Sign in to follow this  
Vindicare

Print-A-Brick

I was at local toy/comic convention this morning and came across this booth. The guy prints on bricks whatever picture you'd like. I instantly thought of town layouts. Street signs, freeway signs, billboards.

What you do is email him a picture of whatever you want printed and he then sends them to you.

printabrick.com

Great find! No to get parts for a TARDIS and get the proper printing.

Andy D

Good to see another printer out there to add to the slew. I wonder how far he goes with requests.

-Omi

Interesting news. Thanks for sharing, Legocrazy81.

Just to have a better understanding, do you have tried first hand/heard any feedback on his work and schedule?

I see that the topic was moved to "Minifig Customisation Workshop", luckily I saw it from the general forum, as I would never look into minifig-related section for printing on tiles...

What you do is email him a picture of whatever you want printed and he then sends them to you.

That could be interesting, but on the bricklink page I do not see info about that, they do not mentions custom printings or costs linked to that.

Here's the response I got from this seller when I asked if they printed on figures. It's pretty much what I expected, an annoyingly high setup cost that makes this suitable for mass producing 1 print, not OOAK figs.

For example, if you want to pad print a Superman logo on a chest (you supply the parts), that requires yellow/red/black (3 colors, 1 location), which is $150 for setup. Then each chest print would only cost you $1.50, which is awesome, but that would be $151.50 to print one figure, which sucks. Of course, say you get 10 chest printed, that's $155 for 10 chest prints, so they're like $15.50 a pop. If you get 20, they're only like $8 a pop, etc., great for army building of course.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us about our Print-A-Brick program. We print hundreds of figs every month. We have digital and pad printing available. The easiest way to get pricing is to send me a design in vector format. Otherwise, here is our basic price structure:

Pad Printing:

Setup - $50 per color/location

Printing - $.50 per color/location

Minimum Print Charge - $50 per color/location

Digital Printing:

Setup - $30 per location

Printing - $.50 per location

Minimum Print Charge - $50 total

Minifigures have 10 printable Locations:

• Front
  • Back
  • Right Side Leg
  • Left Side Leg
  • Right Side Torso
  • Left Side Torso
  • Right Arm
  • Left Arm
  • Right Side Head
  • Left Side Head

Our standard turn time on minifigure printing is 2-3 weeks. We only offer print services. You would need to supply all parts. We can print tiles as well. We would need them pre-mounted on 2x4 bricks or plates. Pricing is the same as above for a 2x4 area.

Warmest Regards,

Dan Kees

PromoTec, Inc.

5765 Winfield Blvd. #6

San Jose, CA 95123

Tel: 408-701-3588

Fax: 408-701-3589

djkees@promotecinc.com

www.promotecinc.com

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

Thanks for enquiring and sharing the details, Henchmen4Hire. :classic: