Dragonfire

MOC: Travelling to Mitgardia

(This is more of a mini-MOC than a MOC, actually. But it's my first, and I'm quite proud of it)

After leaving his homeland of Avalonia to seek a new home in the Northern Guild, Berelan Gryffen has reached the Mitgardian border. A yellow and green flag marks the divide. A small watchtower once stood on the Avalonian side of the border, but it has been deserted for many years and has slowly crumbled down in ruins. Berelan is using his sword to clear away the dense foliage which gives way to the snows of Mitgardia.

360be985-6806-4d8f-9b55-8968784a029f_zpscbe53d2f.jpg

ed933510-fb8a-45ac-8ad3-c344eaea2c78_zpsa72038de.jpg

9638bc8f-486f-47e8-858d-aa0f064f68fb_zps46e99a79.jpg

8c5d3372-30e7-4101-af02-85ac8143f600_zpsab6f7feb.jpg

0d7c816e-a280-4a17-a3c4-525251cd00c3_zps00ad90d9.jpg

(Apologies for the quality of the photographs)

Edited by Dragonfire

What's about Norse mythology? And I agree, it does need more space. I have a baseplate but it is being used for a castle I have built.

Edited by Dragonfire

But...Mitgardia is one of the four Guilds of Historica. Yes, it is probably based off Midgard, but that doesn't mean MOCs have to be related to Norse mythology.

Midgard is the human world in the Norse myths.

Asgard is the gods' world. And there are also seven other worlds.

Mitgardia, not Midgard :wink: As Dragonfire said it's one of the guilds of historica ( this sub-forum).

Cool vignette! I like the snow and the vegetation looks good too :thumbup: I think the flag would look better standing straight up and down though, or even less of an angle.

Nice little section of ruins too, the brown/dark tan look good together :classic:

Thanks guys! Yes, the flag probably would look better upright, but I couldn't find a gap in the foliage for it to go!