Sign in to follow this  
alex54

Review: 4956 Creator - House

indexed.gif

ref: 4956

name: house

pieces: 731

Another white house with ref roof! Yes, but for a city fan, this kind of sets are always welcome!

First I want to say that this set is better than the "old" bonanza (4886). In fact, with the new set, we have 3 beautifull models, and not just one, with two crappy alternative models.

With the Bonanza set, you just have the pieces of the principal house, and you could build some other sets with this parts section.

With this new set, it's like 3 designers have built each a model, and TLC takes the common pieces in one set, with some extra parts to build the 3 constructions.

For the first building, you have two small houses. And in the 5 first minutes, I thought that I've got some mistaken instructions. In fact, you have 2 books (like in a lot of sets now), one for each big houses. And the instrcuctions for this model is cut in two, an half in each book. Strange...

So, for those two houses which are simple, you can't put out the roofs, so you can't see that you don't have nay interiors. But we have some nice things like a mailbox and a kennel. They are simple but nice.

Here a pic:

4956_c01_03.jpg

And now, the two big houses. TLC gives us two different houses: an american style home, and a more european one. It's a good marketing strategie, becaus, with one set, TLC touches two big markets, with their own style influence. So, in european stores, you find the set with the european house on the box, and vice-versa in the US. We find the same thing with the Technic set 8284 with which the tractor has more an european feeling than the buggy. So TLC has made a reverse box for a reverse set. I don't know if I'm clear in what I'm saying...

So, here some pics of the european house:

4956_c02_01.jpg

4956_c02_03.jpg

4956_c02_11.jpg

4956_c02_15.jpg

Nothing special to say about this house it's simple but effective.

And here the american house:

4956_c03_01.jpg

4956_c03_03.jpg

4956_c03_13.jpg

4956_c03_15.jpg

I really like the "outdoor corridor" and the feeling of this house. Maybe because it's more "exotic" for Europeans like me. And the so US mailbox!

But I find a strangeness in the construction:

4956_c03_10.jpg

Why tusing some clips instead of 1x1 plate pieces? None of the 3 models need clips...

So, in conclusion, I find this set really better than the Bonanza. It's a good addition for a city. Because even if the houses are too big if you want some minifig scaled ones, it's a very good way to have some classic but so useful parts. I will work on downsized them... :-)

And can't wait to have the tan house creator set...

For more pics of the 3 models, just look here.

Thank you. Finally I see pics of this set, and its definatley better than bonanza. Just wondering, does a normal current-city scale car fit in the garage?

=l2k=

WOW! I really like that European one. This set must be one of the better highlights of lego if you ask me. It allows you to cusomize the house. I really like that.

Just wondering, does a normal current-city scale car fit in the garage?

If it's not too long, yes. Then again, who has a truck in their garage anyway...

Wow. What a nice review with brilliant pictures. Thanks! *y*

I really like all models, they are neat with fine details like the gutters.

The only thing I don

great clean pictures and a very good review once again alex!

i really need to get this one!

should look great next to bonanza and when the tan one comes along we will have a whole neihbourhood!! :-P

(oh alex please check out this cypriot song for the eurosong contest! its in French!tell me what you think.

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...showtopic=8352)

Thanks for the wonderful review, Alex! I was sure I was going to buy this set, as I could clearly see it was superior to Bonaza, but then I saw the 2007 creator house. So this review served an interesting guide for me to admire the good I was missing out on now to impatiently and axiously await the even better coming out much later. X-D

It's a shame they didn't at least provide us with a floor. We have grass growing in our kitchen and bedroom and bathroom (Which are all, naturally, condensed into one room). Also the driveways are really weird, only two strips of pavement for the wheels to run on, I guess the homeowner could only afford the bare minimum. :-P But that US mailbox, Is the flag on the back? Not the side?

This set has more details than I thought it had at first glance, I like the way the garage is connected to the rest of the house by means of that grey door.

Thanks for the review.

If it's not too long, yes. Then again, who has a truck in their garage anyway...

Wait...doesn't everyone?

-l2k-

Tks Alex for this great review ;-)

Its really great to see the 3 models !! I will definitly buy this set but the question that still remains is what model do I want to keep :-D

I love the sie of the first BUT there are no parking space !! I love the dog house though ;-)

The second one is sweet but a bit too classic for my taste !!

I love the patio going all the way in the third one but I find the roof to be a bit weird ;-)

I will probably have a strange mix when I will buy it loooool

*yoda*

Thanks for the comments!

Lego2000, like Hobbes said, you can't park a long and tall car in the garage, like the new fire pick-up. But small cars from 80's and 90's, I think they can enter...

The fact that we don't have windows in the back of the house is not a matter for me cause I will make one with this set without back, like my other houses :-D

And Yoda, I'm like you, I don't know what style of house I will keep for my town...

Mine fits in my garage with a 1/4 inch to spare before hitting the bottom of the garage door when its up!

BUt it looks like you could get garage another 5 studs longer in the american house if you eliminate the rear wall and mount the door on the side like the european house. Might even be able to get a car and a bike in ther at the same time.