WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71002 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11  

219 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 11?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Do you think Series 11 is a huge improvement compared with other series?

5. 5. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 11?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it

My favourite in this series would be the Yeti (but I have a thing for the Monsters like the Cyclops and the Minotaur)

I don't think it's fair that the Evil Mech gets a blaster, while the good Mech has to fight bare-handed.

I'm not sure about the yellow uniform on the waitress. The bright pink skates wash her out and make her look naked. Maybe they should have gone with mint green, or a pink uniform instead.

Thanks for another comprehensive and entertaining review, WhiteFang! The grandma has to be my favourite, the cat is just too adorable.

The tiki warrior's mask is a great piece. Although the warrior is limited to its island setting, I can imagine the mask being used for Indians or or other tribes as well.

Thanks for another excellent review, WhiteFang! I always appreciate the effort you put into these, and thakyou to Mrs Fang too (congratulations btw!)

I would prefer to see more Tikis for sure. I like all this series, but I don't like the distribution. I think it's great that the Blacktron robot has a classic blaster.

:classic:

Hey! Thanks for the great review White Fang. The filial piety was touching.

It's nice to see so many minifigs who could fit right into a typical town setting, I'm lovin' it.

Joe

Great review!

I've been waiting a while for the light blue hands to become more readily avialable, and two figures in this wave has 'em. My cup runneth over!

Thank you for the review as everyone has already stated!

MASSIVE Positives I love the diversity of this series. Seems to be a lot of TV and movie related figs this time around! There are plenty of exciting and new parts, faces, hairpieces, hats and accessories. I don't know how anyone could be negative about the parts selections!

annoying negatives

The yellow outift on the waitress? What's that about why choose a "flesh" colour outfit just looks weird.

Distribution - not much more needs to be said here. I'm not sure why there aren't three complete sets, I don't agree with the distribuiton but I can understand why Lego think it makes sense.

I really love the Scientist figure, LEGO in my opinion has always done a poor job with scientist figs, normally they come with a space logo or medical equipment. This figure is definitely a researcher, with a proper lab coat. I am going to have to get 2 of them to make me and my girlfriend !

The scarecrow has a great hat and I love the tribal guy also, but its the scientist that makes this series for me

I wholeheartedly agree! This figure is quite realistic (blue nitrile gloves) but could have been more so, if Lego had given her flasks in trans-clear (most solutions) and/or trans-yellow (bacterial broth) instead. A dark blue syringe (pipetman) also would've been a nice touch.

This review is really cool! It has made me like the Tiki Warrior and the Welder (I already like the Scarecrow, Evil Mech, Barbarian and Yeti). This is my favourite series yet.

It is nice to see the evil black mech has the Blacktron symbols on it. I will have to get a few of these to bulk out my Cities Blacktron Cult, especially since it is Blacktron 1. They are seen as the real bad megablocks guys in my mind and in that of Dootsville Cult members. They will be sending those mechs up against the CITY Police next time they try and raid the secret hideout.

I also like the cute female robot, great how they used the dials to represent her female'ness! I can't see many kids parents being happy with that and having to explain to their little ones why the robot is female! Made me laugh anyway.

The Bavarian Lady and the Tiki Warrior should be 6

Yeti and Scientist - 2

That would make much more sense.

I'm starting to think LEGO makes some 2 because they cost more to make than the others, like the mask of the islander. But the Yeti kind of destroys that though.

Elves and islanders and cops seem to be the ones that should be 6.

More and more I'm finding myself asking, do I really want to pay $3 just for that (insert single hat/animal/utensil) because the figure itself isn't that great but one item of it can be.

This series is a mix bag, about half are outstanding and half I don't want but there is very little middle ground, which is a first for me. My favourites are the Tiki warrior, holiday elf, scarecrow and bobby. The Bavarian girl is nice but I could have wished for a flagon or other drink cup in her hand and I personally abhor the fabric skirts. A few others have interesting new parts but aren't of use to me.

The distribution, urg what's there to add. Nothing but I'll say it anyway - go back three sets per box!!!! This had something to do with being able to package half boxes though didn't it? So doubt we will see a change.

Great review as always though I find them really helpful and love seeing the characters a month or two before they become available.

Edited by Cara

For some reason I am not impressed with this minifigs... I like Barbarian and that's it. Great review as always.

