Sign in to follow this  
Captain Settle

Village House

I'm currently awaiting a Bricklink order, so to pass the time I made this quick house. This house was mostly made to prove you can build a house using mostly 1x1 round plates.

Front:

9283320137_b3c9fc4c49_z.jpg

Side:

9286105546_2cefc5658f_z.jpg

Back:

9286086062_5e68fa162e_z.jpg

Side:

9283313705_026c4abd2b_z.jpg

Thanks for looking, any C&C welcome.

I really like this. It is a proof of concept for a house made of 1x1 rounds. I may have to try this someday.

Thanks for this...

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Nice fence and I like the pumpkins/carrots growing in the yard :thumbup:

I think ZC was commenting on the size/shape of the building, in those ways it is rather similar to a tent, albeit in stone :wink: Making it larger (maybe two stories) and adding a few more complex architectural details: window frames, door frame, interior, gables, chimney, a non-rectangular, etc., even if you only did a few of those would make it look much more like a house. Check out some of the other GoH houses for examples.

dG makes some of my favorite small scale (so they aren't too parts consuming :wink: ) medieval houses:

His Albion pottery and weaver builds connected:

6729893625_21fd9bf651_z.jpg

They are plenty more to be found in the MOC index too :classic:

It was more a comment on the size indeed. Trying adding some more details to the windows and roof as well as increasing the size and you'll be on your way.

The roof should also overhang the walls a bit as well. Those details will help it look less like a tent.

I do like the fence and the landscaping.

Interesting proof-of-concept. You show the inherent artistic weakness in using only 1x1 round plates: the house looks like it's made of columns, and with the obvious gaps between the columns (a product of the plate design), one expects the house to collapse in on itself the moment someone bumps it. I'm not sure how this can be overcome, short of limiting the use of 1x1 round plates (which was your whole point).

Ragnar