Although another way of "fixing" the images not showing up, is if the poster of the topic goes back and simply clicks edit and the save without modifying anything, same works for replys with photos :)

Thanks sk, legofin and legostone, Can't wait to post my new build on eurobricks. It's Mitgardia this time and alot of it was inspired by you sk. :laugh:

Edited by The Maestro

Sorry for the double post but I have forgotten how to post  challange builds. Do we post challange builds in the guild thread or as a seperate post. Thanks

9 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Sorry for the double post but I have forgotten how to post  challange builds. Do we post challange builds in the guild thread or as a seperate post. Thanks

Separate post. :sweet:

hey everyone, random thought of a new member:

after my last build I'm amazed at the quantity of leaf pieces one might need for a nice forest. So, because of the price as well as the possibility of more shades of colour, I'm seriously leaning towards ALT leaves - any thoughts/suggestions/comments about this?

I have no problem with aftermarket parts. I use them all the time. I don't have any Alt Bricks leaves, but have read reports that say some of their connection points have trouble connecting to 3mm bars. This is manageable, but it limits their usability for some tree designs. They are a good buy for filler for dense leaf coverage, and offer colors TLG doesn't. Their base colors don't quite match TLGs, but for leaves that can be a good thing.

On 16/11/2016 at 2:03 PM, gedren_y said:

I have no problem with aftermarket parts. I use them all the time. I don't have any Alt Bricks leaves, but have read reports that say some of their connection points have trouble connecting to 3mm bars. This is manageable, but it limits their usability for some tree designs. They are a good buy for filler for dense leaf coverage, and offer colors TLG doesn't. Their base colors don't quite match TLGs, but for leaves that can be a good thing.

yes, that thing about leaves not connecting to 3mm tubes is also reported in the description of the products in the official webpage. However, I do remember someone on Flickr saying that they could do that, nonetheless. And yes, same here - no probs with aftermarket parts [as long as I like them :p]. So I'm a bit torn, but I guess I could make myself a xmas present and just try them out..

hey guys, could anyone tell me how to edit a signature. I seem to have forgotten how :tongue:. Sorry for being a little inactive, I have a massive moc that I have been spending all my time on lately. It should be up next week. 

Out of curiosity, how are freebuilds and challenges scored?  Is there a rubric or votes or something?  Who judges the MOCs?

On 18/11/2016 at 10:45 PM, The Maestro said:

hey guys, could anyone tell me how to edit a signature. I seem to have forgotten how :tongue:. Sorry for being a little inactive, I have a massive moc that I have been spending all my time on lately. It should be up next week. 

click on your name top right --> acc settings --> signature. once there you can add pics in the same way you post them in a normal thread - from Flickr 'all sizes' page of the pic you want to add, right-click on the pic, 'copy image address', then paste in your signature.

though I can't make the pic serve as link as well.. :grin:

On 29/11/2016 at 7:48 AM, Grover said:

Out of curiosity, how are freebuilds and challenges scored?  Is there a rubric or votes or something?  Who judges the MOCs?

I've just realised I've never wondered about this :pir-oh: I'm afraid you need an older member to answer this one.. :blush:

Edited by en_zoo

7 hours ago, en_zoo said:

click on your name top right --> acc settings --> signature. once there you can add pics in the same way you post them in a normal thread - from Flickr 'all sizes' page of the pic you want to add, right-click on the pic, 'copy image address', then paste in your signature.

Thanks en_zoo, very helpful. The update seemed to muddle everything up for me but now im set :thumbup:

14 hours ago, en_zoo said:

I've just realised I've never wondered about this :pir-oh: I'm afraid you need an older member to answer this one.. :blush:

Regarding Freebuilds, I believe they used to be judged and would count towards Guild gold totals. Now, they're not- GoH has become less about competition and more about collaboration nowadays. Other than the main storyline challenges and mini challenges, it's all about just building. Judging tends to be more of a "members give each other constructive criticism" type of set-up. There is the University of Petrea scheme (that encourages builders to try new techniques), but I don't know how active that is any more!

6 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Thanks en_zoo, very helpful. The update seemed to muddle everything up for me but now im set :thumbup:

ah so you did better than me and managed to have the pics as links to Flickr - how did you do that? 

On 12/4/2016 at 5:29 AM, Lord Vladivus said:

Regarding Freebuilds, I believe they used to be judged and would count towards Guild gold totals. Now, they're not- GoH has become less about competition and more about collaboration nowadays. Other than the main storyline challenges and mini challenges, it's all about just building. Judging tends to be more of a "members give each other constructive criticism" type of set-up. There is the University of Petrea scheme (that encourages builders to try new techniques), but I don't know how active that is any more!

