The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

If its a reference to Peter pan I'm guessing that we could be getting a hospital as Peter pans rights are owned by St Ormand street hospital London 

Alternately a garage could be on the horizon with it being a ref to chitty chitty bang bang. 

If its a reference to Peter pan I'm guessing that we could be getting a hospital as Peter pans rights are owned by St Ormand street hospital London 

Alternately a garage could be on the horizon with it being a ref to chitty chitty bang bang. 

On September 24, 2016 at 1:01 AM, Vodnik said:

"You can fly" WAS LAST YEAR CLUE, NOT CURRENT!!!!! It was posted in September 2015 and referred to the Big Ben.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NEXT MODULAR BUILDING.

Here's a detailed summary of everything we know, to help those who keep misinterpreting old quotes:

• It is probably a linear building, because that fits the pattern we've been seeing since the start of the modulars.
  • It might relate to a civil service of some sort based on a similar, but less coherent pattern, and if you consider a private detective a close enough analogue for a police station
  • There was a rumour ages ago of a (terrible, in my opinion) inverted corner

So basically, we have no idea.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

@CM4Sci has now killer whale as the profile pic, and that has got to be hint for something, but I don't know what 

Could this be a clue for the next modular?

Maybe an aquarium? :sceptic:

I'd be down for that. It would have to have a very interesting design to work, though.

5 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

By all means, I wouldn't call a kitchen and a toilet an apartment :classic:

In New York an apartment would be much smaller than a kitchen, and it wouldn't even have a kitchen. :laugh:

Preeeetty sure that killer whale is a reference to something else entirely and has nothing to do with the modular.

3 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Preeeetty sure that killer whale is a reference to something else entirely and has nothing to do with the modular.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess: Series 17 Whale Guy?

Interesting speculation at brick picker is for a hospital but it does not seem to be getting much of a run here. Although four stories would be far fetched on the current trends,probably more like wishful thinking.

Can't buy a Brick Bank Modular here in Australia, still waiting for one to me made available in a shop. And you guys are talking up the next one. Wish Lego would stop doing deals with retailers for exclusive content, who won't actually carry enough of the item for it to be on the shelf, but choose to have the exclusive to stop other retailers having that item.

57 minutes ago, Adamskii said:

Can't buy a Brick Bank Modular here in Australia, still waiting for one to me made available in a shop. 

Myer can do an iPad order for you and will transfer an item from another store. Or, if you can't visit a Myer store, it has been available on the Myer online store from time to time and it will be again. I recommend following the Lego thread on the whirlpool forums (under the Lifestyle section) for current news about availability, sales, etc. The Brick Bank is also currently available on the Lego Australia store and would qualify for free shipping as it's over $200 (if you're willing to pay RRP).

There it is - only way to buy it is online. Myers has exclusively wrapped this one up and unless I can hold in my hands first before coughing up RRP, I will let it pass and take the less risky option and buy the clone version.  The other year when the Horizon Express was released, The LEgo shop in Adelaide (toy Corner) which exclusively stocks Lego, had an order of 20 or 40 or something units, but Myers did a deal with Lego to have exclusive rights to distribute and Lego pulled their stock delivery from the independant. That summer Myers had exclusive Horizon Express and no price competition. The more expensive kits, especially the Modulars are continually a problem in the AUstralian Market, The kits are very hard to come by unless you stand in line at midnight sales and run to the right aisle and find one during a Xmas toy sale, and then they have no competitive prices due to the exclusive deals they do (pretty much all the big stuff over $150). Even then we have to wait sometimes 6 - 10 months after the European release to see the kits here in Australia! The exception being Wall E which was released here before USA. I wish Lego would fix up its distribution channels because while it is a good product, I just cannot get to hold one to buy it ! 

1 hour ago, Adamskii said:

There it is - only way to buy it is online. Myers has exclusively wrapped this one up and unless I can hold in my hands first before coughing up RRP, I will let it pass and take the less risky option and buy the clone version. 

So, you're concerned about the box? That's why you need to buy it in person? Myer has a generous return policy. If you do an iPad order and, once delivered, you don't like the condition of the box you could return it. I think Lego Australia even do exchanges if the box is damaged, but it might be best to double check their exchange policy before you order.

