Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

Work in progress: Fort Brighton

Finally is an excelent MOC....when i saw the first photo i thought it wasn't so great....but finally it rocks....i love the armors that adorn the building.

Only one siggestion. Some faces aren't apropiate to soldiers....they work better with pirates....but is only a personal opinion....and isn't very relevant

This is getting very awsome! I like the big arches under it, and I would comment on this more, although it seems thumbnail 9 through 13 have the exact same picture as thumb 1.

You are correct sir! I fixed the links... I think!

Finally is an excelent MOC....when i saw the first photo i thought it wasn't so great....but finally it rocks....i love the armors that adorn the building.

That is probably because at first it looked like 3 crippled walls! I think the size is just about where I want it. Now I just have to figure out how to finish the tower structure...

Only one siggestion. Some faces aren't apropiate to soldiers....they work better with pirates....but is only a personal opinion....and isn't very relevant

if you mean the blue guy with the eye patch in thumb 4 I agree. Who ever I got the soldier from must have had that head on him and I just never changed it. I also dislike the head and I will change it sometime.

The new fortress look incredible. And it is not even finished...

This is a valid remark indeed. The view of the governor standing on his balcony is a bit blocked by the big tower of the new fortress.

Yes, I am a little concerned that the building behind ins a bit superfluous now. But at the same time it is also an armory storing lots of weapons of sorts and the master at arms can still look over the connecting fortress section! Who know what I will do. I also would like to remind you he can look left AND right... two out of three ain't bad?

I do have one small problem with it though.

See the 1x3 bricks above the knights heads. They look a bit plain and "slabby".

Could you add some more detail instead of those blocks, say something like the 1x1 clips or the 1x1 round plates in this photo. I know its only a small thing but I think it will make a lot of diference.

Well that whole mini structure is a bit flimsy... I'm not yet entirely sure what to do with it. I think I started with the threes to make sure the whole piece stayed together! I suppose I could do it with a plate just as easily as a brick.

It just keeps looking more and more magnificent... Its bringing tears to my eyes :'-)

Only problem now is the new fort really foreshadows the original structure behind it.

Don't cry!

I am not sure foreshadows is the right word... maybe Overshadows?!

Well I shall try to lure you before I spring my trap then! ;-)

Eek! Not a trap!

I suppose with all them vessels around your harbor too, i should just remain a nuisance well out of range of this fort.

Ah my good man, you are thinking what I am doing! The old rear section, the armory part, is still going to remain intact. I guess with how massive the new fortress is getting though, it is basically going to hide the whole armory section behind it... oh well!

I think it's fine that the armory is getting over shadowed by the new fort portion (which is looking flippin sweet!! BTW).

Maybe make your armory smaller, or less elegant so it looks like it should be overshadowed by the new fort.

P

I think it's fine that the armory is getting over shadowed by the new fort portion (which is looking flippin sweet!! BTW).

Maybe make your armory smaller, or less elegant so it looks like it should be overshadowed by the new fort.

I totally agree with my bro here. The armory should be smaller than the main fort. I can

No I mean keep the old front part (in addition to the armoury) and have the new section jutting out of the old fort in the water.

I'd LOVE to see this on an event, in battle with the Arbiter... WOW! Very impressive, the roofs look brilliant. Everything looks brilliant! Need I say more??

Mr Tiber

Eek! Not a trap!

I suppose with all them vessels around your harbor too, i should just remain a nuisance well out of range of this fort.

Or maybe I wanted you to think it was a trap so you would stick to the open water so I could spring my REAL trap ;-)

We'll wee what I come up with when I finally get around to building again!

What a great fort is this! All those details look fantastic, good use of all the arches and I really like the minifig statues now, being dark grey.

If only I had that many white bricks and arches...

Keep up the good work!

Some other details that I find notable are the yellow flowers that adorn the building. Excellent use, here. *y* Those dark grey statues look great, too. Lastly I like how you

I just love it Mr. Z.

Can't say anything to improve, because I think it is perfect!

I just love it Mr. Z.

Can't say anything to improve, because I thinks it is perfect!

Why thank you boney... but I think maybe I will try to make the upper most level and the second to top level... the one with the balconies, the same length and width. Right now the upper level is 1 wider and 1 longer. I will try to get to that today, then I will post a comparison pic. I think this change will make both sections look taller, and it will compress the upper roof a little which I might find more appealing. Stay tuned!

Looking real good! The height is interesting, but also gives the building an edge...

