Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Here's my guesses for some possible sets:

-Evergreen terrace, £40-£50, might include the Simpson family excluding abe, but it could have the animals

-Nuclear power plant, £70-£80, might include Mr burns, Smithers, Homer, and 2 hazmat workers

-The Kwik e Mart, £20-£30, might include Apu, frozen pensioner (I think he's called jasper), Bart, squishe girl and Milhouse

-Moes tavern, £30-£40, might include Lenny, Carl, Moe, Homer, Duff man and Barney (Im not sure this could be done because of the alcohol reference, but then again the target audience is slightly different)

-Police station, £35, might include Chief wiggum, his 2 other officer companions and snake with his sports car

-Springfield Elementary, £60, might include Principal skinner, Miss crabapple, Lisa, Lunch lady, School bullies (Jimbo & kerney) and Martin

-Willies shack, £12.99, might include Groundskeeper willy and Bart

-Comic book store, £25, Might include Comic book guy, Milhouse and Bart

-Movie shoot, £15, might include radioactive man (Reineir Wolfcastle), fallout boy and a director, with functions such as exploding barrels etc

-Springfield church, £35, might include the Reverend, Ned Flanders, Flanders kids x2, marge and maggie in church outfit (Im not sure if this could be done because if I remember rightly lego won't do much with religious references although itd be good)

-Springfield observatory, £20, might include Professor Frink, Lisa and Nelson

-Krusty burger, £25, might include Krusty the clown, cashier, sideshow mel, monkey and a customer

-Ottos bus, £35, might include otto, and school children x3

-Mobster showdown, £40, 2 cars and some obstacles, might include Fat tony, 2 of his cronies and Chief wiggum with a K-9

-Donut place, £30, might include giant donut boy mould figure holding a giant donut (like the troll in LOTR), cashier and a customer

-Flanders house, £40, might include Ned, his 2 children and maude

-Springfield cemetery, £20, might include Graveskeeper willie, frightened Lisa and maybe a skeleton

-Burns manor, £45, includes Mr burns, Smithers, security guard, burglar x2 and a release the hounds feature x4 dogs

There are still many more possibilities for Simpsons sets, but that is my 2 cents worth :-D (sorry for the super long list)

Lego, a privately held Danish company, has seen its sales soar in recent years after it started making series based on popular movies such as "Star Wars" and "Ninjago."

:grin:

I'll collect blind bags but can't see many AFOLs/TFOLs getting big sets...

Oh no, if they made sets, AFOLs would go CRAZY over them. They're gonna be based off of buildings most likely, so that would make them all the more cooler, and AFOLs LOVE stuff from their childhood. :grin:

Now I'm not sure about TFOLs, but TFOLs love customization, so I'm sure they would get the minifigures.

Things that *must* happen:

- Monorail.

- The Donut store with the giant guy holding the donut.

- Nuclear plant.

- Moe's

When I think of LEGO sets, I think of sets kids can "play with", that have some sort of "action" to it.

I can't think of many Simpsons sets that have that.

-Sci

Things that *must* happen:

- Monorail.

- The Donut store with the giant guy holding the donut.

- Nuclear plant.

- Moe's

Moe's isn't gonna happen. :sadnew:

The set I want to happen the most (besides The Simpsons house) is Krusty Burger. If this theme does become popular, I'm sure we'd see a D2C Monorail, as that episode is considered one of the best by adult The Simpsons fans. :sweet:

When I think of LEGO sets, I think of sets kids can "play with", that have some sort of "action" to it.

I can't think of many Simpsons sets that have that.

-Sci

Oh, sadly, they'll add some unnecessary ones. :wacko:

I don´t know how to feel. I love the Simpsons, but not the current Simpsons... I want to see Moe´s, a set with the nuclear safety room (and a plate with "Do it for her" :blush: ), the "Homer"....

Edited by hachiroku

This is a theme I'm going to pass on. I've always hated the Simpsons.

They still own the rights to the cinematic X-Men as well as the Fantastic Four, and with all the X-Men movies coming out as well as the Fantastic Four reboot I imagine it could be a possibility that those rights could be secured in the future.

