Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2014 - Information Topic

Eurobricks Event 2014

Billund Denmark

The one stop place for all your event info!

1/ Where, when, what:

Get ready for our the 10th Eurobricks event, at the heart of the LEGO universe: Billund, Denmark.

The event is Thursday 8th of May, Friday 9th of May and Saturday 10th of May, so most of us will arrive on Wednesday late afternoon and go travel back on Sunday morning.

The program will be interesting as always!

2/ Accommodation

We stay in comfortable wooden chalets in the lovely Billund Camping near a lake at 5 min walk from LEGO. For those who want to share a chalet, we'll take the L5-chalets which all have living room/kitchen, a bathroom (shower/toilet), and 2 bed rooms (one with 2 box mattresses and one with a cot and one bunk bed (two beds over/under each other)), so 5 beds per chalet.

The camping has available 18 L5-chalets which are pre-booked for Eurobricks till 31st of December 2013.

Prices:

The camping was taken over by Merlin early this year and they will renovate all the chalets. The chalets will get a 'LEGO makover', but that also means prices for 2014 are a bit higher compared to our event of 2012.

• Chalet (L5): 1095 DKK/night (note: all the L5 chalets have a bathroom)
  • Camping card (one needed per chalet): 110 DKK
  • Breakfast: 80 DKK/day (optional, but I assume everyone will want breakfast) - Children (3 - 12 years incl.) 40 DKK/day
  • Bed Linen & Towels: 75 DKK/Per Person (optional, you can also bring this yourself)

I've added an example a bit later in this post so you'll see how to calculate your total cost for the stay.

IMPORTANT: we have a deal with the camping to have 1x the buffet dinner in their restaurant and in return they give us unlimited access to a private conference room. We'll use this room for the evening activities (and possibly some activities during the day). The price for the buffet dinner is 198,00 DKK (~27 Euro) while Children 3-12y pay 99,00 DKK (~13 Euro). By signing up to the event you agree to join the group buffet dinner at the camping restaurant on Saturday 10th of May. Also note that all drinks consumed inside the conference room have to be bought from the bar of the camping.

Booking and payment:

We'll do this again in a decentralized way. Per chalet one person needs to be the 'chalet responsible'. This person will collect the money from the other people in the chalet and will be responsible for the booking and payment of the chalet to the camping. Payment is to be done shortly after booking (the chalet responsible pays directly to the camping, not to us!).

Each 'chalet responsible' should send an e-mail to the Camping containing: name, address, telephone number, how many persons there are in the chalet, the type of chalet (=L5-Chalet) and refer to "Booking # 73585 - Eurobricks Event 2014". Also state the number of people in your chalet who want to hire bedlinen/towels and take breakfast. The camping will send back a confirmation of the reservation and a link for online payment.

Chalet responsible:

We'll work out who'll be the chalet responsibles in the sign-up topic. Please indicated in the sign-up thread if you'd be OK to be a chalet responsible or rather not. We prefer people who already came to past events to take the role of chalet responsible over people who we've never met before. Also in the sign-up topic you can work out with whom you'd like to share a chalet.

If you become chalet responsible you should get in touch with the other people in your chalet (by Personal Messenger) and give instructions on how they can send you the money. Once you have collected all the money you can make the reservation and payment to the camping. Ultimately it's up to you as chalet responsible how you do this, as long as you agree with the people in your chalet.

If you come with your family and would like an entire chalet you will of course be your own chalet responsible.

To make life easy I've made an example email for booking a chalet with the camping. Find it below in this post.

Address and Contact:

Billund FDM Camping

Ellehammers Allé 2

DK-7190 Billund

Tel.: +45 75 33 27 77

E-mail: info@LEGOLAND-Village.dk

Website

3/ Sign-up for the event:

You can sign up for the event here.

4/ Some examples:

Example calculation of the total cost for your stay (assuming a full chalet):

I'll take myself as an example:

I'll stay the entire event, so 4 nights, in a chalet with 4 other people (so full chalet, 5 people in total), that makes (1095 DKK x 4)/5 = 876 DKK. I'll also take breakfast each day, making the total 876 DKK + (80 x 4) = 1196 DKK. Also I'll take the bedlinen and towels, so 1196 DKK + 75 DKK = 1271 DKK. Now I only need to pay my share of the camping card (one needed per chalet), so 1271 DKK + (110 /5) = 1293 DKK

So my grand total 1293 DKK, or after conversion (using xe.com) that makes roughly 175 EUR per person.

Example email for booking a chalet (only for 'chalet responsibles'):

To: info@LEGOLAND-Village.dk

Title: Booking # 73585 - Eurobricks Event 2014

Dear,

I'd like to book a L5-chalet for the Eurobricks LEGO event 2014. We will arrive late afternoon Wednesday 7th of May and leave on the morning of Sunday 11th of May, so 4 nights in total. There will be a total of 5 persons in the chalet. All 5 of us take breakfast and bedlinen/towels. We'll pay everything in advance, so please send me the total bill (including chalet, breakfast, bedlinen/towels and one camping card).