I will definitely want to pick up the Gingerbread Man and Holiday Elf, I didn't get the series 8 Santa so I guess I'll pay more for him. I must say I really do like the dinner waitress more than I thought I would, I own the series 8 pirate captain so getting the Tiki warrior is a must. Quite frankly I will have to search to get these figures, I wish Lego would just make things easier.

I will definitely want to pick up the Gingerbread Man and Holiday Elf, I didn't get the series 8 Santa so I guess I'll pay more for him. I must say I really do like the dinner waitress more than I thought I would, I own the series 8 pirate captain so getting the Tiki warrior is a must. Quite frankly I will have to search to get these figures, I wish Lego would just make things easier.

Looks like there's going to be a series 8 Santa in this year's city advent calendar, so that might be cheaper/easier.

Like most, I'm sorely disappointed with the distribution... I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt this time, honestly, because I think they got backlash last time but it was too late to change for this release. I pointed out last time that there's no reason for so many twos and sixes, there's really no excuse is except marketing tactic to sell more. At this point, after ten series, it's pretty tedious to see this happening. Free market says they can do whatever they want; it also means I can stop buying, and if it keeps up, I will.

I buy a case now, I don't have time to mess around in the store trying to pick out individual ones; I've been weening off of LEGO for some time now, I don't need extra reasons to stop buying. In the past, one case satisfied all my needs and with extras; now it doesn't. It's terrible.

That said, this is, for me, the best series in a while.

And, as always, a great review - I don't know how you could not know everything you wanted to know about these CMFs after reading one of WhiteFang's reviews.

Been waiting for our review.

What a great collection of figures. Can't wait to find them all.

Bummed the Tiki is only 2 to a box. I have several non-lego friends who will appreciate getting him.

Edited by ETAV8R

Thank you very much to all of you who have taken their time to compose your comments. It is very interesting to read your take on this series and I can definitely agree with you on the sub-par distribution ratio for Series 11 but there is nothing that we can do about it. Hopefully, this will help all of us to be able to acquire all of my fave minifigures!

Sadly this seems to be affirmed. Stuifzand from the LowLUG forums got it confirmed through LEGO that the Nordic and Benelux region will not have the CMF series 11 available through regular retail except for Shop@Home and LEGO Brand Stores. See

http://lowlug.nl/forums/84/11028.html?start=253

Aww, thank you for the update. I really hope this may change for the better.

Can you confirm that the Tiki Warrior’s face and Grandma’s basket are the only medium rubber piece of this series? The Diner Waitress’ hair looks like a potential Friend’s Line knock off which are mostly medium rubber.

Both the Tiki Warrior's face mask and Grandma's basket are made up of semi-soft medium plastic. The Welder's equipment are also made up of the same material as well.

Does the welding helmet have any transparency at the eye socket? I can’t tell in the photos

No, it is not transparent. However, the visor showed a slight reflection on the right side.

Great review Whitefang

It started so well, Scarecrows, Tiki warrior, Bavarian Girl, a Gingerbread man...but then the lady scientist, diner girl, Granny and the robot seriously ruined it - if they'd stopped at 10 I would've been very happy

It's also very sad that TLC are continuing with the distribution in 2s and 6s - although they haven't put six of the poor ones in, I like the welder and the constable, but what am I going to do with six of them? Create Benny Hill sketches?

Likewise only two scarecrows and Tikis is going to really push their prices up - I'm still not really sure what the logic here is, there doesn't seem to be any kind of tilt towards making the more desirable figs rarer or vice versa, I can only assume it's cheaper to fill nearly half a box with just four types of minifig

But whining aside, I thought the Tiki warrior would be the most popular, then I saw the distributions and now I know he will

Gotta love that Tiki Warrior. Need lots of them for my project. Lurking for a long time here, registering at one point and now asking you readers a favor. Would you sell me Tiki Warriors? Depending of amount I buy those figs €3,50 each + shipment costs.

Thanks a lot Mr. Fang for this great review, as always!

I always wating for your minifigs serie reviews. We can discover those lovely minifigs with their great accessories!

Keep the good job!

Great review, thanks!

With this many mini-figs, it becomes more and more difficult to make interesting figs that will please collectors. That being said, the legodesigners need to dig deeper for ideas, and i like to see where that's going!

Love this series. I cannot wait to go to the store and search for the ones that me and my girlfriend want!