ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I've dug through a whole lot of pages, but I finally found it! :grin:

@-Sunder- describes it in his story of Remington Rot:

There's so many (Nocty) places that I'd like to build in, someday...

You are a better man than me to go dig that out lol.

We here in Nocty are pretty fast and loose with "claiming" land. Stuff usually only gets added to the map once it/the Guildmember reaches a certain (ambiguous) level of something (I hesitate to say seniority, or importance, as we don't really have ranks, but it's more based on quality of contribution/time as a Nocturnian/Guilder). If you want a city/settlement, you can request it, but it tends to be fairly important as a settlement (most of those on the map are either from the original Nocty members, or the current Nocturnian Resistance.

Thanks for the info, and welcome!

Maybe i chose the wrong word, when i wrote "claim". Just want to settle somewhere. So, I would like to write my sigfig's backstory, and i would like to know is anyone/ any tribe/ other being living on that eastern island what i circled with red on the map? As far as you know.

I hope i can present my sigfig tomorrow.

Edited by Lazer

58 minutes ago, Lazer said:

Thanks for the info, and welcome!

Maybe i chose the wrong word, when i wrote "claim". Just want to settle somewhere. So, I would like to write my sigfig's backstory, and i would like to know is anyone/ any tribe/ other being living on that eastern island what i circled with red on the map? As far as you know.

I hope i can present my sigfig tomorrow.

No one is living there so you can build a settlement there if you'd like. 

Edited by Blufiji

Finally! The Rock has come back to Nocturnus!

I mean, i would like to present my sigfig. :classic:

His name is Gutkeled the Tangled, as known as Gutkeled the Lost. He holds the Book of Bane, and his weapon is The Fatespinner. I will write a short backstory later.

38252142212_4516732c11_z.jpgIMG_20161216_130445 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

37573203514_9342e36552_z.jpgIMG_20161224_113542 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

His companion is Lady Asibikaashi, the Queen of Spiders.

26508419809_369be0f0d1_z.jpgIMG_20161216_123621 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

38283902561_0074b3a62f_z.jpgIMG_20161216_123320 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

More pictures in my Flickr album.

Edited by MaasEffekt
Updating image links.

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Blufiji said:

No one is living there so you can build a settlement there if you'd like. 

Better say: it is yet unknown what lurks deep in the shadows of that forest. 

@Lazer it is now up to you to discover and tell us what is happening there. Vlad has summarized it pretty well; just look at the Avalonian map, there's not much space left for new members. All to often new people make big plans to build huge cities and castles and have to discover that lego is a extremely time and money consuming hobby. And often there's a lack of motivation. So we are careful about the map and give people time to experiment and learn their lessons about building. I mean it can be a huge pressure to claim something and then feeling the need to deliver. 

So if somebody puts a lot of effort into his settlement/home region and seems to stay for long we'll make sure to put it on the map.

Your figs are looking great! I'm looking forward to your introduction. I think we didn't have seen a drider so far.

6 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

Better say: it is yet unknown what lurks deep in the shadows of that forest. 

@Lazer it is now up to you to discover and tell us what is happening there. Vlad has summarized it pretty well; just look at the Avalonian map, there's not much space left for new members. All to often new people make big plans to build huge cities and castles and have to discover that lego is a extremely time and money consuming hobby. And often there's a lack of motivation. So we are careful about the map and give people time to experiment and learn their lessons about building. I mean it can be a huge pressure to claim something and then feeling the need to deliver. 

So if somebody puts a lot of effort into his settlement/home region and seems to stay for long we'll make sure to put it on the map.

Your figs are looking great! I'm looking forward to your introduction. I think we didn't have seen a drider so far.

Hahaha..I did say NO ONE lives there, I didn't say NOTHING lives there..the island is a dark place. Move there at your own risk Lazer.

Also Lazer: Great characters!

Great sigfig, @Lazer!  Looking forward to your backstory!

9 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

Some movement.

Next prelude up:

Huntress Lodge

Wow! :thumbup: Oh, I really need to catch up on the preludes...

Anyway, as promised, I delivered a build and Exetrius Saga episode: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/144720-the-exetrius-saga-12-the-ranks-are-out/ :classic:

Prelude Wyvern Welp Swamp

Prelude Desert King Tournament

There are two preludes (one of which is already written and waiting to go) before the challenge announcement...I would expect the announcement for the challenge will go live around Jan 1.

Good news on that front- since I have been so slow with getting the challenge up (only about 60% my fault ;) ) I will atone by dipping into my prize closet.

Boxed Hobbit and recent Castle set prizes on the line!

I have not forgotten about the Pie contest either.  Judging is underway and trophies are being built as we speak!

I'm soooooo looking forward to the challenge, and the additional prizes only add to that! :thumbup: 

We have the return of the custom Orcs from Book I, some Hobbit sets that are now retired and even a chance to create the official lore of Histotica!  

I hope you guys are ready.

Looking forward to the next few preludes, and can't wait for the challenge! I should be back home just in time, and with a few new additions to my collection to help :sweet:

Hello!

I made my first GoH MOC. You can check it out here.

I have got some new pictures.

Gutkeled's parents Leofflæd Mildþryð & Leifr Bragason.:

38252141062_7ce2e2f0bf_z.jpgIMG_20161224_145537 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

His new companion Cailleach Bheur.:

37573203214_b5eff38f24_z.jpgIMG_20161224_115250 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

37573203424_e022b28247_z.jpgIMG_20161224_114938 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

The trio:

37573203084_e2f0f69954_z.jpgIMG_20161224_115827 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

Edited by MaasEffekt
Updating image links.

Final Prelude up...

Challenge V announcement soon... did I mention there would be some prizes?  Pretty sure I did...

I figured, I would say hi to you guys, I'm not able to build, (because of being in the military) but I every so often still check Eurobricks, Happy New years guys.

Happy New Year!

I have a question! Do I have to register my MOC in the free build registration topic? I am not quite sure.

Edited by Lazer

Best wishes for 2017, guys! :classic:

3 hours ago, Lazer said:

I have a question! Do I have to register my MOC in the free build registration topic? I am not quite sure.

You do not have to, but it's always nice to have some extra links to your creations, isn't it? :wink:

Hello!

I would like to build some kind of building in Nocturnus, and i would like to ask for advice about colors!

I checked out some colors, and that their prices usually not too high on BL, but not quite sure that they would look good together. I need some color combos!

I like sand green for example, but Avalonians use that, so i skipped that one.

So these are the colors i like/ would like to work with in my Nocturnian buildings/ MOCs.:

Lime, Olive, Orange, Dark Brown, Reddish Brown, maybe dark red, but if you have a totally different suggestion, i am open to that as well.

For example, do you think that lime would go well with orange in a building? A little cabin in the swamp or something. Or both of them too bright? Not natural? Can we speak of natural in a dark fantasy world? Maybe Lime and Reddish Brown? Olive and Reddish Brown?

Thanks in advance!