The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

There is also a chance that the screenshot from 'some community' is fake. If i would take a few hours of time, i would also be able to come up with a screen like that which would tell us that there is a new modular every single month in 2017, just to celebrate... so, i'll keep that in mind.. . But i ofcourse hope that it is a real message!!

For those who missed out on the shot, here it is one more time! Let's hope for the best!!

29897355452_1854fd80e9_c.jpg

That's not fake! So you come up with this special LEGO Creator 10th Anniversary emblem/logo that has never been seen before and looks very professional and anything but fake? ... yeah go on ...

3 minutes ago, Emmi said:

That's not fake! So you come up with this special LEGO Creator 10th Anniversary emblem/logo that has never been seen before and looks very professional and anything but fake? ... yeah go on ...

TLG won't do it, but maybe some groups to feed the discussion or just to be 'funny' 

58 minutes ago, Emmi said:

What evidence do you have that it isn't fake?

We're all going to discuss the possibilities as if it is real, but it wouldn't be that hard to fake. The image of PC, PR and DO is the first result when I googled "Lego modular", and I do find it odd that the "10th anniversary announcement" document doesn't show the most recent set. The only thing on that document that would take more than 30 seconds to create is the logo, and even that wouldn't take very long. 

Faking that image would be trivial for someone with even a basic grasp of image editing, and the details are all wrong. No brick bank. Also, I'm not sure if this has been pointed out, but it's made in the graphic style of the old Lego website splash pages, not the newer ones. That website would've been in development for close to a year before the public saw it, bit internally all of the promotional material would've been designed with it in mind. 

On 2016. 9. 30. at 3:58 AM, Sven F said:

GBHQ is 3000 Kroner, so I guess something of that volume could be expected, I just hope it's not another "Town plan" revival set with lots of mediocre stuff in one.

Indeed. It would be a big disappointment if the next set comes in such a formation.

Only plausible thing is that Brickset listed this set .With same number and name.

Brickset never released false info before.Maybe Huw has already press release.

46 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Only plausible thing is that Brickset listed this set .With same number and name.

Brickset never released false info before.Maybe Huw has already press release.

That is an excellent remark Ondra... i forgot about that.... the fact that Brickset has it listed, is pretty convincing that the whole thing isn't fake!

The 10th Anniversary logo is relatively easy to replicate - this is what I achieved using MS Word/Photoshop and a spare half an hour:

0urvUA8.jpg

To me the page looks like its from an internal powerpoint presentation. Hence why no brick bank. I think the info combined with the Brickset listing and timing make it the best lead so far. Excitement is building. BRING IT ON

Edited by Wookiee

37 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

To me the page looks like its from an internal powerpoint presentation. Hence why no brick bank.

Why would an internal presentation not use the most up to date images and material? If anything the lack of BB is what makes me think is isn't an internal document.

Yes, the best evidence that this isn't a fake is the listing at brickset plus the listing at pricevortex ... both sites have never listed any fake set or fake information before as far as I remember. So let's be patient, press release should happen soon.

Thatfezguy over on reddit claims to have recently been a Lego employee. Supposedly he looked at the system and the first Creator release of 2017 will be £170. That works out at around 1500 Kr, so would disagree with the Asembly rumour unless there is an additional release next year. 

Obviously this is just random guy with a random bit of information, but thought I would share just in case it pans out.

24 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Thatfezguy over on reddit claims to have recently been a Lego employee. Supposedly he looked at the system and the first Creator release of 2017 will be £170. That works out at around 1500 Kr, so would disagree with the Asembly rumour unless there is an additional release next year. 

Obviously this is just random guy with a random bit of information, but thought I would share just in case it pans out.

I read that too.This price seems to be more realistic that 280 euro.

What rumours we have till this date-Inverted corner, additional baseplate, Hospital, bakery with dentist and last assembly square(But we dont know nothing about this).

So everybody can choose own modular :laugh:.

But Ondra ... this is the one listed at brickset and pricevortex ... so it must be legit.

12 minutes ago, Emmi said:

But Ondra ... this is the one listed at brickset and pricevortex ... so it must be legit.

I saw aliens in television, this must be legit too .:pir-tongue: .

10 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Brickset has listed sets with an incorrect name before. All the brickset listing (potentially) confirms is the set number itself. And the set number is just a logical progression from previous sets. 

I personally find a £170 modular more likely than a £300+ one. The idea of the modulars is that they are all compatible and interchangeable. Suddenly creating one with a different size and base shape seems odd. Just look at the Ghostbusters HQ next to a modular, it doesn't look right

I don't see why the out-of-date street line-up should be considered evidence of it being fake. After all, the more up-to-date version would be as easily accessible to the creator of a fake slide as it would be to TLG, and if they were willing to go through the effort of creating a custom logo for a fake then surely they'd be able to find and use a more up to date image. On the other hand, if it's real, the out-of-date image makes much more sense... because assuming that this is, as it appears to be, some sort of internal presentation, then it doesn't matter WHAT image was used since it was presumably not intended as advertising for the general public.

If the correct image is available to the person faking it, then really should have been available to someone working for Lego.

As for why a person faking it would use that image; it could be a lack of research into it and the fact that it is the first result on Google.

Capture.JPG

I just want to point out that compositionally, this image is very similar to the fake leaks from just a while ago - the ones with Sports, Cars and PoTC. Also in both cases, there are convenient reasons that no actual products are shown.

Some of the wording in this one strikes me as rather unprofessional, too, but maybe Lego's standards for that kind of thing aren't as high internally. Since when has D2C ever been referred to as a part of the company, with the ability to "reveal" something? D2Cs are handled by the team that works on the actual theme (Creator, Star Wars, whatever it is).

Also, the RRP is $2,699 dollars. Which is absurd, unless that somehow represents something different in a way I'm not aware of.

I'm not convinced, but I guess we'll see!

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

I personally find a £170 modular more likely than a £300+ one. The idea of the modulars is that they are all compatible and interchangeable. Suddenly creating one with a different size and base shape seems odd. Just look at the Ghostbusters HQ next to a modular, it doesn't look right

They can easily remain size compatible by using 2 * 32x32 base plates. The building itself could be n shaped with the two sides forming 16w*32h "wings", and a 32w*16h top. The remaining 32w*16h space in middle could be a public square 

A bit like the British museum: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:British_Museum_from_NE_2.JPG

I'd buy something like that in a heartbeat :)

image.jpeg

Edited by ElectroDiva
Added pic

15 minutes ago, Tazakk said:

Also, the RRP is $2,699 dollars. Which is absurd, unless that somehow represents something different in a way I'm not aware of.

As much as I think it's fake, why does everyone assume this is in dollars? Don't American's use the term MSRP instead of RRP? 

Why wouldn't it be a Kroner? TLG is not a US centred company

Edited by nikhkin

If this was indeed a 10th Anniversary Celebration modular with a $2,699 price tag, I doubt many of us will make it to that party.  I might have to choose in favor of the Roth IRA instead.  If this is a legitimate rumor, it would probably be in Kroner, which would still make it an expensive set at the conversion rates.  Therefore, this had better be worth it. 

27 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

As much as I think it's fake, why does everyone assume this is in dollars? Don't American's use the term MSRP instead of RRP? 

Why wouldn't it be a Kroner? TLG is not a US centred company

Oh, of course! That makes sense then. :laugh:

I've seen a picture of Big Foot, he was hanging out with Elvis.

Maybe we should just wait and see?

Also the US market is the biggest and most important for LEGO (I think Germany is second.), but yeah RRP means nothing in the USA.