snaillad

Barrie's Department Store

Hi everyone,

Here is my latest build, Barrie's department store. It was inspired by a department store in my home city of Newcastle Upon-Tyne. I wanted to do a long building with a high window display and build something on a large scale.

It comes with a fully furnished interior on 4 floors which consist of a food hall, home furniture, ladies wear and a restaurant on the top floor.

I added a 1930's streamlined 'balloon' design tram to the street scene even if these were not found in Newcastle at that time but it was fun to build :laugh:

Here's a few exterior and interior shots;

9497280378_8ce2a22bbe_c.jpg

9497318554_9f7e2ab60a_c.jpg

9497574448_79c2f533ea_c.jpg

9497401648_26f64027b2_c.jpg

9497470140_138f8b5cb3_c.jpg

9494747877_32a79f61cd_c.jpg

9494385413_447b163d1e_z.jpg

More pictures can be found on my flickr here http://www.flickr.co...s/52656812@N04/

Comments welcomed as always!

Beautiful building. I love the streetcar and the Christmas display window. I'd love a better pic of the ceiling lamp to the right of the Christmas display, as what I can see looks quite brilliant.

Hey, really beautiful. I love the window with the bike and all the interior details. The streetcar is a wonderful touch as well. Frontpage, again!

Joe

Fantastic creation!

Everything looks perfect. The facade is striking and reminds me so much of northern city centers (I'm originally from Carlisle) I think my favorite pieces are the two ground floor areas at either side of the building. Although those two formal chairs in the center of the second floor also deserve praise.

Your MOCs are literally in a different league.

Stunning facade :wub: and equally beautiful interior!

*oh2* Wow! This is magnificent! Wonderful work! I love it ! :wub: I really like the exterior which is beautiful and the tramway, and the details in the inside of the building are really great ! :wub:

Wow. I'm speechless. This is unbelievably cool, and I will immediately steal every idea I can from it. Those overstuffed chairs will be first.

I was impressed by the facade and exterior details, but when I saw the interior I was extremely impressed *huh*

The details throughout are superb and I like your numerous furniture designs :thumbup:

Ditto, ditto, ditto...congratulations on a fine build! The hanging torsos for suit coats, shirts or blouses are fantastic! Wow!

Beautiful open back store 'snaillad'......the guy in the furniture department reminds me of......

.svINMAN_narrowweb__300x476,2.jpg

AWESOME designing......plus setting the bar higher for others to aim at......Brick On 'snaillad' ! :grin:

Wow! It's absolut incredible. Not only the outside and the whole scenery but also this great interior. Awesome!

This is just amazing! Both the interior and exterior. You managed to capture the 30's vibe in the decoration, furniture, clothing etc. Can't wait tot see your next project!

I cannot disagree with anything anyone has said- this is stunning and faultless.

P.S- I may need to steal your great furniture designs as I'm always looking for new ways to make them for myself/sister

i am a lego technics freak but this is just beautifull. Nice build

Same here. Just awesome job! Could be the next modular set if you ask me!

Wow .... just wow. That is awesome. I love the color scheme and the little shop stalls. I can watch these pictures all day.