Hi everyone.

I've just started thinking about compiling a small collection of Iron Legion suits, like the Gemini and the Shotgun. I thought some of you might have good ideas for mostly purist (some painting or decaying is possible if necessary) armours.

To start us off, my idea for a purist Iron Patriot for those like me outside the US. Captain America torso, Iron Man helmet, War Machine visor/mask. (Credit to Hulk_Smash for the photo.)

IMG_0520_zps4ea25b13.jpg

What have you guys got?

P.S. Could a moderator please delete my other post with the trimmed title? I didn't realise there was a limit.

Eomer's torso from LOTR makes a decent Bleeding Edge armor torso. Other than that, I've got nothing.

Good idea.

War machine face plate, red helmet, mark 6 (triangle reactor) torso, light grey arms, red hands and maybe mark VII legs

with grey conector piece would be an excellent Silver Centurion!

That's an awesome idea. You could also use the War Machine torso instead of the Mark VII torso and make a Mark V (suitcase armour).

I have a great MK 35 Redsnapper. I'll share later.

Oh, and completely purist!

Sounds great, can't wait to see it.

Sounds good! My idea for the Red Snapper armor was the heart breaker torso backwards, a normal helmet and http://brickset.com/...s/?part=4595836 this piece in each hand with a Exo force claw piece on the end!

Good idea with the claws, I was wondering how I could do those. How do you think a Thumper could be done? I was thinking of using those cyborg arm pieces with nothing in them.

King pixel, a suggestion would be try and get the iron man 3 app/game. It has some real nice 360 degree 3d models of

all the armors, it would be a good spot to get ideas! That's what I do!:laugh:

Has anyone tried recolouring Mk 42 in photoshop to see of it looks like the suitcase armour?

King pixel, a suggestion would be try and get the iron man 3 app/game. It has some real nice 360 degree 3d models of

all the armors, it would be a good spot to get ideas! That's what I do! :laugh:

I'll take a look at it, thanks. Is the game any good?

Has anyone tried recolouring Mk 42 in photoshop to see of it looks like the suitcase armour?

I haven't myself, but recolouring it would be quite a chore, wouldn't it? The actual fig I mean.

Edited by KingPixels

This Flickr user posted reference images of all 42 armors from this book. The images aren't of the highest quality, but I managed to design decals of all of them for a project of my own so I'm sure you guys can use them for this purpose.

I actually own the book, so I can use it as a reference. It's mostly finding Lego parts that match that's the problem.

I actually own the book, so I can use it as a reference. It's mostly finding Lego parts that match that's the problem.

Well, it is important that you know what the armors look like first. :tongue: Hopefully someone else will get some use out of them.

Well, it is important that you know what the armors look like first. :tongue: Hopefully someone else will get some use out of them.

Thanks for posting the images, you're totally right.

I think some armors can be done from chima torsos, as they have a chi ball in the chest wich looks like a reactor.

Also here is my try at shotgun:

Shotgun1

I know the arms arent yellow, but the thin light in the chest is reminiscent of its reactor.

I think some armors can be done from chima torsos, as they have a chi ball in the chest wich looks like a reactor.

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

I know the arms arent yellow, but the thin light in the chest is reminiscent of its reactor.

If you were to change the arms to yellow, that'd make a pretty convincing suit. :sweet:

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

That looks just like the Shotgun armour! What torso is that?

Scorpionox, i meant the arms Are yellow, im sorry, i just dont have any better ones laying around...

Also, here is "thumper" or Striker

Striker

That looks just like the Shotgun armour! What torso is that?

Its a regular torso from the second generation of atlantis.

Scorpionox, i meant the arms Are yellow, im sorry, i just dont have any better ones laying around...

D'oh! This is what I meant. :facepalm:

If you were to change the arms to not yellow, that'd make a pretty convincing suit. :sweet:

I was thinking that this torso could be used for a stealth armour too. Comes from the blacktron evil robot from Series 11 CMF.

LEGO-Minifigures-Series-11-Evil-Mech-Details.jpg

I was thinking that this torso could be used for a stealth armour too. Comes from the blacktron evil robot from Series 11 CMF.

That is Just Perfect! Gotta find one of those!

Following the same line of thought, this could be used for gemini:

post-92015-0-11290300-1382227702_thumb.jpg

Just couple it with white breathing tanks, war machine helmet and Golden iron man faceplate.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.