As mentioned, try following the Lego thread at the Whirlpool forums. I purchased the Brick Bank for 30% off at Myer. It's a great thread to follow for information about sales, stock availability, etc. I've never stood in line at mignight - I just buy online or if it's not available, I ask them to do an iPad order and transfer from another store with stock. With something like the Brick Bank, that shouldn't be too difficult for Myer. Good luck! 

42 minutes ago, Agent 86 said:

So, you're concerned about the box? That's why you need to buy it in person? Myer has a generous return policy. If you do an iPad order and, once delivered, you don't like the condition of the box you could return it. I think Lego Australia even do exchanges if the box is damaged, but it might be best to double check their exchange policy before you order.

As mentioned, try following the Lego thread at the Whirlpool forums. I purchased the Brick Bank for 30% off at Myer. It's a great thread to follow for information about sales, stock availability, etc. I've never stood in line at mignight - I just buy online or if it's not available, I ask them to do an iPad order and transfer from another store with stock. With something like the Brick Bank, that shouldn't be too difficult for Myer. Good luck! 

Went to Myer website - oops its not available. Good thing they have the exclusive so now I cannot buy it in Australia. Not even listed as out of stock, Clearly Lego doesn't want me to buy this kit. They have numerous toy stores, independents and 3 other department chains that they could put it in, But choose to use a distributor that doesn't want to carry it. Buying form Lego direct online sort of encourages them to play this game. I am sure there are numerous ones on ebay at nicely inflated prices being sold by people who never intended to build the kit and ran out of space but rather take advantage of the geographically isolated. 

13 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Gonna go out on a limb and guess: Series 17 Whale Guy?

My first thought would be a killer whale but I don't think LEGO would want something that seems to promote the captivity of whales at seaparks, given the recent controversy and outrage.

Edited by badbob001

24 minutes ago, badbob001 said:

My first thought would be a killer whale but I don't think LEGO would want something that seems to promote the captivity of whales at seaparks, given the recent controversy and outrage.

You are looking WAY TOO DEEP into this man. 

20 hours ago, Adamskii said:

Can't buy a Brick Bank Modular here in Australia, still waiting for one to me made available in a shop. And you guys are talking up the next one. Wish Lego would stop doing deals with retailers for exclusive content, who won't actually carry enough of the item for it to be on the shelf, but choose to have the exclusive to stop other retailers having that item.

It seems to me like you are choosing not to get one. It's available on the Lego online store in Australia right now. Don't blame us for speculating when you have every opportunity to order it direct from Lego yourself.

22 hours ago, Adamskii said:

I have to disagree. I bought mine at 30% off at Myer in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday at the end of a couple weeks of it being in stock at the discounted rate.  I agree with others that you are choosing /making excuses not to buy or so you can beat a drum.

The reason Myer don't range it all the time is because no one buys it from them at full price and because of the high value it ties up in cash hence why they run out of stock .They run the 30% off sale at the end of the initial sale period to clear out as much inventory as possible and do this at the end of each major toy sale event. If you want a case study as to what happens if you don't have good cash flow have a look at Dick Smith.

There is a pattern if you don't want to pay full price and that is it is exclusive with Lego online for 6 months,soon to be available at the only lego store in Australia next year as well at RRP (Dreamworld on the Gold Coast). Myer will range for the mid year toy sale and then again around in November in time for the Christmas sales. In my area Myers stock levels have been increasing all the time and you don't have to line up like you used to to rush in early to get the three sets they may order. All in all i cannot blame Myer for their behavior as to me it make complete business sense to behave in this manor. No retailer wants dead stock sitting on the shelf as it hinders investment in the business and new stock.

I have bought 3 brick banks from Myer in store over time in Adelaide. It is available if you really want it.

I didn't see it posted here yet, so FWIW, the Korean S@H has the Pet Shop (and Sydney Opera House) listed as retiring soon... This might really be it for the PS's run, finally.

40 minutes ago, danimarroquin said:

The best 3 options for a modular : 

1. Modular police station 

2. Modular airport 

3 . Modular train station 

I don't see an Airport, as it would not fit with the downtown motif. I am also against a train station, because there is nowhere for the tracks to run with the other buildings. Police station seems redundant to the Detective Office,

Steve