The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

3 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

I hope it is one large building on baseplates that cover 48x32 with an extra 16x32 park beside it.. I hope that they're focusing on the building, not on the park, or square....

I hope just the opposite, a normal modular building and the rest of the bricks go in the park :wink:

A lot of "green stuff" like trees, flowers and bushes, maybe a pond and some animals to look at :pir-wub: Come on Lego give us a pigeon mould, no city park are complete without a flock!!

1 hour ago, LegoSjaak said:

Well, if thát would be true...:blush:... But i'm pretty sure, say 99,9% that this couldn't be true... haha!   If there is a square, it will be small, as TLG knows that a lot of people keep their modulars on shelves or other limited spaces....

It won't be large but who's to say where inspiration comes from, there is nothing with borrowing inspiration with pride,even though it is always going to be a smaller format due to it needing to be a retail set, it still may be packed with detail though.

greenhouse_Legoland-9_business.jpg

Searching assembly square on Google and then I found this. So perhaps it's a big building like this with other buildings onto it.

My guess is a 32x32 square with the usual decoration like a tree and statue, but also enough open space for minifigures to assemble and maybe listen to a speaker, plus a 32x32 building that would be expected at such a square. We already had a town hall, so maybe a library or post office in a (neo-)classical architecture.

Or, for a further reference to "assembly", a Lego store...

I am, let's say... 97% certain the release date is actually January 1st. Online retailers other than LEGO are allowed to sell D2Cs starting three months after official release, so if one of those retailers is the source of this news, the date would be April 1st as far as they were concerned. If I recall correctly, there was similar confusion about the Firehouse Headquarters release date around this time last year.

What about arcade shops with small park in center.Caffeteria plus several shops including lego store.Maybe few apartments upstairs.

Classic 32+32 baseplate plus additional 16x32 closing this arcade, but still possible to connect all modular buildings into block, so some kind of inverted corner building as some rumours said.

Minifigures including some buskers or speecher.

My guess: three separately usable 16x32 baseplates, including a park/plaza in one plate with some building structure in the back to make it look more "closed" and two separate 16x32 corner buildings for each side of the park/plaza. All three plates are fully attachable to other modulars as well.

I almost hate to type this, but remember it is just a rumor at this point.  It looks official, but who knows.  Not sure is anyone can really state that this is it 100%.  Things are odd, like the RRP price, the release date - most new sets hit the 1st day of the month, plus this was a page from a community is what it said, yet no one knows anything about that community or what it is.  It isn't like someone couldn't have just created it. The upper left tab at the top of the screen says Handshake of LEG...not sure if that helps to find this by others other than the Reddit screen shot.

Given that, I do hope it is true though.

Edited by Herky

13 hours ago, Jern92 said:

Perhaps it's a re-release of all 11 modulars, plus a 12th? Then they can literally be 'assembled' into a 'square', hence, assembly square.

Maybe it's $300 for all the modulars... BUT it's the micro-scale version of them.

3 hours ago, larsy said:

greenhouse_Legoland-9_business.jpg

Searching assembly square on Google and then I found this. So perhaps it's a big building like this with other buildings onto it.

Those little shops reminds me of the little shops and buildings in the non-modular Creator line.
31026-1.jpg

31036-1.jpg

31050-1.jpg

Maybe the $300 is for gold-plated technic pins to connect the above sets together?

2780.jpg

To me, the "square" itself would be an open space, either a park like structure or a concrete/stone area surrounded by buildings.  A square by itself does not sound interesting as it would be trees, benches, concrete, maybe statues and a fountain.  I probably would not be interested in that alone as a "modular" unless it had something like Chicago's Buckingham fountain.  If there is going to be a 10th anniversary special, I would expect a large building and an adjacent area that is the actual square.  "Assembly" makes me think of either a military parade ground or something like a parliament building--two entirely different things.  Indeed it is just a rumor, but an interesting one.  

