Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Also i just realized, A lot of AFOLs complain about repetitiveness in set building, How many complaints are we going to hear when people spend $200 on a set and end up putting about 2000 almost identical tan bricks to make a large cube...

EDIT *Prism :blush:

Give me a $200 set with 2000 identical 2x4's and I will be happy to assemble it. Give me a $250 set with 2000 identical 1x1 plates and tiles and I will throw it away.

You know, Architecture sets are like that, more expensive than usual and with much more small parts than usual.

I'm guessing Maggie has a drill, from Lisa's Sax.

On the set itself, it looks cool, but the figures.. Simpsons Series 2-8 is my all time favourite show and I've watched each episode from that period many times over.. But.. I don't know if I'm into this..

It is definitely a must buy. It has a huge piece count too. You have 3 options with this one, love it buy it and display it; second one hate it buy it sell it when it retires for a huge profit; last one is hate it or rate it just buy it and use the parts (3rd option is highly dependent on price of this set but I assume that it won't be extremely expensive ( I have strong feeling that it will be at least cheaper than Tower of Orthanc) It has many cheap pieces, and there are not many special molds if we don't count the ugly heads. I will try to get two; one for me and one for investment.

Edited by kbcakir

I've got to say that the company has dropped the ball on this one. Who on earth are they targeting? There are only so many AFOLs that would not only want a Lego Simpsons product, but would then pay triple-figure sums for one. To add to that, they're paying all that money and receiving the most awkward minifigures ever made. I doubt many families could justify the expenditure either.

And boy that box art is deceiving. The house badly needs some form of baseplate included.

Edited by nesquik

the box art is meh, the simpsons in the cloud is too far of the actual lego logo

and yellow doesn't look nice at the yellow heads

Edited by larsyuipo

I am also unsure of this. It is quite large, but not super exciting. The tan is a useful color, but would be nice to have a new color. I'm still not sold on the figures. I considered getting the CMF because of useful accessories, but I am not in love with how they look. At over 2,500 pieces, this set won't come cheap. I think there are enough other exclusives I need/want that I wouldn't be able to afford this anyway. At probably close to $250 (like the sea cow) I don't see it as an easy purchase.

the box art is meh, the simpsons in the cloud is too far of the actual logo

I like the box art sans the logo cloud. It's the latest logo for new wave of 2014 The Simpsons merch though, so there's no way getting around that.

Wow. That's spot on for accuracy. It looks really nice. It'll be out of my price range, sadly, but it looks like the designers really did well with it.

I don't get all the hate fo the minifigs. They capture characters head shapes very well.

The set looks phenomenal :cry_happy:. Great minifigs and awesome looking house. :wub: They even add the car. I must get it no matter of the price.

Edited by Krulis

The figures look horrible but the set looks nice.

Ned's spatula is the one from Friends.

The One With the Spatula?

Maggie seems to have a drill piece, which I wish was a hammer (a la Itchy and Scratchy and Marge).

Nailgun, maybe?

Steve

I guess it looks alot better when u see it fully opened, because the box art on the front looks very plan and not wrth 2500 pieces.

It would have been better looking if they didnt make the plants all "2d"

and the garage looks too tall.

Edited by deskp

The house looks great. So do the adult minifigs. Maggie is ok. Bart and Lisa aren't.

The house looks great. So do the adult minifigs. Maggie is ok. Bart and Lisa aren't.

Bart and Lisa seems to suffer from the lazy eye prints more than the adults.

I must admit that I really like this set. A very big house with a lot of minifigures, good job here. I'm curious to see the inside of the basement. I'll take it as soon as it's on the shelves.

I must admit that I really like this set. A very big house with a lot of minifigures, good job here. I'm curious to see the inside of the basement. I'll take it as soon as it's on the shelves.

There's a basement?

-Sci

Well the palace cinema had 2200 pieces and managed to be $150, so I'm hoping since this is only three hundred pieces larger it'll be around $200. And somehow I just don't think Lego would put a $250 price tag on that, I mean this entire theme is a tough sell to begin with, another $50 would be pushing it pretty far.

Though I've been wrong before.

Personally I'm going to skip buying any of the sets simply because I don't have the money or the space to collect these sets. I will however buy the CMF series because I do love the Simpsons and I am excited to have them in lego form.

Personally I'm going to skip buying any of the sets simply because I don't have the money or the space to collect these sets. I will however buy the CMF series because I do love the Simpsons and I am excited to have them in lego form.

This is the only set and it's a D2C.

I think $250 for this is outrageous. They could easily have made it a $130 set and still have all the necessary details.

All I have to say about the set is PARTS!!!!

I'm thinking it will be somewhere between 175 and 200 USD. The most comparable set I can find is the Monster Fighters Haunted House at 180 USD. While it's part count is even smaller than the sets strangely mentioned, it has six figures, a side build, and lots of interior spaces and details. Add in the usual licensing mark-up and 200 USD is not an unreasonable top price point.

Why did lego make Bart, Homer, and Marge look so tired, it's kind of creepy. House looks interesting none the less. I like Simpsons but the idea of it being a lego theme is just... weird.