Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Meh, this set is okay but leaves something to be desired. And do we really need more STAPs?

Nope, but it's probably the Fall D2C. Which is probably the new UCS MF.

I was wondering about the other set... on the poster shown for the AT-AT with the list of figures... Isn't there Ahsoka on that poster? I'm sure I'll be easily corrected on that though.

Wherever that MF rumour originated I sincerely hope it bears fruit at some point.

Although I don't like the idea of Lego shrinking everything, the MTT doesn't look bad. It looks more like a better build version of the original from 2000. It could have used some Gungans though and what's with Obi wan and Qui gon, they were never there during that battle scene. 7662 is still a far superior set and it's still gigantic compared to all of the new sets. I think the age of large built (non UCS) sets is over.

My thoughts exactly, I completely agree with it looking like a slightly more constructed 2000 MTT rather than an improvement to 7662 and the choice of characters.

Not as huge fan of the MTT may have been a nice opportunity to put a few gungans in and make it worthwhile. Hoping the last exclusive isn't another UCS millennium falcon.

Is it just me or new Ben from Cantina set would look much better with brown Airborne Trooper skirt (I believe that it's called cama)?

I think some people (including myself) that have been buying into SW since 1999 have reached a point where we can't help but compare all new set remakes to their best previous iteration, and this is a case in point. I think Aanchir indicated just how much more movie-accurate this new MTT is than the one from 2007 and I agree because 2007 was just too tall and long, plus some other detailing. However, the huge space for droids and usable cockpit were in my opinion the best features. Having space for only 3-4 droids and inappropriate characters is certainly not ideal and it's hard to let accuracy outweigh those things.

I actually like the scale of the MTT. It looks more compact and sturdy. I will say the minifigure line-up is confusing. It looks like they accidentally took the minifigure line-up of a Theed battle set and put them in a Gungan battle set instead.

Definitely a missed opportunity to include Boss Nass and a Gungan variation.

Well I don't honestly get all the criticism on this new MTT.

"Size matters not" :yoda: Remember?

It defeats the purpose of a multi troop carrier when it can only carry six droids. Granted, you could easily mod it to give it a second level for 12 in total but what is this? Why do the droids stand in there instead of being folded like always? The designer could easily have made the design compatible for 12 droids, still a downgrade from 16 but at least not as bad as 6. I thought we are in 2014, not 2001.

Damn I was hoping for a tan AAT.

Me too. Would have been a better choice for a store exclusive for sure, would have perfectly fit into the 40-60$ price range they give to these sets nowadays. Instead it´s a MTT and looking at those box dimensions it will surely be 90$ / the same as 2010 Slave One and TOR Sith Interceptor.

Is it just me or new Ben from Cantina set would look much better with brown Airborne Trooper skirt (I believe that it's called cama)?

The skirt of the Airbornes is grey, it would look bad.

I think Aanchir indicated just how much more movie-accurate this new MTT is than the one from 2007 and I agree because 2007 was just too tall and long, plus some other detailing. However, the huge space for droids and usable cockpit were in my opinion the best features. Having space for only 3-4 droids and inappropriate characters is certainly not ideal and it's hard to let accuracy outweigh those things.

No idea where Aanchirs text is but they improved the angle of the laser canons and shortened them to the fitting length and the angling at he sides of the front is better but everything else is just as bad as before in a different way.

The angle at the front is still too vertical, the engines at the side now stand out instead of being covered a bit and the entire butt has far too hard angles in comparison to the movie model. 7662 is maybe too round and got none of the edges right but it at least functions well as a troop transport while this new one fails at everything beside the canon placement.

But I guess I can thank this release for showing me how impossible it is to get the angles of the MTT right. You would need to build the whole thing with plate coverages instead of slope bricks. Something more akin to the roof of the new Arkham Asylum. Would be interesting to see some good MOCs of that (and one that carries more than 16 BDs too).

I actually like the scale of the MTT. It looks more compact and sturdy.

I give you compact because of course it´s going to be more compact when you make the build smaller but nothing can beat the sturdiness of the 7662.

It looks like they accidentally took the minifigure line-up of a Theed battle set and put them in a Gungan battle set instead.

Definitely a missed opportunity to include Boss Nass and a Gungan variation.

Nah, Boss Nass would be impossible. Store exclusives like this can never use new moulds. But I wish they would have kept it Theed based or AAT, Jedi actually encountered those, the palace guard as well and could have been a good choice for a new Padmé or even more different palace guards.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

OK, I'm confused. The caption says this was at the Budapest LEGO store. Will this not be a TRU or WM exclusive in the US?

Are we still looking for what those will be?

Edited by rollermonkey

I think LEGO stores still have the exclusives, but I'm not sure.