God Bless,

Nathan

ZCerberus

Wow!!! *y* *y* This is really looking awesome. My jaw nearly hit the floor when I opened your forum and saw the updated fortress. I think this fort would do its job in battle and maybe even avoid some battles by scaring off would be attackers. *sweet*

Duke

Okay so some more progress, I am not sure if I love it or hate it... I think I am somewhere in between... I think I need to do more with all the white space underneath the upper roof.

Maybe try having the top roof at the same slope as the smaller roofs on the lower floors.

Also, i'd try to have a much taller flag pole. Maybe even use one of B's flags and have it larger than a lego flag.

Other than that, This is coming along spectacularly 8-o

*y*

This is a fine addition to Ft. Brighton indeed.

There is a lot of good detail all over the place, and the yellow and white flow together real well.

P

Thanks man, I try my best.

Okay so some more progress, I am not sure if I love it or hate it... I think I am somewhere in between... I think I need to do more with all the white space underneath the upper roof.

Left to do still... Get wheels for cannons, do some interiors, make connector section from armory to fortress.

Pics...

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

img_1544.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1545.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1546.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1547.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1548.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1549.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_1550.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1551.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1552.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1553.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1554.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1555.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_1556.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1557.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1558.jpg_thumb.jpg

That was my favourite part :-P

Very impressive, Mr. Cerberus. Even the sheer size of it astounds me. Great detail too, especially those statues, a wonderfull touch. Great job. *y*

Okay peeps, I am off to my girlfriends, so this will be brief. Hopefully tomorrow I can take pictures of the interiors and what not, but for now, two overviews of the progress. Still needs some wheels and cannons!

15.jpg

16.jpg

More tomorrow!!

I am not sure foreshadows is the right word... maybe Overshadows?!

Yes that's the right word - my enternal dictionary must have had a malfunction.

Now you've built even more the original component looks like its an outhouse or something tacked onto the back!

Now you've built even more the original component looks like its an outhouse or something tacked onto the back!

I don't believe this is a problem. Its rather an "added value".

Even real forts were often rebuild, buildings and walls added.

So this is a fort with a long and rich history that has been adapted to the needs of each time-period.

When cannons and ships got more powerful, a part was rebuild to protect the fort because of these changed conditions.

i dont really like pirates but i like a beautiful moc! :-D very nice work! *wub*

ZCerberus

Wow!!! *y* *y* This is really looking awesome. My jaw nearly hit the floor when I opened your forum and saw the updated fortress. I think this fort would do its job in battle and maybe even avoid some battles by scaring off would be attackers. *sweet*

Duke

I hope so! Now I just wonder if the rest of harbor is going to seem... well... "blah" heh. Well I am planning on adding a small fortress like section to the other side as well, so hopefully it will all look good.

Maybe try having the top roof at the same slope as the smaller roofs on the lower floors.

Also, i'd try to have a much taller flag pole. Maybe even use one of B's flags and have it larger than a lego flag.

Well I thought about running the roof at that same angle, except with the two sides meeting in the middle like it does on the tower, it just didn't really work, it looked too stubby. I left the angles but then changed the fron facing to match the rest of the fortress

That was my favourite part :-P

What part was your favorite part?

Well you would have to remember that there is still the whole rest of the harbor! Even still, I agree with you to a point. I think maybe I can do some minor modifications to increase its looks and fit. I need to redesign the connection sector a little anyway!

I don't believe this is a problem. Its rather an "added value".

Even real forts were often rebuild, buildings and walls added.

So this is a fort with a long and rich history that has been adapted to the needs of each time-period.

When cannons and ships got more powerful, a part was rebuild to protect the fort because of these changed conditions.

Once, again, recall that there is several other sections that will be attached as well!

Thanks, for the support boney, but I think that since I am a bigger fan of "cool factor", I should do something to update its look a little bit.

I hope so! Now I just wonder if the rest of harbor is going to seem... well... "blah" heh. Well I am planning on adding a small fortress like section to the other side as well, so hopefully it will all look good.

Maybe just move the portion that you've just replaced to the other side :)

Well I thought about running the roof at that same angle, except with the two sides meeting in the middle like it does on the tower, it just didn't really work, it looked too stubby. I left the angles but then changed the fron facing to match the rest of the fortress

Oh i see, it looks a lot better now with the large roof in the back where it connects to the harbor.

What part was your favorite part?

I think he was talking about all of your fort is his favorite part X-D

P