Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Great to have you in Mitgardia, mkjosha and Escape the Fate :thumbup:

@kabel: I have another landscape build I'll post today :classic:

Mitgardians, time to get building:

Age of Mitgardia

In need of inspiration or do you just like to collect titles or even tags. Than this free-build-challenge is just perfect for you:

Show your skills in making a moc that evolves through time. Simple examples are added. There are four categories, each divided into subcategories. The subcategories are divived into three phases in which you show how your moc evolves, just as in the game AoE. So that means, for each subcategory you'll have to make three mocs!

If you complete a category or subcategory you'll earn the title that comes with it. And when you have collected all titles, you'll be rewarded with this beauty: 9555709697_1455b0e304_o.png

Military: completed all subcategories, earned title: Rigr(commander of 100 men)

Archery: 1st Phase; field with archery target. 2nd Phase; archery range. 3rd Phase; school of archers, maybe barrack style. Earned title: Eagle Eyed Danger

Barrack: 1st Phase; sparring. 2nd Phase; training grounds. 3rd Phase; full barrack. Earned title: Frost Berserker

Stables: 1st Phase; horse rider. 2nd Phase; stable. 3rd Phase; fortified stables. Earned title: Shadow Rider

Agriculture: completed all subcategories, earned title: Agrarian

Mills: 1st Phase; horse mill. 2nd Phase, water mill. 3rd Phase windmill. Earned title: Miller

Farm: 1st Phase; villager with just a garden. 2nd Phase; field with crops. 3rd Phase; farm with field, animals etc. Earned title: Farmer

Storehouse: 1st Phase; simple cabin. 2nd Phase; medium storehouse. 3rd phase, large storehouse. Earned title: Manager

Town: completed all subcategories, earned title: Lord Mayor

House: 1st Phase; hut. 2nd Phase, small house. 3rd Phase, large house. Earned titles: Gentlefolk

Inn: 1st Phase; ale seller. 2nd Phase: beer garden. 3rd Phase; completed inn. Earned title: Innkeeper

Store: 1st Phase; market cart. 2nd Phase; market stall. 3rd Phase; store. Earned title: Vendour

Defenses: completed all subcategories: Strategic Heavy Weight

Tower: 1st Phase, outpost. 2nd Phase, wooden tower. 3rd Phase stone tower. Erned title: Watchmen

Walls: 1st Phase, fencing. 2nd Phase, wooden wall. 3rd Ptone wall: Earned title: Protector

Gatehouse: 1st Phase, simple gate. 2nd Phase, defended gate. 3rd Phase Gatehouse(with oil, archers etc.) Erned title: Gatekeeper

Me and my brother (Sigolf Brimabane) always build together... Can we participate in that freebuild challenge with MOCs built by the two of us? Or do we have to make a build each for all of the phases etc.?

Some nice titles there, Ecc!

I'll try to build for a few of these sometime soon :classic:

Ecc, very good idea for a challenge! Well thought out framework. I like it. That's the thing about you Mitgardians -- you're well organized.

One question concerning the new building challenges: should we just add on to each scene for the next phase or do completely new builds?

For example: if I'm doing the Military Archery category and build a field with archery target, should I keep that together then add on to the base and add more targets etc., or just build a completely new build?

EDIT:

And here's my free build, Mitgardian Hunters:

overview.jpg

Edited by soccerkid6

This is really great eccs, and really wonder how much time it will take sk earn the tag ...

Mmm, lovin' that tag! Let me get building! :wink:

EDIT: New build!

dscn0873.jpg

Edited by Infernum

Here is my entry for the barracks, I'm not sure if I should make a new topic or not but so Ill just post it here for now.

Barracks Phase 1

Barracks%2Bphase1.jpg

So, just to clarify, we have to build the subcategories, but not the given examples?

So, just to clarify, we have to build the subcategories, but not the given examples?

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to build what it says by the "phase".

I'm not sure if I should make a new topic or not but so Ill just post it here for now.

I don't know, maybe we should give its own collective topic, just like the community build. What's the big boss think?

I've built my 'sparring' build for the 'barracks' subcategory. Where do I post it?

Simple examples are added

I don't know. I don't think we HAVE to use the examples. :look:

I've built my 'sparring' build for the 'barracks' subcategory. Where do I post it?

Go ahead and post it here for now unless someone tells you differently,

Me and my brother (Sigolf Brimabane) always build together... Can we participate in that freebuild challenge with MOCs built by the two of us? Or do we have to make a build each for all of the phases etc.?

You can work together but have to submit different entries.

One question concerning the new building challenges: should we just add on to each scene for the next phase or do completely new builds?

For example: if I'm doing the Military Archery category and build a field with archery target, should I keep that together then add on to the base and add more targets etc., or just build a completely new build?

It should be a new build for the most part, but it's no problem if you're using the phase 1 build in the phase 2 build.

I love the Idea of the competition, we post the finished ones here, right?

Just like the landscape builds, in a separete thread and a photo in the AoM thread so I'll be able to make an overview.

Nope, they are just examples.

I don't know, maybe we should give its own collective topic, just like the community build. What's the big boss think?

Done: AoM

Thanks for all the answers Ecc :thumbup: They clear everything up nicely :classic:

Yes they do! Anyone got ideas for the second phase of the Barracks? :grin: . I really have no idea about medieval barracks.

Yes they do! Anyone got ideas for the second phase of the Barracks? :grin: . I really have no idea about medieval barracks.

Mine is finished, :laugh:, I just used the example given and went from there.

Mine is finished, :laugh:, I just used the example given and went from there.

I think I might do that. I already finished my first build using the example.

I (think I) read someplace that tags need to be equally available, nto exclusive, sure you might need to win them or something, but who can compete cant be filtered.

that being said, may other guilds join in? not that I will, this is complete curiousity :laugh:

I (think I) read someplace that tags need to be equally available, nto exclusive, sure you might need to win them or something, but who can compete cant be filtered.

that being said, may other guilds join in? not that I will, this is complete curiousity :laugh:

Well everyone had an equal chance to switch to Mitgardia at the beginning of Book II. :tongue: