CM4Sci

LEGO Minecraft Rumours & Discussion

cnet has reported that two new Minecraft sets are to be revealed today at SDCC.

High quality pictures:

The Nether

The Village

Not sure if there are going to be more in the future, but this is all I found. :classic:

-Sci

Edited by Rick
The browser still has to load the pictures even though they're in spoiler tags, so the 1024 x 768 pixel maximum still applies. Changed to links.

Look great. Though if I have to venture a guess I don't believe those are inverted cheese slopes, but rather upside down builds with normal cheese slopes on the bottom and on of these:

11203.jpg?1

on top.

Edit:

oh, you edited the inverted cheese-slopes part out of your post, making me look like I'm mumbling in myself -_-;

Edited by Zeahl

Meh. I must be blind, but where do you see the inverted cheese slope? Also, September 1st... wonder if these will come out in regular stores.

Meh. I must be blind, but where do you see the inverted cheese slope?

I think Zeahl is referring to the Ghasts in the Nether set. I'd agree that they are probably built upside down with the inverted tile capping them.

I think Zeahl is referring to the Ghasts in the Nether set. I'd agree that they are probably built upside down with the inverted tile capping them.

Oh, I didn't see Zeahl's post when I posted. Nevermind, all is explained! :blush:

Oh. I guess they are.

Still would be cool to get that. I think the same thing is going on near the back of the new Delorean. Must just be a flipped thing.

-Sci

Well, I hope they will be sold at my Lego store.

Got the first Minecraft set just this year.

These two look great too.

I also hope the price is not as high as that of the first set. 35€ especially don't look fitting for the Nether set.

From brickset.com:

COMIC-CON - LEGO announces two new Minecraft sets for 2013

Posted by Matthew, 17 Jul 2013 15:58. Filed under New sets.

tn_Minecraft_Nether_610x343_jpg.jpg

LEGO have today announced two new Minecraft sets for release on September 1st.

COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO (July 17, 2013) -- Delighting LEGO® and Minecraft fans across the globe, The LEGO Group today announced it is extending its relationship with Swedish game developer Mojang to build on the blockbuster success of its first LEGO Minecraft building set to add two new models that will be released September 1, 2013.

LEGO Minecraft provides the opportunity to build, reconfigure and create new Minecraft micro-worlds in a physical LEGO way. The two new 3"x3"x3" models, The Village and The Nether, are on display for the first time at Comic-Con International in San Diego. Fans can also enjoy and take pictures with a large interactive 3D mosaic complete with Micromob character props at the LEGO booth (#2829).

tn_Minecraft_Village_610x343_jpg.jpg

"LEGO Minecraft is a perfect example of how people's passions can be amplified when digital and physical interests are combined, and there couldn't be more synergy between the engine that drives the Minecraft gaming experience and the creative fuel of a LEGO building experience," said Michelle Wilson, senior brand manager for LEGO Systems, Inc. "We are thrilled to continue our collaboration with Mojang to create new Minecraft characters and environments in LEGO form so that fans can get as creative as they'd like in their physical world as in their digital one."

"There's no doubt about the connection between LEGO building and Minecraft -- not only the design similarities, but the immense creativity that our fan bases share," said Lydia Winters, Mojang's director of fun. "Given how well received the first model was last year, we can't wait to see what fans think of these new designs."

LEGO Minecraft New Product Highlights

The Village

With this model, fans can create and customize their own Minecraft village with LEGO bricks. Just like the game, fans can build houses, grow crops and beware the mines in their own micro-world as well as play out their own storylines with Pig, Villager and Zombie constructible Micromob figures.

The Nether

Builders can create the Minecraft Obsidian Portal and The Nether to explore the newest biome with this microscale LEGO model, complete with Netherrack, gravel, flowing lava and bedrock. This model includes two Ghasts and one Zombie Pigman constructible Micromob figures.

The new LEGO Minecraft micro-scale models can be split into four sections and reconfigured for different play experiences. They will be available beginning September 1, 2013 with a suggested retail price of $34.99.

The two minecraft sets look great, they are instant buys for me (I especially love the micro figures) :classic:

These sets look awesome, and it's awesome that a LEGO Cuusoo project has finally become a springboard for a full product line. Especially a project like Minecraft that several people thought was doomed to fail for any number of reasons!

I'm not a Minecraft player so I don't fully recognize all the creatures or settings here. But they do an excellent job keeping to the Minecraft aesthetic while standing out from the previous set in the series.

I like both the sets. The piggie is so cute! Now I guess it's a whole line. So maybe we could get more!

I think we could get:

Winter Biome

Desert Biome

The End

It's a neat idea, but I've never played minecraft before. I never even heard of it before that CUUSOO model. I did buy that one though and I may pick these up as parts packs. But $35 each might shy me away from it. Although for the actual minecraft fan, probably a good buy.

Not really excited about those sets, to be completely honest. I bought the first Minecraft set without ever having played the game because I loved the build and the box design, but it is still sitting unopened on my shelf. To me the idea of combining LEGO and MInecraft was great, but I can't really see the appeal of doing a whole line of these sets. :sceptic:

I'm surprised we haven't gotten different Steves. As an example Tennis player Steve or Tuxedo Steve. Still these sets look great and the inclusion of both the Pig and Villager is great.

They look good. Love that piggy. I don't play minecraft but set up a minecraft server for my son and his friends. I'll get them for sure.

I am not into Minecraft, but it looks like we will finally get a 1x1 dark tan tile, thank you TLG.

Morten Sonne