OK, I'm confused. The caption says this was at the Budapest LEGO store. Will this not be a TRU or WM exclusive in the US?

Are we still looking for what those will be?

Retail exclusives are always also available at LEGO Brand Stores and S@H.

I own a 7662 MTT from new, and I think that this new set is definitely a downgrade. To my eye it is less accurate (though some others disagree) and less aesthetically pleasing; it has fewer play features; it is smaller, with a correspondingly smaller selection of minifigs; and the build appears to be less sophisticated. The only real redeeming element, for me, is that the selection of minifigs, while far smaller, is also far more diverse, with a Qui-Gon and a Theed Palace Guard.

HOWEVER - if you are looking at this set as a parts collection to be used for MOC'ing, this new MTT is a significant improvement, since the last one was primarily a collection of Xx2x3 slope bricks and greebles, where this one appears to have a more diverse parts mix.

Personally, I wouldn't trade my 7662 for this new one, but then, I don't do much MOC'ing in brown.

Since I missed out on the previous MTT, I'm really looking forward to this one! The smaller size doesn't bother me, plus it looks the most accurate so far (at least to me).

I missed the last one too, so I'm definitely getting this one. IMO, it looks great an is the most accurate.

For those who missed out on the previous MTT it will be nice to own, but I feel like it's a step back from 7662. It's primarily the shape of the sides to the rear that look too square and not sloped like in the film. Personally I would have preferred a tan AAT. :classic:

7184_brickset.jpg

trade-federation-mtt-lego-set-7662-1.jpg

2cnwbcg.png

MTTopenforbusiness-SWE.jpg

Trade_Federation_MTT.jpg

I'm sorry, but 7662 blows 75058 out of the water from both accuracy and play features standpoints. (And the less said about the hideous 7184, the better.) Is it nice to get non-droid figures? Of course, but neither Obi-Wan nor Qui-gon belong in this set, it rightly should have been Gungans and/or Naboo troops if they wanted to for conflict with the droids.

Edited by rollermonkey

Did Lego get a deal on brown dye this year...?

Seriously, though, I'm not all that thrilled. I've got gobs of Battle Droids... but nothing for them to battle in an army sense from Episode 1. This set might have worked better with more Naboo Guards or maybe even Gungans. Instead it just has two Jedi I already own. I hate to be a drag, but I'm just not into this one...

I will give Lego some credit for churning out another prequel set.

- I would think that several of those (padawans & their ship, pink astromech, and Yoda's escape pod) were included purely for story purposes and so are very unlikely to get real LEGO versions.

Oddly, the pink astromech is the one that I really would not rule out. That is R2-KT. Given the story behind that particular droid I would not be surprised if it is one that Lego wants to do, but only in the absolute right way.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-KT

I would imagine if done the figure would be in some way tied to children's cancer research.

Seriously, though, I'm not all that thrilled. I've got gobs of Battle Droids... but nothing for them to battle in an army sense from Episode 1. This set might have worked better with more Naboo Guards or maybe even Gungans. Instead it just has two Jedi I already own. I hate to be a drag, but I'm just not into this one...

I will give Lego some credit for churning out another prequel set.

We have had a lot of brown focused sets in the last two or so years, off the top of my head:

* Ewok Village.

* Jabba's sail Barge.

* Duel on Geonosis.

* Rancor pit (had some Brown in it, not much but enough).

Perhaps we can get a Kamino set to balance all the brown out with Grey.

Looking at the cross sections book, the new MTT does look a little bit more accurate than the original (less said about 2007) the better in my mind.

We have had a lot of brown focused sets in the last two or so years, off the top of my head:

* Ewok Village.

* Jabba's sail Barge.

* Duel on Geonosis.

* Rancor pit (had some Brown in it, not much but enough).

Perhaps we can get a Kamino set to balance all the brown out with Grey.

Looking at the cross sections book, the new MTT does look a little bit more accurate than the original (less said about 2007) the better in my mind.

Let's not forget the UCS Sandcrawler.

Omg, just saw the MTT, there wasn't any info and than bang, it's available here in Budapest, it's a shame that set is so dull :sceptic: the previous was way better, with way more figs. However the Naboo soldire looks great, but that white droid is just pointless, I don't recall seeing it anywhere in the movie at all... The MTT itself looks rather small, this year everything is smaller appearently, the ISD, the AT-AT and than this.

(OFF: I don't know how this Lego Store does this, but they already had the 2 Chima summer exclusive sets in march :look: )

Why do people keep saying the AT AT is smaller? Where are people getting this crap from?

This could very well be the case. TLC must have had to order a large amount of brown coloring for the massive sand crawler this year and I'm guessing they must have had a crap ton of brown dye left and so we have the MTT.