alois

Dark red brick town house

As an addition to my Lego street I recently built a small modular town house, with many dark red 1x2 plates in the facade. This is how it turned out:

9195305784_437dedb3cb_z.jpg

9192510875_e39e86f8f7_z.jpg

9195303162_f03634750a_z.jpg

There is no interior (yet).The colour olive green isn't very realistiv for a roof, but I liked the combination of colours. More on my flickr-page.

That looks great! I really like the SNOT work on the front and the arches over the windows (although I can't quite work out what's holding them in place. How have you done that?).

The colour combination works well and I like the Olive Green roof, but that's a lot of 1x tiles to have placed individually!

It's a great addition to Steenstraat - thanks for sharing it with us!

I can't quite work out what's holding them in place. How have you done that?

The dbg plate in the middle is actually a 2x2 corner plate with its upper arm backwards attached to a headlight brick. At first I had the arches just placed there without attaching them, but they kept falling out.

The dbg plate in the middle is actually a 2x2 corner plate with its upper arm backwards attached to a headlight brick. At first I had the arches just placed there without attaching them, but they kept falling out.

That's a clever solution - I may have to 'borrow' that idea... :classic:

I love the effect of the exposed stud work and fanning of plates above the windows to form arches.......excellent designing there 'alois' and Brick On ! :grin:

this is really beautiful. I really like the olive cheese slopes as the roof and i love the snot work and German flag in the front. One of my favorites by far. Well done! :)

Great job 'alois' and I agree with with 'rubberninja' above, the olive cheese slopes looks great as the roof-looks better than the traditional roof pieces in my opinion. I wonder what the flag is, Germany or Belgium :look: . Anyway keep up the good work :wink:

The flag would probably look better if it was made of 3 1x2 plates, though, that would be a very little flag. 6 1x3 plates (2 of each color) would be better proportioned, and have a more accurate aspect ratio. Instead of the top and bottom 1x3 plates, use a 1x1 plate with clip + a 1x2 plate, so it can be attach to the pole.

And, like Dat Lego asked, is it Germany or Belgium?

This looks great! I love the cheese slope roof and the olive green works well with the dark red. Maybe you can assume its copper plated? I also like the use of the inverse arches for the front stairs and how you've done the plate arches above the windows.

Great looking modular alois. The colors are very nice especially with the technique used above the windows, very unique. I really like how you took the extra time to build it with plates to give it a better scaled brick look. Very well done :classic:

Great looking build, 'alois'! As everyone has already mentioned, those arches above the windows look amazing, and I really like the roof. That 1/2 stud offset combined with SNOT technique works magic. It's simple, but very nice looking

I love your MOC: nice color scheme!!! The style changes from what we usually see! Good job!

The only little little thing that I dislike is thoose slopes over windows. Maybe in darkred it could be better!!!

This is a lovely building :wub: I too enjoy the plate design above the windows, very clever! And you've inspired me to make a MOC with plates on the façade, so thank you for that too :sweet:

Well done and happy building :laugh:

I agree with the others. The colour combination of the house is very nice and the details are stunning. The use of dark red plates gives it a very genuine appearance of a brick facade. The arches are also great and the gaps around them are not disruptive at all. Snoted cheese slopes for roof are also very clever idea - I might use that technique too. :classic:

I wonder what the flag is, Germany or Belgium :look: .

As the flags are usually hung with their shorter sides to the pole, I would say Belgium. :classic:

I spotted this fine house couple days ago, but never had enough time to write my thought on it. Actually, it's just the kind I like the most. Looking pretty simple with a few extra details really standing out. The plates above the windows are perfect, and attract all the attention. The roof in olive green looks perfectly fine, and the used of cheese was a great idea. The color scheme is well planed in somewhat muted colors. All in all, it's a lovely residential building, so congrats on the fine build. :thumbup:

Nice!

I especially like the olive-green (?) roof. Simple but very effective!

I wish you could rid of some of the gaps (around the windows) on the facade, though...

Wow...just outstanding in all respects!

The olive green roof is amazing. The window details are stunning, too.

The use of tiles gives it a very finished look.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Very nice details. My only critique is the stud showing under the 1x3 slope, it just looks a little off with that. My .02 cents for what it is worth.

I didn't quite figured out. It is possible to see a picture?

Great looking house there alois. Love the colors. Great job there on the window arces. Love the "Stoep" in front of the house too.

Fantastic building. Of course the arches above the windows are the eye-catchers here. But the building as a whole is really nice.

I wish you could rid of some of the gaps (around the windows) on the facade, though...
My only critique is the stud showing under the 1x3 slope, it just looks a little off with that.

While I agree with both critiques, I can't figure out how to solve this without the use of a saw...

I didn't quite figured out. It is possible to see a picture?

Maybe this picture will clarify things for you (don't mind the minifigs, my five year old daughter put them there):

9209098703_edfba20826_z.jpg