41 minutes ago, madejp86 said:

So with this new set, should we expect one of the older ones to get retired this year?

Yeah, most likely the Pet Shop unless they decide to throw us another loop and retire the Palace Cinema first.

Hi Eurobrickers,

I'm new here and this is my first post. The Modulars are definitively my favorit LEGO products.  I own all of them, even an original CC. The new Modular sounds very exciting and huge! I think it will be something like the 'Nationale Assemblee' of the French Republic. It keeps assembly in Palais Bourbon in Paris, France. See picture attached. Actually I hope it's like this because The People of Minifigures need a democratic elected government! Maybe even a new President (with strange hair)!

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, LightningInc said:

Hi Eurobrickers,

I'm new here and this is my first post. The Modulars are definitively my favorit LEGO products.  I own all of them, even an original CC. The new Modular sounds very exciting and huge! I think it will be something like the 'Nationale Assemblee' of the French Republic. It keeps assembly in Palais Bourbon in Paris, France. See picture attached. Actually I hope it's like this because The People of Minifigures need a democratic elected government! Maybe even a new President (with strange hair)!

image.jpeg

Welcome to Eurobricks, LightningInc! I'm not sure if the building will necessarily be a big governmental building, since we already have the Town Hall, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it draw cues from buildings like those, since they usually open onto a square or plaza. Personally, I hope/think it'll look somewhat similar to Hemming Plaza in downtown Jacksonville, Florida: 

Hemming-Park.jpg

Perhaps the free Creator fountain earlier this year was made to be a companion to this, much like the flower cart was to the detective's office? In which case we might not be getting a fountain (though I think it's almost necessary).

1 hour ago, madejp86 said:

So with this new set, should we expect one of the older ones to get retired this year?

It got buried under the posts that followed, but I mentioned several pages ago that the Korean S@H had the Pet Shop and the Sydney Opera House listed as retiring soon, so yes, it seems like it. 

11 hours ago, nikhkin said:

Wednesday 4th January 2017. Seems a perfectly good date to me.

1 January is a Sunday.  Which means means that 2 January is the "official" workday holiday (at least in the US).  If you figure Tuesday is the first "regular" day and people are just getting back to work, then Wednesday, 4 January, is going to be the first real "productive" day of 2017.  So that day makes sense to me, too.

19 hours ago, NotTheSinger said:

Maybe it could be 3 16x32 baseplates with the center 16x32 used as a park/outdoor space? 

Heres how i squeezed a small 16x32 plaza into my shelf depth display, maybe something like this could work but doesnt leave much space for "assembling"

http://29943533501_79deae695b_c.jpgUntitled by PastVPresent, on Flickr

17 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I'm with NotTheSinger on this one. It would be nice if there was a building shaped kind of like a "U" upside down when looked at from above. In the center there would be a nice little park while still having a pushed-back building to surround it.

In any case, really excited for any leaks or more info.

YES EXACTLY! This way- any modulars can attach to the sides.

What I see, is their first (and probably last) chance they have to do buildings that follow one style. If I were them, I'd do a square filled with IDK, Gothic Buildings, or brightly-coloured Italian Townhouses

I have hopes that this ultimate modular will be like the creator expert train of many moons ago that came with multiple instructions for various models. You couldn't build them all at once but all the parts were provided. Imagine that in a modular, it would certainly drive people to multiple purchases.

What a great news, agree, hope ultimate does not stand for last one.

Already the title sounds great, Assembly Square, whatever it will be I guess it will go beyond my expectations..

The fact that TLG will (as assumed) celebrate the 10th anniversary makes me feel pretty sure they will surprise us..

Personally, I tend to think, like said before, that it could be a U shape type of building(s)

Edited by SwissBrick

So curious to see what they designed already. Ive been looking at pictures on google and I like on that i saw that it was a tall long building where all the first floors were different business and the upper floors where living space and with a park in front of the building. It was really nice.