Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Possible set list

- Bart's Skate Trick about £10 incl. Bart, Milhouse

- Homer at the Control Panel about £20 incl. Homer, Mr. Burns, Smithers

- Lisa's Sax Performance about £30 Lisa, Marge, Sherri, Terri

- Springfield Shops about £50 Bart, cashier at Krusty Burger, Krusty, Apu, Nelson

- Simpson's House about £70 Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa, Maggie, Grandpa, Flanders, Santa's Little Helper

In a Danish Financial paper and in the national television webpage it is confirmed that LEGO will make Simpsons LEGO in 2014. Here is link:

http://www.dr.dk/Nyh...8/05/081330.htm

Looking forward to see what TLG will come up with.

Morten

lc7t.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ybvd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
added pictures and spoilered outdated info

Oh Gods, not this again, so they really are doing the Simpsons, this will either go really bad, or really weird, going to be fun either way for the AFOLs.

There was a discussion a couple of months ago around here about this but no one was sure if the license was for the Simpsons proper.

Guess now we know, thanks for the intel. Morten

I found the discussion I was talking about it's here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63339&st=225

Not sure what else one can say about this that hasn't been said there, let's wait and see, this might be a turning point, as big as the Lando fleshie Revolution.

Edited by CustomJoe_MD

I don't know if this is good news or not. I like the Simpsons but haven't really watched the last 5 seasons... I guess they will not have standard minifigure heads. I will surely buy a set or 2 but it will be collectorwise. As long as we get the Evergreen Terrace house or the Nuclear Power Plant. It will be appealing for licensed theme and regular theme fans since they're both yellow: new torsos for the regular MOC'ers, no harm done for the movie/tv-show/comic character collectors.

Since they are talking about a 2014 release, they should be ready by now... meaning a surprise for NYCC?

Holy smokes. I wouldn't have thought they'd be interested in this particular franchise; this shows how little I know.

Might anyone here be able to translate the article?

I loved The Simpsons in its early years, but haven't cared for it in a long time, yet as with any theme I can see myself getting at least some sets (certainly if there's one with Professor Frink I'll have to get it!).

Now, if only they'd do LEGO Futurama... :grin:

Now, if only they'd do LEGO Futurama... :grin:

Yeah that would be amazing. Sadly since it's been canceled (again!) it's unlikely we'll get those :sad:

Back on topic of the sets I don't really know what to think of them yet. Do you think "sets on a small scale" means small sets or a small amount of sets?

From Yahoo/AP

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — Want to build a new home for Homer or try out a new hairstyle for Marge?

Danish toy company Lego on Monday confirmed it will launch a special series themed on "The Simpsons" family globally in 2014.

Lego spokesman Roar Rude Trangbaek wouldn't give any details about what characters would be included, but said the company hopes the series will "appeal to fans of 'The Simpsons' family."

Lego, a privately held Danish company, has seen its sales soar in recent years after it started making series based on popular movies such as "Star Wars" and "Ninjago."

"The Simpsons" has been on the air for 22 years, becoming the longest-running American sitcom, the longest-running American animated program and a cultural phenomenon with colleges devoting courses to studying it.

I am thinking it will be a extension of the lame Lego Friends theme, a new theme with them having weird heads and Clone Wars-style eyes, or a new theme with tons of yellow bricks.

Lets all hope for a.......

mono.jpg

That might keep the train folks help to get one after all these years ! :laugh:

I look forward to Mo's and the Kwik-E-Mart ! :grin:

I am thinking it will be a extension of the lame Lego Friends theme, a new theme with them having weird heads and Clone Wars-style eyes, or a new theme with tons of yellow bricks.

Someone doesn't like Friend's there. :look:

Though true could the figures be like the Friend's ones or actual minifigs ? :wink:

Hopefully they are just doing this to open the door to get more licenses from Fox. This seems a bit weird, but for now I will remain optimistic and just believe LEGO knows what they are doing.

Here's something to think about.....Star Wars belonged once to 20th Century Fox and Lego Star Wars was and still is a cash cow for both them and Lego so why not Fox replace it with the Simpsons.....their most popular TV ever with almost as many fans I feel as Star Wars ? :wink:

I think this is cool. I don't watch the Simpsons too much anymore, but I think it will be nice to get new figures and accessories. The buildings would be very nice too, and may introduce many new or rare colors. Plus, they'll blend well with standard yellow minifigures!

Lets all hope for a.......

mono.jpg

That might keep the train folks help to get one after all these years ! :laugh:

I look forward to Mo's and the Kwik-E-Mart ! :grin:

I doubt anything will bring back monorail elements, alas, and even if they're doing The Simpsons I don't think LEGO would do a set of a bar. But the Kwik-E-Mart is probably a possibility.

Hopefully they are just doing this to open the door to get more licenses from Fox. This seems a bit weird, but for now I will remain optimistic and just believe LEGO knows what they are doing.

But how many things does Fox have that TLG would do? We already know Firefly / Serenity is out, and obviously Alien / Predator / Prometheus will never ever happen. Perhaps Avatar (the James Cameron one, not the Last Airbender one, though that was already a theme once)? What are other possibilities there?

Here's something to think about.....Star Wars belonged once to 20th Century Fox and Lego Star Wars was and still is a cash cow for both them and Lego so why not Fox replace it with the Simpsons.....their most popular TV ever with almost as many fans I feel as Star Wars ? :wink:

Fox once owned the copyright on the original movie itself, but never more than that; all the merchandising rights, sequels, ownership of the characters, name, etc. have always belonged to Lucasfilm.

This is somewhat good news. I don't watch the show, but I'll probably buy a few sets. Should be more interesting than the upcoming Family Guy KNEX...

-Sci

Seems a really odd move as the Simpsons isn't really an action themed licensed. Plus, with very little universally recognizable set ideas I'm not sure where they will go with it. I'm sure there will be a sofa set (with maybe only two main characters), possibly Moe's (if toned down from the alcohol theme), and maybe Homer's control area at the powerplant - but then where else could they go with sets?

But how many things does Fox have that TLG would do? We already know Firefly / Serenity is out, and obviously Alien / Predator / Prometheus will never ever happen. Perhaps Avatar (the James Cameron one, not the Last Airbender one, though that was already a theme once)? What are other possibilities there?

They still own the rights to the cinematic X-Men as well as the Fantastic Four, and with all the X-Men movies coming out as well as the Fantastic Four reboot I imagine it could be a possibility that those rights could be secured in the future.

Hmm...

Fleshies => Licensed IP

Yellow => Lego's own IP

Licensed figures with yellow skin... I was just getting used to SpongeBob.

I can't believe it.... I knew the rumor was probably true. Face it- almost all rumors are true. I think we'll see a very small blind bag line or a small set line for sets around $6-$13, like the Cars sets and some of the licensed smaller sets. I'm hoping this is successful though!

I knew it was true the minute K'Nex got Family Guy.

Since there has been confirmation, I'll change the title of this thread and it'll be the official discussion topic for the theme.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this theme. Time will tell if there's a market for it and if not, we'll at least get a few sets out of the deal.

Cool thing is that it's most likely coming in January 2014, as some people have claimed to see them in the catalog. Cooler thing? That means the retailer catalogs are out. :grin:

I am not sure I agree with "as many fans as Star Wars" I know quite a few fans of Star Wars that are not fans of the Simpsons but I can't think of any of the opposite offhand. Though this might be a factor in the circles I run in.

However, I can see how, if they make a nuclear power plant, or a monorail, it would appeal to folks who don't care much for the Simpsons aspect.