Sign in to follow this  
Sariel

Avengers Helicarrier

It's a boat! It's a plane! No, it's BOTH!

01.jpg

The vid:

Some reading and plenty of big, juicy photos: http://sariel.pl/201...rs-helicarrier/

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to talk about photos. See, I sometimes hear from certain people that I put too much post-processing into my photos and this is the only reason why my creations are popular. Because apparently I should be taking photos in a dark closet with some old cellphone. Now, I make my living as a professional graphic artist, and I was trying to explain that my post-processing is merely cosmetic and that I'm actually holding back. So, this time I decided to throw around some PHOTOSHOP RAMPAGE and show you what "extensive post-processing" really looks like. First 10 photos are the example, including these:

07.jpg

09.jpg

Edited by Sariel

No offence, but isn't this in the wrong section?

Model looks good, though, not too big for my personal taste, but big enough to offer details and reasonable size.

Will you be making a video?

Sorry, forgot to paste it. It's up there now.

No offence, but isn't this in the wrong section?

To my eyes it's a Model Team-styled body with Technic innards, so how come?

Edited by Sariel

Ah, forget it. I thought about that, but it appeared to be in the wrong section. Blame the eyes :laugh:

I love the studded exterior and the functions, it would make a great display model for any Lego fan! :thumbup: :thumbup: Is there any way to attach Iron Man to the rotor?

And i really wondering this thing can float water and move in water itself.

Is there any way to attach Iron Man to the rotor?

I can't think of any, and besides he's heavy compared to a rotor, would probably make it unstable.

And i really wondering this thing can float water and move in water itself.

As long as it's suspended it's perfectly possible to partially submerge it in water. Risky with all the electric parts inside, though.

Edited by Sariel

Sariel, you produce amazing models at a fast pace. I don't know how you do that, but I like almost everything you build.

And btw, good shopping on the pics. I think i'm a bit jealous. You do the work i would love to do, and have the same hobby, but at a much higher level. :blush:

Keep 'em coming!

Great micro scaled ship Sariel :thumbup: and also your Photo's are stunning and the action in the video are great too.

It's the overall looks and skills for your all your moc's that you are one of the greatest builers at the globe :thumbup:

I certainly appreciate your sense of humor.

oh, hmm i dont think i was joking, or maybe i was?

Nope, im serious, why not try to get a cuusoo version of it?

i want to see this as a set :)

oh, hmm i dont think i was joking, or maybe i was?

Nope, im serious, why not try to get a cuusoo version of it?

i want to see this as a set :)

LEGO would never produce a set like this, so submitting it to Cuusoo would not increase the chances of seeing such a set.

LEGO would never produce a set like this, so submitting it to Cuusoo would not increase the chances of seeing such a set.

why wouldnt they? is it to complex? to big? illegal ways in building?

LEGO already have the rights to the Avengers, so i dont see license to be a problem.

why wouldnt they? is it to complex? to big? illegal ways in building?

The harsh reality about the Cuusoo, which eludes many people, is this:

- no submission above 500 pieces was ever approved

- no submission with any motorized components, or almost any Technic pieces was ever approved

- vast majority of submissions is rejected on vague grounds, and even approval can mean we get something vastly different from the original submission (the DeLorean case)

Personally, I think Cuusoo is a "let's make the company look nice" PR effort rather than anything else.

As for this particular model, the mere fact that it uses micromotors is enough to get it instantly rejected.

Sorry if I sound sour, but I've had it up to my ears with Cuusoo. Too many people seem to think it's some magical wishing well that instantly turns anything into a Lego set waiting on a shelf in a shop next to you. I hear about Cuusoo every single time I show some model.

Edited by Sariel

The harsh reality about the Cuusoo, which eludes many people, is this:

- no submission above 500 pieces was ever approved

- no submission with any motorized components, or almost any Technic pieces was ever approved

- vast majority of submissions is rejected on vague grounds, and even approval can mean we get something vastly different from the original submission (the DeLorean case)

Personally, I think Cuusoo is a "let's make the company look nice" PR effort rather than anything else.

As for this particular model, the mere fact that it uses micromotors is enough to get it instantly rejected.

Sorry if I sound sour, but I've had it up to my ears with Cuusoo. Too many people seem to think it's some magical wishing well that instantly turns anything into a Lego set waiting on a shelf in a shop next to you. I hear about Cuusoo every single time I show some model.

Hah! you dont sound sour, what you said sounds realistic, now that i think about it. but in a way you make LEGO "the big evil company" when you say this, but in a way, i hear what you are saying and see the same problems with cuusoo.

i know how everyone says that you should make instructions and put it on cuusoo, so i understand that it must be boring to hear it over and over again.

But if you just stop being awesome when you build, i think people would stop asking those things ;)

but i think you will keep on making great builds, and hearing mor about instructions and cuusoo. :D

but hey, of all your builds, this one impressed me the most, its "simple" but very good looking, uses lots of LEGO parts, and not so much technic.

just AWESOME, keep up the good work.