Dragonator

Heroica RPG 2nd Anniversary Building Contest - Rules and Discussion

Dwarves are actually pretty underdeveloped in Heroica! As of now, I'd say go to town. Dwarves have been portrayed very much in their classical sense (miners, short, beards), but not much else has been done with them, actually. :thumbup:

Waterbrick Down has done some work on them for an upcoming Quest as well, those interested may want to ask him about it. :wink:

You could have a look in the Heroica Library to find out what Gods are worshipped. You'll find a map with places as well. Other players will be able to tell you where worshippers of a specific god live.

MOC is photographed! I haven't built one in about 3 years, so I'm curious to see what y'all think.

A few questions, so I'm not in trouble:

1) The MOC doesn't need minifigures, does it? It doesn't say in the rules that it does, just want to be sure.

2) We are allowed 3 pictures, correct? And no link to an external site/thread. We ARE, however, allowed to post the creation in a different thread in the (probably) History Forum, right? To receive feedback on it there? Just so long as we don't link the two... or should that be saved for after the contest?

MOC is photographed! I haven't built one in about 3 years, so I'm curious to see what y'all think.

1) The MOC doesn't need minifigures, does it? It doesn't say in the rules that it does, just want to be sure.

2) We are allowed 3 pictures, correct? And no link to an external site/thread. We ARE, however, allowed to post the creation in a different thread in the (probably) History Forum, right? To receive feedback on it there? Just so long as we don't link the two... or should that be saved for after the contest?

1) Well if I was to guess judging by the rules Id say minifigures are up to you.

2) Just post up the 3 pictures for now, and when the competition is over then you can post more pictures of your creation in a new topic, just to be on the safe side.

My MOC is pretty bad compared to the rest if I was tbh, although the lighting doesnt look too brilliant on those updated pictures, they look brighter on the camera than they do on here. :classic:

Btw great job guys, the entries (except mine) are looking fantastic, good luck to all and I look forward to seeing more entries.

Orcish War Chief Cornelius

:laugh: It's even funnier when you consider how unlikely that is to be an orcish name.

:laugh::wub: Maybe he's Cronk's great-grandpa?

I haven't built a MOC in three years. It was fun to do again, though I had to do it in only two nights while still cleaning up. :shrug_oh_well: It was good fun, thanks for the motivation, Draggy.

Great one, Wedge09. Fortaan! :wub: Too bad only 32 x 32 is allowed.

Edited by Palathadric

Thanks a lot Palathadric, I'm really happy that I don't disappoint your expectations :thumbup: even having more space I wouldn't be able to do more for now (my reserve of pieces is limited (for now)) :grin:

Edited by Wedge09

Really like what I've seen so far, great work guys! Etzel's will take some beating though, such a clean, precise build as always. I do like that Fortaan though Wedge. I am just about to post mine.

Agreed! Great work with the canal and waterfall, I really like that idea. Your ruins are very well done as well, it easily gives the feeling of a once powerful city that has been abandoned for many years.

Really like what I've seen so far, great work guys! Etzel's will take some beating though, such a clean, precise build as always. I do like that Fortaan though Wedge. I am just about to post mine.

Thanks Rumble! I really like your entry as well. Cool idea to take the opportunity to give us some more background of Tarn. :thumbup:

Thanks Rumble, I like your entry in paricular the shot where you see the young helped by the old man.

Agreed! Great work with the canal and waterfall, I really like that idea. Your ruins are very well done as well, it easily gives the feeling of a once powerful city that has been abandoned for many years.

Thanks a lot Etzel, I'm really happy that I don't disappoint your expectations too. :sweet:

Yeah, the quality of the entries so far has been all-around awesome. :thumbup:

Im loving the entries so far, especially all of the great techniques used and the scenerys look stunning, all of them par mine are superb so far, keep them coming and good luck guys :classic:

-Amazing entry all together Etzel, well done

-Liking the rock work Balthazar

-Great MOC Zepher, I cant believe you went so long without building a MOC

-Wonderful creation altogether Wedge09 and some great techniques used

-Really nice MOC altogether Rumble Strike, really nice trees and house have been made here and the fire just adds more to it

Great work guys :classic:

Really great, Rumble! Especially the front tree with the cart (general area). :classic:

It certainly will take something incredible to beat Etzel's, though. :wub:

I probably should start building, shouldn't I? :blush:

Great entries so far everyone, keep them coming! :thumbup:

1) Minifigures are not required, no, it can be a location.

2) Best to wait until after the contest is finished to post a separate thread on EB I would think. You are welcome to seek feedback elsewhere if you wish, you are allowed to edit your entry right up until the end of the contest!

My entry is up, might do a reshoot if time allows. Hope you like.