Sandy

Heroica RPG Rules & FAQ

I noticed something about an item description that is off. (But I think it is not a big deal because everyone should know what it really means.) 

The Unholy Armor (in the marketplace and a few other places) states that it is suitable for Paddlins and Dark Knights, but it should be for Black Knights. (Since their is no Dark Knights in this game.) 

This a out of blue question, but is it alright to use Dulpo animals for some stuff. I know the Dulpo people are use for "giants". I figured it would be a similar thing. 

5 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

This a out of blue question, but is it alright to use Dulpo animals for some stuff. I know the Dulpo people are use for "giants". I figured it would be a similar thing. 

Don't see why not.  Go for it.

As long as it is not Galidor, I think we're fine. 

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

As long as it is not MegaBlocks, I think we're fine. 

Their I fixed it for you. :laugh: 

I was thinking making some sort of magical or cosmic animals. It is still kinda early for any thing solid. All I got is half a battle in my head I don't have a story to go with it. 

18 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Their I fixed it for you. :laugh: 

I was thinking making some sort of magical or cosmic animals. It is still kinda early for any thing solid. All I got is half a battle in my head I don't have a story to go with it. 

That's still a start.:thumbup:

I know it has been hotly debated, but I cant find any answers.  Does using a bomb count as Targeting in regards to free hits?

13 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

I know it has been hotly debated, but I cant find any answers.  Does using a bomb count as Targeting in regards to free hits?

Last I remembered, the answer was no.

55 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Not debated at all.  It's in the FAQ:

On 7/5/2013 at 6:00 AM, Sandy said:

Battles:

Q: Does using an item such as a bomb or a scroll on an enemy negate its Free Hit?

A: No, it does not. Items are not actual attacks, so the enemy is not "locked in a duel" like it is with normal attacks. That's why it is free to attack the heroes at the end of the round.

14 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

Not debated at all.  It's in the FAQ:

Ok so maybe I exaggerated the questions a little.  :wink:

25 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Ok so maybe I exaggerated the questions a little.  :wink:

Just a skosh. :laugh:

How well would these items / upgrades work. (I am thinking I might have to edit the "magnifying glass" one a little bit.) 

Snipping Telescope (Can be attached to Bows, Crossbows, & hand-cannons like a Gem to make rolls of "four" become "three", user has to add *Snipping* to weapon description; "tool" Allows the user to see far.) 

Clip on Magnifying Glass ("tool" Allows the user to see trap triggers. Can be attached to headwear like a gem for automatic trap detection.) 

15 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

How well would these items / upgrades work. (I am thinking I might have to edit the "magnifying glass" one a little bit.) 

Snipping Telescope (Can be attached to Bows, Crossbows, & hand-cannons like a Gem to make rolls of "four" become "three", user has to add *Snipping* to weapon description; "tool" Allows the user to see far.) 

Clip on Magnifying Glass ("tool" Allows the user to see trap triggers. Can be attached to headwear like a gem for automatic trap detection.) 

I honestly do not remember the last time traps have been used in a quest. :shrug_confused: The sniping telescope is... interesting. I'd probably allow it to be used in place of a gem, instead of using both it and a gem, to balance it out a little bit. 

54 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

I honestly do not remember the last time traps have been used in a quest. :shrug_confused: The sniping telescope is... interesting. I'd probably allow it to be used in place of a gem, instead of using both it and a gem, to balance it out a little bit. 

So you're saying someone should put traps in a quest since nobody's expecting them anymore. :devil:  I think making it headgear could be cool, so a person would have automatic trap detection, but they may have to spend the first turn of combat switching headgear if there is a surprise encounter.  Allowing someone to add it to their headgear would only make traps somewhat pointless.

An add on scope could be cool on hand-cannons and crossbows (not quite sure how a scope would work on a bow), though as Kintobor points out.  Upgrades always have the potential to become unexpectedly powerful since you can combine them with other weapon effects and other upgrades to make ultimate weapons.

23 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Thinking about a little more I might have to change the wording on both of the items. 

7 hours ago, Kintobor said:

The sniping telescope is... interesting. I'd probably allow it to be used in place of a gem, instead of using both it and a gem, to balance it out a little bit. 

I my head, I am imagining the items are going to get soldered on to the weapon / headwear at the Smith's shop. And they are going to charge you 50 Gold to do that, and if you want to take it off they charge you another 50 Gold, and so on and so on... 

6 hours ago, joeshmoe554 said:

I think making it headgear could be cool, so a person would have automatic trap detection, but they may have to spend the first turn of combat switching headgear if there is a surprise encounter. 

(not quite sure how a scope would work on a bow), 

Wouldn't a surprise encounter be a trap? 

For a bow their is a sighting system you can attach to a bow. Of course it looks more like colorful tip pegs. (I'm not sure exactly how to use it. And if you didn't know what it was you might be scratching your head.) 

I might as well ask this. Besides trap detection, what else does a  "Magnifying Glass" get used for? (I had a little bit of trouble coming up with something for this one.) 

While I'm at it here is the other "tool upgrades" I came up with... 

Transforming Pickaxe (WP: 5; "tool" Allows the user to dig through a breakable wall or obstacle; Longsword / Axe) 

Transforming Shovel (WP: 5; "tool" Allows the user to dig the ground in search of a treasure; Spear / Halberd) 

Electrical Magic Compass (Accessory; user absorbs Lightning - Elemental; "tool" Allows the user to know the right direction to go.)

Not sure if it's extremely necessary for tools to cross over into the weapon/artifact zones.:shrug_confused:

13 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Not sure if it's extremely necessary for tools to cross over into the weapon/artifact zones.:shrug_confused:

Probably not, but I was inspired by a Minecraft toy. The transforming pickaxe it would turn into a sword and back to a pickaxe. And their is the LEGO Minecraft sets with those two items, so I just put two and two together. 

Um, This may seem like a dumb question but I've already wasted a couple of hours or so searching the forums.

I can't seem to find the rules for this game, there is the 'Index' thread with it's broken pictures and links and the FAQ and the Heroica Halls but nothing listing class types and abilities or basic rules of how to play. Like combat, character creation, turn order, etc.

So, to my question; Am I completely stupid and have missed the rules somewhere? If so, would someone be so kind as to direct me to the thread?

Cheers in advance.

1 hour ago, runnybabbit223 said:

Um, This may seem like a dumb question but I've already wasted a couple of hours or so searching the forums.

I can't seem to find the rules for this game, there is the 'Index' thread with it's broken pictures and links and the FAQ and the Heroica Halls but nothing listing class types and abilities or basic rules of how to play. Like combat, character creation, turn order, etc.

So, to my question; Am I completely stupid and have missed the rules somewhere? If so, would someone be so kind as to direct me to the thread?

Cheers in advance.

Not a dumb question, it looks like the old moderator, Sandy's, pictures are now unavailable. I've gone ahead and posted a text version of the rules at the beginning of this topic. You can also find more here at the Heroica RPG wiki.

As a heads up, the game is unfortunately wrapping up. There will be one last quest to cap the several years the game has existed. Something may eventually take it's place, but it may be a while. Thanks for your interest though. :classic:

On 11/3/2017 at 7:24 PM, runnybabbit223 said:

Ah, that's disappointing. Oh well, thanks for the help. I'll keep my eye out for whatever may replace this. 

keep am eye open for whatever we come up with next.