ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

OK, Angeli's number of parts multiplied by amount of free time available must be about 100,000 times as much mine. And he's in a country with no LEGO store.

Haha, M.A.E.S.T.R.O. delivers in every part of the world :wink:

So when I said I would have background for the Brothers Corvensbane tomorrow I mean like 4 days. Such is life with tiny people in the house. Background and a quickie MOC below!

9904763006_8d5328c000.jpg

BrothersCorvensBaneSigFig-1 by Starlbirth, on Flickr

Background:

The brothers Corvensbane grew up in a small village that hugged the base of one of the Southern Rakath peaks. The loose collection of buildings and shacks was known colloquially as "The Foot." Initially named for being located near the southern tip of the Rakath range, the name stuck due to the sulfuric stench that permeates the town. The Foot may have smelled like death, but it was home for the brothers.

Hanvas can fondly remember evenings spent in the village tavern, sitting by his Father's side and listening to the ravings of the day's stream of Orcs, Drow or even worse, the Ravens. Their harsh language filled with clicks and guttural noises never failed to raise his hackles. Dathor existed in the periphery and preferred the quiet of an alcove with a window to the noise and movement of the main-hall. Younger than Hanvas by less than a year, Dathor was more than a head taller than his brother.

Their bleak, but peaceful existence came to an abrupt end the day the Zugal tribe razed most of the village. Dawn brought the foul flock as they swept down the mountainside. The boys learned from an early age the words of those that live along the base of the Rakath, "Death comes from above." This morning was no different. The oppressive air pulsed with the beat of Death's heart.

That sound and the faces of the Zugal's triumvirate vanguard smiling death down upon the village: Rokkar, Korrak and Marroth.

Present Day:

The brothers are unrecognizable as the two boys who disappeared in the massacre nearly 5 years ago. Hanvas no longer wears his easy smile, he avoids the light and the questioning eyes of the people. Those who have managed to pierce the shadows of his cloak whisper of the Burnt Face.

Dathor could be mistaken for his father, or maybe his father's corpse. His eyes are colder and more full of malice than Mitgardia's Bay of Storms. He cloaks himself in the wings of his fallen enemies, tattered and rotting. His weapon, the Reaper's scythe.

Dathor's voice echoes off the low slung buildings of one of the many shifting shanty towns surrounding Port Wrath. "Lord Ssilyrrlith sends a message to those who aid the Spire. Death comes from ME!"

Let the civil war begin!

Dathor Earns His Wings:

9902853766_70d6b86a75_c.jpg

TheThirdBrother-1 by Starlbirth, on Flickr

This was just a small MOC I threw together a couple of nights ago. Finally got around to photographing it today. And and all CC is appreciated. FYI The 1x1 round trans clear pieces were darkened in Lightroom wanted it to look like Hanvas was floating not standing on a pillar of ice. :laugh:

I'd love any constructive criticism you guys have! Also are there any unofficial guidelines about what should be posted here vs posted in the main Historica thread? Would I post something like this (I would call this more of a brick-doodle than a MOC) in the main thread or just in here?

Now I need to hurry and come up with an idea for a tribe! Do tribes have to be formed on racial lines or can tribes form due to other factors like economic interdependence?

He was banned for not following site guidelines. It had nothing to do with his activities in GoH. That is all anyone can say.

Yeah I'm working on my second tribe, and ideas for my next free build. I'm also working and volunteering, so it's getting tricky to find Lego time, but I'm fitting it in!

It definitely is quiet in here- I hope it's the calm before the storm!

I have been MOCing the prelude for the challenge. It's been hard with baby around. Plus there is that MOC I have to keep hidden until the rest of you NB suckers get it in gear.

I have been MOCing the prelude for the challenge. It's been hard with baby around. Plus there is that MOC I have to keep hidden until the rest of you NB suckers get it in gear.

Ooh! Prelude builds are always the best! NB? Yo no comprendo...