Yeah, but LEGO already has toy rights for those characters as part of the Marvel Comics Universe; I really doubt they'd negotiate a separate license just to be able to have a (sub-)theme built around a condensed, alternate version of stories and characters they already have the rights to the original versions of. If they were to do sets based specifically upon those films, I'd imagine it'd be as an extension of their existing license from Marvel, rather than a wholly new one from Fox.

Back to The Simpsons... Hm. I think one likely set candidate actually might be the car Homer designed.

They said a small wave. So probably something like Spongebob gets. 2 or 3 sets at first. Not an all in massive theme. That could work. I can see a market fr smaller wave nostalgia properties ala BttF.

Edited by Faefrost

I bet we'll get lots of new accessory's with this theme!

Why? I can't think of anything in particular this theme would give us we havent alreay got..

Why? I can't think of anything in particular this theme would give us we havent alreay got..

I donut know, maybe some doughnuts? :grin:

Ugh. It's irritating to see sets based on those unfunny phallic yellow monstrosities. But it sets a precedent for inching Lego a bit further down the slippery slope from kidfriendly dullness to all-ages glory. So I say unsarcastically, Lego, please, sell out more.

Well I think lots of characters will need new hairpieces, we might get a baby mold and I think we'll get a new TV piece!

....Now the Simpsons is repetitive and nobody watches it.

Yeah it only averaged 5.4 million viewers an episode in season 24 and sometimes over 8 million. Nobody watches at all :sceptic:

Link

I am excited for this being a lifelong Simpsons fan. I agree that the great episodes were in the early years, but there have been some good ones recently - the show still makes me laugh albeit not as much as it used too.

It amuses me to see people jump all over this new saying they aren't relevant anymore. Well they must be somewhat relevant if TLG is going with it.....

Can't wait to see some set details. I assume there will be no Moe or his tavern, but their house and a couple cars would be great.

Excited to read comments in this thread - if it's anything like the last thread I'm in for a good chuckle with all the naysayers. :laugh:

Like the Spongebob, and the Turtles, I'd love a full set of the figures, but I can only think the sets may be a disappointment, roll on the pictures

What's really cool about this is that The Simpsons is nostalgic for many people, kinda like TMNT does. So even though some may think it doesn't get watched as much now, it's still the same characters, so it's gonna attract fans of the older episodes.

I will pass on this license which will help as I think there will be a good number of retro styled sets coming with The LEGO Movie.

Still I am trying to figure how they will incorporate the flick fired missiles with this license. Congrats to the The Simpsons fans that will enjoy these sets.

Perhaps Bart / Homer jumping some canyon on a skateboard will have enough action for the kids.

I really wish I stilled cared about the Simpsons. I might get the family minifigures just for Nostalgia but I haven't watched it regularly in like 15 years (yikes I'm old...). I've maybe seen 3 episodes in all that time.

Ugh. It's irritating to see sets based on those unfunny phallic yellow monstrosities. But it sets a precedent for inching Lego a bit further down the slippery slope from kidfriendly dullness to all-ages glory. So I say unsarcastically, Lego, please, sell out more.

Gotta agree with you, Darth Caedus. At what point is Lego drawing the line when it comes to licensed themes?

Interesting... Like others here I've never been a big Simpsons fan, so I can't say I'm too excited, but I might still get some sets for the figs and parts. If anything, this line should finally give us a Lego doughnut! :grin: Considering the low appeal of the Simpsons these days, it's smart of TLG to make this a small production run at first. Also, is this the first theme primarily aimed at adults? :look:

Also, is this the first theme primarily aimed at adults? :look:

I'd say Lord of the Rings has the same appeal as this. Both have the original works enjoyed usually by older teens/adults, but the sets will most likely be able to appeal to all ages.

Edited by just2good

I am big fan of Simpsons so that's great news for me. :sweet: I never undestood all that hate towards newer episodes of the show (but each to their own I suppose :sadnew: ).

Oh and as Homer would say "Woohoo!" :head_back:

It all depends on the sets as to how they appeal to children. Or, really, to most of us AFOLs. If we get accurate sets based on fan favorite locations, it'll at least be successful to fans of the show.

If they can manage to appeal to city builders with interesting builds and pieces like Lone Ranger did for Western fans, they'll do that much better.