Radmond_Barry

Ship of the Line, INVICTUS.

[pid][/pid] 152D

http://farm3.staticf...5fffee61d_k.jpg

YarRrRRRrr! pirates, this is Rad Draven (I would like to change my nickname here, does anybody how to do it?) and Im showing you my first big Moc.

It's a 66 gun ship of the line, dated between XVIII and XIX century. She has about 5.500 pieces and a weight around 6'5 kilograms. It took me 18 moths to complete it due to plenty of changes, modifications and construction problems that I had. The design is modular, you can check it on my flickr account.

Im still not sure if it she's a Red Coat or Bluecoat. She'll join the side who pays more, so show your gold!

Hope you enjoy it.

http://farm4.staticf...1e80cb2ed_h.jpg

http://farm3.staticf...dba2d638f_h.jpg

Dont forget to check my flickr gallery if you wish to see the innards of the ship.

Edited by Admiral Croissant
Pictures changed to links ref site guidelines

http://farm3.staticf...5fffee61d_k.jpg

YarRrRRRrr! pirates, this is Rad Draven (I would like to change my nickname here, does anybody how to do it?) and Im showing you my first big Moc.

It's a 66 gun ship of the line, dated between XVIII and XIX century. She has about 5.500 pieces and a weight around 6'5 kilograms. It took me 18 moths to complete it due to plenty of changes, modifications and construction problems that I had. The design is modular, you can check it on my flickr account.

Im still not sure if it she's a Red Coat or Bluecoat. She'll join the side who pays more, so show your gold!

Hope you enjoy it.

http://farm4.staticf...1e80cb2ed_h.jpg

http://farm3.staticf...dba2d638f_h.jpg

Dont forget to check my flickr gallery if you wish to see the innards of the ship.

Please keep your pictures to the site guidelines of 1000 x 800 .pxl!

Very nice, I think it's a bit over-armed, a ship-of-the-line indeed has many cannons but you placed them a bit close next to each other, personally I think three studs between gun ports is a minimum.

Anyway, It does look good, I love the sails, booms and rigging, they must have taken a lot of work.

It makes me happy to see that you only used half of the hull piece for the stern, a great call.

Keep it up!

Edited by Sebeus I

Unbelivible! Just stunning MOC. One thing though, So she hasnt taken sides yet, and thats good, but what countrys flag are those then? :wink: Are they Iceland's flag or Ålands islands flag? And Welcome to Eurobricks my friend. :classic:

Captain Becker

That is fantastic. I cannot decide which I love better, the stern with the wonderful gallery or the really nicely shaped forecastle. Well done all over.

Cool ship! Well-armed and well-built! Great colourscheme too.

Personally I don't like the inacuraccy of the lowest yards on each mast much(they shouldn't be there), but it does make it look more like an official LEGO set. And that's something I do like a lot about the ship. It looks very neat and new like an official build. Nice job :thumbup:

That's an amazing looking ship! Wish I had the pieces and skill to build something like that.

BAM! That came out of nowhere. Really great ship though. I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into her, not just building wise by stylistically too. Great job, welcome to EB!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

Thanks to all for your warm welcome :)

Admiral Croisant: Wich part are the lowest yards of the masts? You mean the 4x4 round brick? Im always on time to change everything and to improve :)

Captain Becker: I invented the flag... And then somebody told me that it was very similar to the iceland's flag and it ruined the fun, lol. Well, at least the Iceland flag has no gold on it, its something... But anyway still have not received any gold coins from any side, so I think im gonna change the flag to a pirate one, and make tons of gold on my own. I have the cannons and power to do it, muahaha!.

That's incredible! Unbelievable detail! The sails, booms rigging, my, that must have been a lot of work, but it payed off! Great colour scheme, amazing ship. This thing could blast a pirate out of the water in one broadside. :wink:

By the way, that looks like a lot of cannons. How much did you pay for 66 cannons? I know on Bricklink prices are ridiculous.

I love the sails, especialy how you stitched thoose black lines into them, nice touch. The rigging aswell is do die for :wub:

I like the colorscheme in general, red and black always work together nicely, and that brown studless deck fits so well.

That bow is superbly detailed, i wouldnt like to be chased by your 4 chasers.

Now to the things i dont like so much.

Eventhough its massive, it seems small. i think a minifig would look a bit to large in comparison.

Mainly its becasue the gunports is cramped to tight together.

The small step ladder contributes to this smallness.

The stern looks great though, but the bridge is to narrow, for this size of ship.

All that said.

Its fantastic you made this enormus giant, on a standard hull, without going costum.

I know i gave you some criticism. BUT!! Overall, its a fantastic looking ship.

By the way, if i were you, i would say 56 cannons and 10 swirl guns :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: Unless thats the way of doing it ofcourse :classic:

First of all: Great job. This is a creation who deserves attention to details. I love the way you made the sides with reversed slopes in the lower deck and slopes in the high part.

The choice of colors is really nice, red and reddish brown seems to be made to stay together on this ship.

Of corse there are some sriticism too, because every one has his personal "taste". On a moc like this criticism might only be on details because it's really well made :)

Things I would like to change:

Headrails color, because of their shape they're very thin, and need to be in a color wich changes a lot from the rest of the ship to be visible (IMHO)

The gunports within the guns: gunports might be ok (if you don't want to show minifigs on this ship), but they are not ok with the two front guns. To make an example: in my current project I'm making a ship one decker with 5 large mids and only 18 guns, but even in this I'm planning to make guns brickbuilt to keep proportions).

The stairs on sides could be of the same color of the sides, because your way the center gunports seems to be linked together.

I would also add some gunport on the bow, because there's a lot of free space compared to the rest of the ship.

:thumbup: