Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

[snip]

anyone seen this heres the link to the flickr it was posted on: LEGO Star Wars AT-AP the brickfan is doing coverage of the lego events at comic con so check out there and check out this flickr.

Ooh, more angles! Thanks. I wasn't sure if that green was lime or olive because the official picture is so poorly lit. I'm glad to see that it's olive.

I don't like the back end, though. The plating that is there is better than the older AT-AP's, but those bricks protruding back to the 'hip' joint are blocky, exposed, and ugly. :sceptic: Would've liked to see some curved slopes, some studless Technic, or both to smooth that out.

Ooh, more angles! Thanks. I wasn't sure if that green was lime or olive because the official picture is so poorly lit. I'm glad to see that it's olive.

I don't like the back end, though. The plating that is there is better than the older AT-AP's, but those bricks protruding back to the 'hip' joint are blocky, exposed, and ugly. :sceptic: Would've liked to see some curved slopes, some studless Technic, or both to smooth that out.

Hope this means some ep3 sets I'm crossing my fingers for yoda vs. a redesigned sidious in the robe design seen in rots! Plus just noticed tarfull has a really detailed face print in one of the photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could this mean redesigned printed Chewbacca and wookie warriors??? I think so!!!! Also gree has 2013 clone helmet shape.

Edited by legofreak86

Very nice, I missed out on all the EPIII sets, good thing because the new style of Star Wars sets is better. I don't mind a remake, as long as some new stuff is fitted in as well. :thumbup:

I wonder why TBB thought that it was a March release. :wacko: Zoom in to this picture, and the sign very clearly says, "January 2014".

Oh, I love that new logo. What does the 2014 box art look like for other toys?

-Sci

Oh, I love that new logo.

The yellowish orange gradient on the Star Wars logo next to the LEGO logo is a design they've been using on and off since 2005.

Oh, I love that new logo. What does the 2014 box art look like for other toys?

-Sci

The yellowish orange gradient on the Star Wars logo next to the LEGO logo is a design they've been using on and off since 2005.

Yep, it's the Revenge of the Sith logo. It was only used on 2005 sets. Kinda follows the current logo pattern since 2012 (Episode I -> Episode II -> Episode III). It all works out good on the end, as 2015 will have the Episode VII logo. :wub:

Edited by just2good

Yep, it's the Revenge of the Sith logo. It was only used on 2005 sets. Kinda follows the current logo pattern since 2012 (Episode I -> Episode II -> Episode III). It all works out good on the end, as 2015 will have the Episode VII logo. :wub:

I guess the 2014 packaging will probably use this: http://www.toyhypeusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Star-Wars-Saga-Legends-Ypda-packaged.jpg

Edited by Brickdoctor
Changed oversized photo to a link.

I like the Clone's detailing, and the new Wookie with the pauldrons (He has facial detailing!). But the droids: "These aren't the droids we're looking for!" :tongue: And then the AT-AP, well, it's just another AT-AP. And while the price per piece is fair, there's nothing special about the set that would draw attention.

Is anyone else hoping for a new General Grievous vs. Obi Wan set? I missed out on the 2005 version and I'm glad I did because it didn't really look that great. Hopefully it will also include a new Commander Cody in Phase 2 armor as well.

If your where to ask me what year was the best LEGO Star Wars release, it'd be 2005 Episode 3's sets. The price, value, quality, and play was all there.

Understand that I don't enjoy having to constantly risk killing discussion by directing members to different threads, but we have a main index with a list of important threads and we have guidelines for posting in this thread in this thread's first post for a reason: to keep discussion on-topic, organized, and easy to find and read. As I have said, this topic is for discussion of rumored and confirmed 2014 sets. We have another thread to discuss the sets you want to see, and we have another thread to discuss the sets past and present which you think are the best or the worst.

I'll move a couple more posts. Now, please, stay on topic!

Understand that I don't enjoy having to constantly risk killing discussion by directing members to different threads, but we have a main index with a list of important threads and we have guidelines for posting in this thread in this thread's first post for a reason: to keep discussion on-topic, organized, and easy to find and read. As I have said, this topic is for discussion of rumored and confirmed 2014 sets. We have another thread to discuss the sets you want to see, and we have another thread to discuss the sets past and present which you think are the best or the worst.

I'll move a couple more posts. Now, please, stay on topic!

Sorry, I tried to get rid of that part of my post, but for some reason it wouldn't let me. But now back to the topic.

Does the technic pin on the back of the walker do anything, or is it just part of the build?

EDIT: I believe it is there to make it easier to raise the roof of the walker, well that makes it more convenient.

Edited by Darth Nader

So we get a detailed Tarfur or whatever but still new new Chewie?

Chewie is the lamest minifigure at this point. His paintless face is plain like the old crappy minifigures. His Crossbow blaster is still medieval style with an arrow. We NEED a new Chewie already. XP

I think there is a high chance of some things from order 66 (except from the younglings), possibly when clone commander Cody attacks Obi Whan ? just a thought. I also think that this is the best year to bring out a Jedi temple, possibly an exclusive in the summer like the Ewok village.

I don't think we will see an other major set soon, with the E-village comming out in september... :wink:

We usually get two each year. One before/ on May 4th and one in September/October.

Also, I just noticed, TLG didn't update the Super Battle Droid. We still need the red dot for an eye.

Also, I just noticed, TLG didn't update the Super Battle Droid. We still need the red dot for an eye.

They can redo the mold so they have solid backs while they're at it :tongue: .

Aren't there better pictures from Tarrful? I only saw him from the side. I wanna have a closer look on the wookie. By the way, i hope that Tarrful will come in more sets than only this one, i'm not really planning on buying this set. I'm not really interested in clone troopers and definitely not in those battle droids.

Aren't there better pictures from Tarrful? I only saw him from the side. I wanna have a closer look on the wookie. By the way, i hope that Tarrful will come in more sets than only this one, i'm not really planning on buying this set. I'm not really interested in clone troopers and definitely not in those battle droids.

It looks like he was placed facing almost right at one of the corners of the display case, so it'd be hard for anyone to get a head-on picture of the front of the minifig. Best look is the high angle in the picture with the camera facing the right side of the walker, but his musket blocks much of his chest.

I noticed something - that green element on the top of the AT-AP, looks like it's used as some sort of light and sticks out the back. What piece is that?

-Sci

I noticed something - that green element on the top of the AT-AP, looks like it's used as some sort of light and sticks out the back. What piece is that?

-Sci

:wink:

Someone on flickr mentioned that it was a recolor of this piece. (Notice how there's a bar of trans green extending back through the turret towards the minifig's chest.)