WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71002 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11  

219 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 11?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Do you think Series 11 is a huge improvement compared with other series?

5. 5. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 11?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it

Nice review. I must correct you though on your "Space Factions" display. The Clockwork Robot and Robot Lady should not be grouped with space or sci-fi. They would be more appropriate for steampunk. They are spring-powered wind-up machines, which is a technology that has declined. So the concept is about old Technology if it was further developed to be more advanced than todays technology.

I will comment on the minifigures in this wave. I will list them from favourite to least, and put the more notable (to me) in larger text.

1. Pretzel Girl: (fka "Lederhosen" or "Bavarian Lady") She is the first on my wish list for Series 11. Like the Skater Girl (my favourite in series 6, when I started buying them), she appeals to me because she could fit in fairly well in my town display, but she still has enough interesting features to be "special". It's also nice to have more Lego women. I also haven't seen many pigtail (if any) in the last decade.
  2. Scientist: Both me and my young brother like this minifigure. I like Science myself, and she could fit in my town if I build her a chemistry lab. Her face is generic but unique. She represents what she is supposed to be.
  3. Welder: This is also on my brothers top 3. He is another career guy for the town. My brother's minifigure that he plays with is a car builder, so he will have a new imployee with this guy.
  4. Island Warrior: I don't know much about old polynesian cultures, but this guy looks quite cool to me. Interesting that his mask is made of Krana rubber. His skirt is just a different implementation of the one from the Hula Dancer.
  5. Scarecrow: The printings on this guy look well-detailed but still somewhat generic. The crow on the head is a nice feature, an old joke on TV, and a nice part for my town. If I was the designer, I would have made an inanimate scarcrow face on one side of the head, and a living "monster" scarcrow face on the other. But the face that Lego made would work for either living or unliving scarecrow. My town currently has no agriculture, but I should try to make some little urban farm later on, including this guy. Hi fork is nice, but I don't know if there have previously been any.
  6. Grandma: This point isn't pointed-out nearly as often as the gender imbalance, but Lego sets are short on the oldies. Yes, so much that an old man and old woman are already unique enough to be collectible minifigures. I might get her for my town. It's also nice to have the cat and bag.
  7. Mountain Climber: This is my brothers favourite in the series. I am not really sure if I would be able to give him a place to climb, but it would be nice if I could (but expensive). His print could work. His pick and helmet are common, but still good. I would prefer a real rope, or at least a rubber one that could uncurl.
  8. Gingerbread Man: I don't yet have a use for him, but it is still an interesting concept. Nice "Dunk-me" mug, which is probably the only accessory that they could come-up with.
  9. Saxaphone Player: Interesting costume. It should be easy to make him a street performer in my town. I don't agree with how the saxaphone was implemented though. I would prefer a partially brick-built one with one specialized and 1 or 2 brickier parts, that could be changed between the two types.
  10. Yeti: Nice one, I used to be quite interested in cryptids. The popsicle is a bit strange, but probably just a joke. I think it should look more like an ape, which the yeti is often believed to be (besides introducing a new oranghutan head). It would be more accurate to the typical belief if they made new bigger hands for this guy, but it still might be nice for some to have the rare light-blue hands (which is also in the Scientist).
  11. Constable: Nice to have an old-fashioned police officer. I would probably be more interested in getting a similar minifigure from a future modular building though. He won't be high on the list though.
  12. Diner Waitress: It triggered a bit of curiosity when I first saw it, but for the idea, not the actual minifigure. So I asked my mom and found out that there used to actually be rollerblade waitresses. I didn't think that her hair was worth making, but I accept it more now that I see the back (which is often the thing that gets me). She looks better in the real photos now that I can see the true colours.
  13. Evil Mech: Not my style, but I like the rumour of it's association with Blacktron (even though that was before my time). I like how the made the gun though.
  14. Barbarian: I don't know much about what these are, but I think that he looks to similar to the Jungle Boy.
  15. Holiday Elf: Don't think that I am getting this one. A companion for the previously released Santa Clause which probably got the little guys going "Don't you find it strange that they made a real person (Santa) as one of these minifigures, while the rest are fictional). The teddy and gift box could be useful. I don't like how they made the hat. He has ears, which human minifigs strangely don't have.
  16. Lady Robot: I think that this is probably the worst idea that has ever been made as a collectible minifigure. I liked the original clockwork robot. But I didn't even think that it had a gender; it is a machine.

thanks for a great review! :sweet:

it's not a bad series, but i'm missing an army building fig... the gingerbread guy is cool, so are the scarecrow an the tribal warrior, but overall, i'd say it's average. the blacktron sign is quite nice, really. :sweet:

Thanks for yet another great review, Whitefang! My personal favourites would be the Barbarian and the Yeti. I hope LEGO will make printed minifig arms a more frequent thing!

I think you are going to find this scientist Quite Popular. I'm seeing it pop up on facebook from friends who are NOT big Lego fans. "look what Lego is doing" And getting lots of thumbs up and rave reviews.

Great and very well detailed review WhiteFang.

