Sign in to follow this  
Brickscape

MOC: Classic Castle Stable

I got really lucky a few weeks back and found an almost complete Guarded Inn at a local thrift store. Finding that set inspired me to build my first classic castle MOC. With all of the horses in the theme there really needs to be a stable, so that's what I built. I tried to work within the constraints of the original sets using only colors and parts that would have been used at the time...

9223463085_e067e678b1.jpg

Front view without minifigs...

9223463197_b9f2a01ccf.jpg

Side and back views...

9223463291_d9e0429b7c.jpg

9223463423_bb0a3de7c8.jpg

9223463555_77fdc48ff0.jpg

And, since it's modular like all good classic castle sets, here it is connected to the Guarded Inn...

9223463677_d82ffc3aca.jpg

Excellent work on maintaining the look and feel of the CC sets. It fits in so well with Guarded Inn.

You definitely achieved the classic castle look :thumbup: I like the hay cart and bales. The opening doors to the stable are great as well :classic:

Thanks to all for the comments. I'm glad you think it looks like it belongs in the classic castle theme.

...and congrats on finding the Guarded Inn!

I've always wanted that set but never thought I'd get one. I found almost everything minus the minifigs and a few pieces that were easily pulled out of my spare parts collection. I was definitely thrilled to get my hands on it and can understand why it's considered one of the best classic castle sets.

You definitely achieved the classic castle look :thumbup: I like the hay cart and bales. The opening doors to the stable are great as well :classic:

I love the little cart, too, and think it really makes the set.

nice job, could even go for an original set from that era!!!

A very good redition of late 80's classic castle, you've captured the style and spirit very well.

My personal feeling is that the arch across the front is a bit low and wide. Medieval builder couldn't build flat arches, all their arches were either tall and pointy or segments of circles.

I've only just noticed the handcart, I particularly like that detail.

For those partial to classic 80's castle follow the link below to my MOCPages gallery or track down the Moc threads that Ive started.

Edited by The_Cook

This looks great, and it really goes well with the Guarded Inn. I love seeing these retro MOCs that look like they could have been actual sets from the '80s, like the ones The_Cook linked to above. Is there a thread on these boards, or some other source, that keeps track of this genre of MOCs? Classic-castle.com has some very impressive MOCs, but they don't capture the nostalgic like this stable, or The_Cook's creations do.

Is there a thread on these boards, or some other source, that keeps track of this genre of MOCs?

I'm not aware of any thread. If there were; I'd be posting there! :wink: