Sign in to follow this  
Blacktron

Neo Blacktron - Blizzard Gunner

When I was a kid, I loved the "Blizzard Gunner" from the anime series Dougram. I've never had the model kit, but it remained to be one of my favorite mecha/battle armor designs. A few weeks ago I decided to build a Neo Blacktron version of the Blizzard Gunner. C & C welcome.

Quadropod2_zps4acca609.jpg

Quadropod3_zpsf782d037.jpg

Quadropod5_zpsa35ab447.jpg

QuadropodCockpit_zps2e26e301.jpg

That is one freakishly awesome mobile artillery unit! Granted, I'd have probably added some yellow bits here and there to bring it closer to the classic Blacktron I look, but that's just me (The first LEGO set I ever purchased with my own money was a Blacktron Alienator in 1988, so I have a bit of a soft spot for Blacktron I).

Interesting model here. The legs are a bit spindly, and the 'bucket shovels as feet' is very reminiscent of the early 2006 Exo-Force set 'Striking Venom'. The little details- the silver tubing on the sides, the antennae on the back, some of the top greebling and of course the top cannons- are pretty nice though. Like Hikaro Takayama I wish there was more yellow in the model, as that would really reinforce the 'Blacktron' theme you're going for. But all things considered it's fairly decent.

Thanks for your feedback! :classic:

This is the model that was the inspiration for my MOC.

f35c.jpg

The mechanism for the legs was pretty complicated to build, but you can't see very much of it on the pics. About the color scheme: Well, I have my own Neo Blacktron color scheme going on, inspired by the Blacktron Torso of space police III.

http://www.eurobrick...blacktron +mocs

I love the original blacktron colors but I wanted to go into a different direction for my MOCs. More sinister, dangerous and modern. I think it's okay to have a different Blacktron color scheme, because Blacktron II was also different than Blacktron I in the 80s. Who knows how Blacktron III would look if Lego would do a modern line.

Edited by Blacktron

Beautiful MOC - I do agree that a touch of yellow might look nice, but I see what you're going for as well. Great job!

Looks Great! and of course my view is not biased because it's Black-Tron.... :devil::thumbup::wub:

Edited by lego3364