Looking at the Tiki Warrior up close, the detailing on the mask is very well done. Though I'm a bit surprised by some of the distribution in this wave. Especially the Tiki Warrior's. Only 2 per box? I shurely thought it was going to be one of the 'army builders' of this wave.

As usual a nice and thorough review WhiteFang, ..... and equally as usual, though with each series I feel less tempted to do so, I will try to get the whole series, just for the sake of completeness..

But there are some figs I wouldn't mind if I couldn't get them (gingerbread, robot..), and others mainly have my attention for their accessories, faceprint or hair..

The ones I realy do like to have are the welder, lab girl, bavarian girl, scarecrow and sax player (1 of each will do), 2 tiki warriors (will be hard I guess) and 2 barbarians (should't be a problem, he doesn't seem to be very popular).

For me the only army, or better: squad builder is the constable... only pitty about the open collar they gave him; a bit annoying when trying to convert him into a fleshy , and the fact that the 1331 makes multiples a bit redundant... I guess I will end up with a 133 and 331 in my squad too.

Let's hope that those rumors about limited availability in the benelux and scandinavia are just that... rumors..

Great review! Not the best series in my opinion, though I like the Tiki Warrior and the Constable.

The parts assortment is good and the baton is wonderful new accessory addition. You can see how the Constable able to grip his baton tightly at his hand. The custodian ('bobby') helmet is done in a very nice manner as well too and I am very pleased with it too. Apparently his badge indicates JCF and his collar ID number is 1337. I really wondered what does that mean. Anyone can enlighten me a little?

Not sure if anyone has siad it but 1337 is Leet, from the use of numbers to speak, "elite"

You will often find pple posting doing 1337dmg in a screenshot or number of kills etc...

Thank you for this wonderful review. I got my first batch of series 11 minifigures today (1 complete series, some additional welders, yetis, scientists and gingerbread men.

My thoughts on the different characters:

Bavarian Lady: I like her, nice complementation to the lederhosen guy. The hairpiece is fantastic!

Female Scientist: Very nice addition - especially for the face and two (!!) flasks! Does anyone have any idea why she is named "Prof. C. Bodin"??

Welder: fantastic addition to my city!

Tiki warrior: even though I am not much of an islanders fan - the mask is great!

Scarecrow: Fantastic! One of my favourite ones! The body might be used for a zombie as well - have to try that out., and a living "monster" scarcrow face on the other. But the face that Lego made would work for either living or unliving scarecrow. My town currently has no agriculture, but I should try to make some little urban farm later on, including this guy. Hi fork is nice, but I don't know if there have previously been any.

Grandma: Very nice addition to grandpa. Both will get a nice appartement together in my town! With lots and lots of cats!!

Mountain Climber: He is not as bad as I thought. Might be useful for mountain rescue conversions.

Gingerbread Man: I love this guy! Might be my favourite minifigure so far!

Sax player: Initially I thought I need multiples of him. The sax is nice, the rest ok.

Yeti: Funny guy. I might use him as a promotional guy for my local ice cream parlour.

Constable: Very nice. If I had not build my police force from the NY Cop of earlier series, he would have been my first choice!

Dinner waitress: When I look at her face I have to think of a teacher...

Evil mech: Was better in nature than expected. Still, only will get one.

Barbarian: very nice arm print. But as I do not do any historical MOCs - only one for me.

Holiday elf: Nice one. Holiday elfes are not as common in Germany, but I will get a few.

Female robot: She is ok and complements the male robot nicely.

All in all a great series. Not much to army-build though... oh, well, maybe a yeti army...

Thank you for this wonderful review. I got my first batch of series 11 minifigures today (1 complete series, some additional welders, yetis, scientists and gingerbread men.

My thoughts on the different characters:

Bavarian Lady: I like her, nice complementation to the lederhosen guy. The hairpiece is fantastic!

Female Scientist: Very nice addition - especially for the face and two (!!) flasks! Does anyone have any idea why she is named "Prof. C. Bodin"??

Cynthia Bodin is a designer for lego, so it's likely named after her.

Here's a link:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Cynthia/Bodin?_mSplash=1

I went to TRU and they only had a few left on hangers. I find it interesting that all I felt were cops, mountain climber, gingerbreadmen and the four that I bought, elf, grandma, diner woman and German woman. Being that they was only 12-13 bags and there is only a 1.66666% chance of getting of getting each of those women. So I'm happy.

And I really love them. The cat is amazing, so is grandma's hair. The dinner woman is really awesome but I hate the pale yellow on yellow, but the double face and everything looks even better in real life.

Are these out? I checked at the local TRU today and they didn't have any, they don't seem to be on the TRU or shop.lego.com sites either?

Thanks for the great review!

As being from Bavaria I must say, I like the bavarian guy, but the bavarian girl doesn't really compare to the real bavarian girls :wink:

Scarecrow, Tiki Warrior and Welder (beautiful colour scheme) are my favourites.

I got a few over the weekend but got multiples of characters I'm not interested. Any site out there that is trading CMFs?