My contact info:

Joe Smith

Forestlane 210, 3020 UK

Mobile: +49-45.66.44

Best Regards,

Joe

Here are a few pictures to give you an impression of the place where we'll stay:

billund-fdm-camping-dk_6786957_500.jpg

6786958.jpg

2559614.jpg

a-great-day-at-legoland.jpg

I'm hoping to go...

Possibly do a trip around Europe as well... but it's also somewhat close to BW... that's prime/panic building season!

Thanks, Boney! Looks great!

Small favor to ask: Could you arrange for weather like we had in Gunzburg?

I can't wait either!! :D It's going to be so much fun, fingers crossed it will all work out job/leave wise...

That's great. I'm considering myself going (again). It's a bit weird, as I don't know what I'll be doing in a year from now, but I think there won't be problems with taking few days off.

Count me in!

I just need to figure if I will take my family and take whole chalet for us or I will come with some other slovenian mamber like this year.

An EB event in Billund, that's just around the corner for me - maybe I should save the date.

MAYBE???? !!!!

Hahahaha! Only about 800 other EBers would like to be able to casually "drop in" to EB 2014 in Billund! Let's hope that they don't read about your "maybe"....!

See you there...maybe?

Hahahaha! Only about 800 other EBers would like to be able to casually "drop in" to EB 2014 in Billund! Let's hope that they don't read about your "maybe"....!

See you there...maybe?

Around the corner means ~101km/~62 miles, but still around the corner cause it's in Denmark.

But I'm very tempted, cause it would be cool to meet other EB-members :classic:

I'm in! Sounds great! I'll see if I can convince my girlfriend to join in the fun.

Around the corner means ~101km/~62 miles, but still around the corner cause it's in Denmark.

But I'm very tempted, cause it would be cool to meet other EB-members :classic:

So you are shifting from "maybe" towards "very tempted?"

And you don't even have to climb a steep mountain (if Denmark is as flat as it was thirty years ago during my last visit) to get there?

Sounds like it is time to start serious physical training with only ten months remaining. But please note that there is no way in heck you will be able to hike or ride your bike home and carry all the bricks you will buy at EB2014.

So you are shifting from "maybe" towards "very tempted?"

And you don't even have to climb a steep mountain (if Denmark is as flat as it was thirty years ago during my last visit) to get there?

Sounds like it is time to start serious physical training with only ten months remaining. But please note that there is no way in heck you will be able to hike or ride your bike home and carry all the bricks you will buy at EB2014.

correct, I'm tempted and yes Denmark is flat as a pancake, no mountains at all.

I am IN! So looking forward to the next event!

I can't wait either!! :D It's going to be so much fun, fingers crossed it will all work out job/leave wise...

Fingers crossed! Also: If you're going and want a ride, I'll go by car to Billund with my mom.

I'll pack my bags now! dang the waiting.................... :sick:

Fingers crossed! Also: If you're going and want a ride, I'll go by car to Billund with my mom.

could I register for a lift?

Aaah, wish I could reserve a lift in the Rollimobile, too :D But I think I won't be in the south any more next year. Are you passing through Hamburg? :D

could I register for a lift?

Sure, why not? :)

Aaah, wish I could reserve a lift in the Rollimobile, too :D But I think I won't be in the south any more next year. Are you passing through Hamburg? :D

I guess its inevitable to cross Hamburg on the way to Billund - more or less ;) (No Munich for you next year? Sad. But that gives another reason to visit Hamburg :D )

Edited by Rolli

The best thing of this one is the ease of getting from the airport to the camp site!

Uhm, while I agree that is nice I don't think it's the best thing, the best thing about Billund is rather all the cool stuff we get to do because we're in the heart of LEGO. (and the best thing about Eurobricks Events in general is clearly the people, everything else comes second).

I agree with Quarry. There's a lot to do and see in Billund, but the first reason for me joining an EB event is the people. My best EB event ever was 2 years ago in Windsor because of all the nice people, interesting talks, exchange of idea's, talks about our beloved hobby, etc. Also this years event in Gunzburg was very nice (I'll put it at the 2nd spot of best EB event ever), even when in Gunzburg is not close to Billund when it concerns pure LEGO stuff. In the first place our events are about the finest LEGO community: Eurobricks.com. For the next events I want to put more focus on Eurobricks. For example, have some workshops around our community, Brainstorm on idea's for the future, etc.

I guess its inevitable to cross Hamburg on the way to Billund - more or less ;) (No Munich for you next year? Sad. But that gives another reason to visit Hamburg :D )

Awesome :) You won't have to drive through the city, I live outside of Hamburg and close to the motorway to Denmark. Then you can all take a driving break at my place, too, before heading further north.

Unfortunately it doesn't look good for a new contract in Munich for me after my traineeship. We'll see where the job hunt takes me... but honestly I hope it will be homewards. I'll keep you posted!

Edited by Miss Kyle