a vassal of House Drondil, and a minor Kaliphlin noblewoman. Unlike most "baseborn", as illegitimate children are called, he was raised in his father's family castle, and his mother's identity was only known by his father.

Often treated as an outsider to his family, Brandon found it hard to get accepted by society. Nevertheless, he was given a good martial education by the master-at-arms, and was taught to read and write by the maester. Brandon was never poor, and always had good food and a roof to sleep under at night. He was also good friends with his trueborn siblings.

From when he was old enough to now he was "a different person", Brandon knew that he would always be treated that way his whole life, and would never be allowed to inherit anything. So, at sixteen, he left home to make his place in the world. He traveled the lands of Historica for two years, before returning to Avalonia just as Artorious Rex arrived in Avalonia.

Brandon immediately joined the Flight of Dragons, and impressed Artorious with his exceptional fighting skills. When the Guild of Avalonia was founded, he was finally legitimized and knighted, founding House Stark. He was also given a position in Albion, and appointed Lord of Dragonstone.

During the Kaliphlin Civil War, Brandon went south, during which he met his mother and her family, who were staunch High Council supporters. After the war ended, the Desert King occupied much of the guild, and started to seize the lands of lords loyal to High Council, giving them to his loyal subjects. When his mother's family fled to Avalonia, he granted them a piece of land of the Avalonian mainland for them to rule.

Brandon is often looked down on by the other nobility in Albion, due to his origins. Because illegitimate children are often looked down upon in Avalonian society, many are jealous and surprised that one like him would rise up to his current standing. He has used this to his advantage, for few would come to suspect his ambitions. Brandon, friendly but emotionless on the outside, is a master at court intrigue, and has a good sized spy network.

However, Brandon only does what he feels is right, and would do almost anything to protect his family. Many in his inner circle enjoy favors. However, he does not tolerate wanton destruction or harm. Being rejected himself, Brandon has a soft side for those rejected by society.

28934620561_8d53ab1767_n.jpg

This is my sigfig, in more formal clothing.

29011100215_7ac1cd83bf_n.jpg

I would like to create a whole new island where the blue circle is, and claim a strip of land on the mainland. However, I see that "Ranevel" is already there, so I would like to ask permission from the owner. A map of the island is above. I will upload a better one later. I have decided to abandon my earlier claims for a new area. This is also my official intro, since I just got my bricks back.

Edited by Brandon Stark

Amazing story Brandon, "a tale worthy of the gods" ;p can't give you a good answer about your island but it's pretty small so it should be fine.

I just wondered this, Is there a dating system at all in GOH, for example, if I was writing a caption for a battle scene, could I say: "This battle happened in date" or should I just stick to A Long Time Ago In a galaxy far far away

Thanks in advance

Columbus

Had another two hours of peace and quiet yesterday... Behold the progress:

Looking quite spectacular! Nice work!