I've seen a few great Discworld creations on this forum, especially from L-Space, as well as around the web, but all the ones for the Ankh Morpork City Watch have been quite small and a bit outdated in terms of pieces and availability.

I decided to make myself a large version of the Watch House at Pseudopolis Yard, or the City Watch headquarters, earlier this year, but haven't got around to posting the photos yet.

For those unaware of the Discworld books, the City Watch is a send-up of the modern police force, living and working in Ankh Morpork, a thriving multicultural metropolis with people from every species on the Disc there. As you might guess, the Disc is the world. It's flat. Like a disc. There's a sort of renaissance-y/victorian/steampunk aesthetic.

For those who are aware of Discworld... well, this should be a treat. There's a lot of named characters and references in the build, as well as a few who aren't typically associated with the watch in some of the little vignettes added onto the sides.

Anyway, photos...

asHrPus.jpg

Wide view of the entire model.

CQ1hVbI.jpg

Wide shot of the back of the model/interior of the Watch House (floors are fully removable!)

yhBIaj4.jpg

Side view.

OKikRVT.jpg

Outside the main gates - the Guild of Fools, Otto Chriek, and wizards from the Unseen University.

yD8byG2.jpg

More of the streets.

pPt8NXa.jpg

Sir Sam Vimes and his family (along with Mr A E Pessimal) in his office.

Because there's a basement level, and so the street is raised, there are three small vignettes built into the side of the model to give it some variation.

cLty6Cl.jpg

Death comes visiting.

uR7G05c.jpg

Granny Weatherwax, Magrat Garlick, and Nanny Ogg, heroines of the Witches books.

yKiv5dJ.jpg

Sir Terry Pratchett himself, author and creator of the Discworld, with his assistant Rob.

For anyone who'd like to see the full scale and detail of this build, with details, there's a full imgur album here, in higher resolution and annotated. There's also a youtube video

with annotations more specifically pointing to and labelling each of the characters.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Bingo Little

Very nice! It's always nice seeing Discworld MOCs and I think you caught the bustling atmosphere of Ankh Morpork very well! While having a second look at the pictures I spotted the Duck Man, I especially like the inclusion of some of the minor characters! :wub: The vignettes are a great idea, too. Hope to see some more Discworld creations from you in the future. :classic:

I'm not familiar with Discworld, but it's a detailed build for sure... I have one question though: if the world is flat, why is there a globe...?

I'm not familiar with Discworld, but it's a detailed build for sure... I have one question though: if the world is flat, why is there a globe...?

The globe's in the bottom vignette, with Terry Pratchett - the person who writes the Discworld books! It's just a little detail (as well as the realistic skintones) showing that that little vignette is of real people, rather than fictional.

Also I love the globe piece and try and include it wherever I can, so, there's that :P