ZCerberus

ANNOUNCING: Guilds of Historica Book II: The Civil War

It feels like you are our little students who have completed GoH school! Now you are two of the best builders in the forum! I´m so proud! :classic:

It's almost like being at Hogwarts!

A got a question that needs clarification. Is Historica just the name of the continent the four guilds are on? And if so, what is the name of the world?

Thats a good question!...... Z???????

If I may, The Lego Universe game took place on a planet called Crux. It has a cube shape, but who in Historica would know at this point? We can tie into the Lego canon without having it take over Historica (I'm on a mission to tie in Lego themes to the best of my ability. What can I say?).

Seeing as Historica is for the good members of EB, maybe they should all have a chance to name it. A poll maybe?

I thought that classic castle´s continent was in the same world aswell? Do they have a name for the world?

I thought that classic castle´s continent was in the same world aswell? Do they have a name for the world?

I think some members have treated it that way, but I'm not sure if that's really offically true. But I don't think they have a name for their world.

Is it important what the name of the world is? Far more important is the upcoming danger we have to face in the, hopefully, soon starting challenges.

I guess I always viewed Historica as the name of the continent as well, but I never really thought of it.

As it stands, there is this big world with different continents. Our current GOH is set on the continent of Historica. Obviously LCC can then be said to be on another continent far across the sea.

A large land mass is known as a continent, so Historica is indeed a continent but a world can have many continents.

This also leaves things open for the future. As what if a future 'Book' was set on a new continent with 4 brand new guilds etc. Not that it will ever happen but it's nice to have the option if ever GOH need to be totally revamped.

So yes, Historica is a continent in a as yet 'unnamed' world.

So a name would be nice.

I know Eurbrikka is used in the SW forum already but I like that kind of name for our world.

Edited by Niku

I know Eurbrikka is used in the SW forum already but I like that kind of name for our world.

I quite like it too, but when I read it, it says "Star Wars" to me. I think it's the double-k in it, maybe "Eurbricka" instead? I know it's a minor change, but it works better for me. Just my two pence.

I quite like it too, but when I read it, it says "Star Wars" to me. I think it's the double-k in it, maybe "Eurbricka" instead? I know it's a minor change, but it works better for me. Just my two pence.

I mean I like it in the sense it relates to EB, but it could be anything else just like Historica suits us so well.

Skaforhirea? No?

I had always thought historica was the name of the continent also, but if Varlyrio is also in Historica, they are on a subcontinent or separate continent altogether I think.

So those of us who know what a continent is agree Historica is a continent.Varlyrio is obviously not cconnected to Historica. So we need a world name that just sounds good.

The Lost Lands

Mythtopia

Dumnonia(roman)

Who knows, but it's not something I can see getting sorted anytime soon. Getting all the members to settle on a name won't be easy. It would have to be done by a poll. Every member lists a name and then everyone votes.

Brickopia, Bricktopius

I'm not sure how well an official name for the world as most likely different lands will have their own name for it.

Honestly, I think that this whole discussion is kinda pointless. To me this was always earth, just with a different fantasy reality. Similar to ASOIAF. I never ask what sort of planet Westeres etc. are situated on, it's not important. The only thing I always wonder is why there are seasons that last for several years. But that's a different story.

As for Historica, I actually enjoy making up a world that seems similar to our own, yet is in some respects, totally different.

With regards to Varlyrio, we could actually have several options. Either it's an island situated on a mid-oceanic ridge, kinda like Iceland, or a small piece of contiental plate drifting on its own, sorta like the indian sub-continet before it slamed into the Eurasian plate (damn that Geography teacher in me :tongue: ). But that is for Mikey to decide!

However, I'm one of those who always asked for exploration, as I like to build ships. And DM actually went ahead to create some more continents, that are not part of the official cannon though. Maybe the core leaders should find a compromise there!

With regards to Varlyrio, we could actually have several options. Either it's an island situated on a mid-oceanic ridge, kinda like Iceland, or a small piece of contiental plate drifting on its own, sorta like the indian sub-continet before it slamed into the Eurasian plate (damn that Geography teacher in me :tongue: ). But that is for Mikey to decide!

However, I'm one of those who always asked for exploration, as I like to build ships. And DM actually went ahead to create some more continents, that are not part of the official cannon though. Maybe the core leaders should find a compromise there!

Geographically speaking, depending on the distance Varlyrio could be a sub-continent still, but since we don't have "micro-continents" on earth, I am not sure if there is an official term for something that much smaller than a continent (remember, according to NM's calculations, Historica is only about the size of France, so on its own it might not even qualify as a continent!)

I always thought of the primary land mass of Historica as a little smaller than Australia. I think of Historica as something like the United Kingdom, with the nation states under the umbrella of Historica. Varlyrio is a relative newcomer to the Historica Kingdom on a separate land mass. If Varlyrio's distance always is constant, then it may be on the same continental plate.

There are a few builders who have characters that come from outside of Historica. Damaximus is the most prolific in the use of non-Historica lands in his storylines. Varlyrio lies to the west of the joinable Guilds of Historica, whereas the lands Damaximus describes apparently lie to the east.

Edited by gedren_y