Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Do you think they will do Homer like a normal fig, or will he have some kind of 'attachment' like Bombur had with his beard/belly combo?

I donut know, maybe some doughnuts? :grin:

:laugh: I don't think that there will be a new donut piece but I reckon it could be a donut printed onto a 1x1 circle like they have done in the TMNT and Star Wars lines. There will definitely be reused pieces for some minifigure accessories such as perhaps the CMF police hat for chief wiggum and the old man hair for a few figures, but we may also re see some hazmat suit pieces if there is going to be a nuclear power station. Lets hope for leaked images for the minifigures from the 2014 retailers catalogue :classic:

Do you think they will do Homer like a normal fig, or will he have some kind of 'attachment' like Bombur had with his beard/belly combo?

I think something like the Sumo Wrestler will work.

-Sci

I think something like the Sumo Wrestler will work.

-Sci

Yeah, I see them doing a regular minifigure torso with some belly lines on it. He's not obese, just chubby.

Will Bart and Homer have a long sleeve shirt or a sleeveless shirt to represent a short-sleeved shirt?

-Sci

Will Bart and Homer have a long sleeve shirt or a sleeveless shirt to represent a short-sleeved shirt?

-Sci

If they don't wanna do printing I'm sure they'd do a long sleeve shirt, but if they do actually do printing, we'd most likely get printing of a sleeve on half the arm piece.

Moe's isn't gonna happen. :sadnew:

The set I want to happen the most (besides The Simpsons house) is Krusty Burger. If this theme does become popular, I'm sure we'd see a D2C Monorail, as that episode is considered one of the best by adult The Simpsons fans. :sweet:

There is only one thing that works against a Monorail set. Detroit. Few realize it, but the Simpsons Monorail episode was an astonishingly prophetic criticism of the City of Detroit (who attempted to revitalize themselves with a shady Monorail decades ago, instead of actually enacting sound fiscal policies.) A Lego set based on the downfall of Detroit, while incredibly cool (more Zombies please!) might be viewed as a tad tasteless or a bit too political.

Some elements have been released recently that could be produced in the sets or minifigures we will be getting. The saxophone from the cmf jazz player or the bald head piece from the grandad cmf are most likely to be used in the theme (Lisa's saxophone or mr burns headpiece)

I think this theme will be rather successful. I know many people that watch the Simpsons still and find it amusing (younger and adults) and when I told them off this theme, all we're very excited. Even a non fol friend of mine said he'd like a minifigure of homer! So there is certainly hope for this theme.

Also, I've read somewhere that the theme may be minifigures to start off with? Any ideas if this is true?

Gotta agree with you, Darth Caedus. At what point is Lego drawing the line when it comes to licensed themes?

Why do they need to draw a line?

I wonder if this licensed line will be yellow or fleshie, I hope for yellow figs though. If its anything like TMNT, you will probably need to buy five sets to get the whole family. I would be most hopeful of an D2C large set as well.

Some interesting head moods are definitely needed in order to bring he realism.

I'm confused as to why people even think they'll be fleshies. They'll be yellow. :wacko:

-Sci

When I told my girlfriend about this (who couldn't care less about Lego), the first set she said that should be produced is the Springfield Monorail. I know it's only one non-AFOL, but that's good enough for me. Make it happen.

Just please stick to seasons 1-10.

Meh. I liked the Simpsons when I was younger but I stopped watching the show a long time ago.

I feel like it's a bit late for this. The Simpsons were a lot more popular in the late 90's and early 2000's. Also not sure which demographic group will be the main target here. I have the impression most kids nowadays don't really care about the series while most adults prefer earlier episodes and pretty much moved on and turned to other shows.

Just please stick to seasons 1-10.

I think they'll do some general stuff at first, and not episode centric stuff unless it gets popular. They should do some nods to episodes, like having the "Do It For Her" bulletin in a Nuclear Power Plant set. Or, maybe even a nod to the movie, with Spider-Pig in a house set. And, if they did have a Flanders-themed set, they might go with the newer seasons storyline and have Mrs. Krabappel in it.

I thought you were gonna do the missiles on Weathertop. :tongue:

Or the Jabba's Palace missile. :laugh:

Yeah, I think they'll just go for the most iconic places and vehicles (like the Kwik-E-Mart, Moe's Tavern, Otto's bus and of course the Simpsons' house and car). There are way too many episodes to make episode-specific stuff.

My wish list for first year Simpsons release:

1. Simpson house with Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie, plus SLH and SB2

2. SNPP with Muu Muu Homer and Mr Burns

3. School bus with Otto and Ralphy

4. Canyonero

5. Moe's Tavern with Moe, Lenny, and Carl (not sure how this could be exempted from the no drinking establishment rule for LEGO)

6. Bart's Treehouse with Milhouse

7. Barney's Bowlorama with Barney

8. Police car with Chief Wiggum

9. Ned Flanders with Rod and Todd (as an accessory or polybag)

10. Last but not least... Quik-E-Mart with Apu

Ideas for second year release:

1. Krusty Burger with Krusty and Squeeky voice teen

2. Lard Lad Donut with Officer Lou and Eddie

3. Town Hall with Mayor Quimby

4. Town square with Jebediah stature and Jimbo, Kerny, Dolph and Nelson

5. SES with Skinner, Krabappble, and assorted kids

6. Simpsons family car

7. Retirement castle with Grandpa and Jasper

8. Mr Plow and Plow King

9. Monorail!

10. Flander house with Maude

Edited by bzcat

Lets all hope for a.......

mono.jpg

That might keep the train folks help to get one after all these years ! :laugh:

Monorail, monorail, monorail, monorail...

If anything, I'd like to see a Sideshow Bob minifig.

But the monorail is a good idea as well.

MONORAAAAAAIL! MONORAAAAAIL! MONORAIL!

There's no eeeeeeeend to the possibilties!

And if the pilot linup is a succes, it would be an awesome opportunity for the rebirth of the Lego Monorail. There's just so many aspects of the two worlds that compliments each other.