Wait until you have to fight with the kid for the bricks you need! That's what I'm always doing now. "Hey, where'd the chains on my castle drawbridge go?" "I needed them so Yoda and Laval could chain up Lord Garmadon, Dad"

Wait until you have to fight with the kid for the bricks you need! That's what I'm always doing now. "Hey, where'd the chains on my castle drawbridge go?" "I needed them so Yoda and Laval could chain up Lord Garmadon, Dad"

:laugh::thumbup:

:pir_yoda: Pirate Yoda of Approval.

LD houses growing out of a DC style tower? I like it!

I've never thought about using hinges just for texture like that but they work very well :classic:

Edited by Gideon

Indeed, the little round bump of the hinge adds another nice variety of texture. Maybe that will be LD's thing, making walls from handles and hinges.

Don't worry Z as soon as this show is over I will crack on with my build. Not sure about the rest of NB and where they are with stuff.

Well I have the pictures done. I just don't want it to look like I have built NOTHING since the baby arrived. Holding isn't a big deal, just need to find time to build these intro MOCs ASAP so challenge 1 can start.

I'm mocing my Undead Black Falcons. keep getting sidetracked whilst talking to CBB! My pics will be up on Monday evening just in time for the deadline.

Raiding from the Siccus Badlands come forth the Black Crows. Undead Soliders dragged back from death and dishonour to the bidding of their new Master, Tarquin The Mad, Maester of Crows. Led into combat by their Lord (known only as the Brutal-ist) they are a formidable force of fighters who give no quarter.

Drinking from the Cauldron of Blood or baptising prisoners in it by drowning them to boost their numbers, they know nothing but evil.

Short description:

Tarquin the Mad - Maester of Crows.

The Brutal-ist - Leader

Caleb Vannoir - Champion

Black Bob - The Headsman

Black Crows x3 - Henchman standards, Archer, Spearman, Footman

MOC - A Murder of Black Crows

In the ruins of a small outpost the Black Crows prepare for violence.

I've been building for the Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka this past month and am looking for a way to work with my castle minifigs. This seems like a really good place to do it, but I was wondering if these will be similar in contest rules? I don't have a lot of tree pieces, white pieces, or tan pieces so that leaves me with Nocturnus. However, I'm still on the fence about joining GoH since I wouldn't be able to put as much time into it as I have for SoNE. Anyone want to convince me why I should join and what the best way to go about starting would be? (Besides making a sig-fig and race)

@Starlbirth, at the moment, the base is a little colourful- it detracts from the wolves as they aren't colourful themselves. I'd use the lime green as an accent, in small amounts, and make the base predominantly brown. I do like your tall white mushrooms though, I'm tempted to do a mushroom forest now!

@mkjosha it's slightly different to SoNE. There's no limit on free builds- as many as you want. Builds don't level you up- there's no personal gain in universe, unlike SoNE, but builds help you earn gold for your guild. Story Challenges (as opposed to the guild specific Challenges such as the Nocturnus Tribes) are split into different categories to allow people with differing sizes of collections to compete. The guys who run it have the benefit of experience, so they've made improvements for book 2- SoNE's in its infancy, plenty of bugs. There's also more of a community over here- from browsing the SoNE forums, it's a bit sparse and intermittent. There's always people around here. Lastly, it doesn't particularly matter what bricks you have, the new challenges are going to allow you to build in any guild (although you have to belong to a single guild), so there's scope for Avalonian forests, Mitgardian mountains, Kaliphlin bazaars, and Nocturnian swamps and all manner of others. Starting wise, make sure you're comfortable with joining Nocty, then sig-fig, make a tribe (assuming you decide to stay in Nocty, and this tribe doesn't have to be related to your sig fig, the challenge is about expanding the background more than anything), and hen MOC away! I hope that helps a little, I think I've got the major points down! Also, we have Enchanted Pumpkin Pie!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Mkjosha -

The type of bricks you own can make a difference on your guild choice but the main question is usually where you'll feel comfortable building. Avalonia has plains and islands in addition to forests, Kaliphlin has grey castles and verdant jungles, Some Mitgardians never use white since they live in the southern foothills. Nocturnus has the most variety, but ask yourself which environment you will enjoy building in.

cake, coffee, supertramp and some free time, im staring my tribe now