That's good to know.  This place seems pretty laid back with regard to building and seems to be an encouraging place to display MOCs.  Look forward to it!

On 12/4/2016 at 6:43 AM, en_zoo said:

ah so you did better than me and managed to have the pics as links to Flickr - how did you do that? 

Using the BBCode from Flickr automatically links the image to your Flickr.  The BBCode should look something like this:
31095574960_dc9d087a7e_c.jpg

The way the code works is like this: anything between square brackets will not be visible, 'url' starts a link, '/url' ends a link, 'img' starts an image, '/img' ends an image.
Note that the first part between url and /url is the link.  Between img and /img is the image (which is also inside the link, which is how the image can be a link to Flickr).
The next url group is where it shows the creator information and the "on Flickr" tag and link.  This information is unnecessary here on Eurobricks, so most users delete the second url group from the code to avoid cluttering the topic post.

I hope this helps.

37 minutes ago, Slegengr said:

Using the BBCode from Flickr automatically links the image to your Flickr.  The BBCode should look something like this:
31095574960_dc9d087a7e_c.jpg

The way the code works is like this: anything between square brackets will not be visible, 'url' starts a link, '/url' ends a link, 'img' starts an image, '/img' ends an image.
Note that the first part between url and /url is the link.  Between img and /img is the image (which is also inside the link, which is how the image can be a link to Flickr).
The next url group is where it shows the creator information and the "on Flickr" tag and link.  This information is unnecessary here on Eurobricks, so most users delete the second url group from the code to avoid cluttering the topic post.

I hope this helps.

awesome, thanks! all is clear now. gonna have to edit my posts :tongue:

Hello all! 

Newbie here trying to read up on all of the lore and find my place :laugh:

Just a few quick questions about Historica....

• Are non-castle/fortress Mocs frowned upon? I'm new to 'adult' building per say, and im looking to ease into the community :grin:
  • Can someone help me out with finding a faction? I'm finding that I have mitgaurdian colors, avonlian foliage, and kaliphian talents and taste :laugh:

Thanks guys, I hope to be fairly active... Though with work that might change, haha!

-GURU91699 (soon to be my Sig-Fig's name :wink:)

7 hours ago, GURU91699 said:

Hello all! 

Newbie here trying to read up on all of the lore and find my place :laugh:

Just a few quick questions about Historica....

• Are non-castle/fortress Mocs frowned upon? I'm new to 'adult' building per say, and im looking to ease into the community :grin:
  • Can someone help me out with finding a faction? I'm finding that I have mitgaurdian colors, avonlian foliage, and kaliphian talents and taste :laugh:

Thanks guys, I hope to be fairly active... Though with work that might change, haha!

-GURU91699 (soon to be my Sig-Fig's name :wink:)

Welcome, GURU! Great to see you are interested in Guilds of Historica! :classic: Regarding your first question: no, certainly not. I think buildings (houses, towers, temples, inns, etc) and landscapes (forests, deserts, swamps, mountains, etc) are common.

For your second question: you are not restricted to building in your own guild area. If you want to build a lot, but your parts assortment is split between the Guilds, you can do freebuilds, which can be set anywhere in Historica. 

If you have any further questions, we'd gladly answer them! :wink:

Ahoy there youngling.

"Castle building" is of vourse not limited to building actual castles; it depends on your personal story. You have all liberties (mostly) what you want to do. Create a character, give him a background and begin your adventure! And then decide what you would like to build to tell us your story.

If Kaliphlin matches your personal taste, go for it! As Exetrius said there are plenty opportunities to try out building in the dtyle of other guilds, but your home guild should be the one you can identify the most with.

@Trooper919 What are your castle-theme interests?  The guild you choose should be based on your own interests.  Check out the individual threads for the guilds for basic ideas of the differences between guilds, but keep in mind that your choice of guild is not a complete restriction to only one style of building.

In general, the guilds are differentiated as follows:
Avalonia - stereotypical castles and knights in shining armor, plains and woodlands, chivalry, etc.  Essentially the stereotypical castle from stories. Guild colors: Dark Green and Sand Green
Kaliphlin - based loosely around the Middle East with deserts and palm trees, adobe buildings, etc.  Guild colors: Dark Blue and Red
Mitgardia - based loosely on Norse references, snow and ice, pine trees, mountains and harsher northern environments, etc.  Guild colors: Green and Yellow
Nocturnus - the "darklands", wastelands, swamps, more non-human creatures than the other guilds (this is certainly a generalization, not a requirement), etc.  Guild colors: Red and Gold

These are very broad generalizations.  Elements from each guild are meshed together between all guilds.  Members of the Guilds can also build in other Guild's lands, so there is really not much restriction from the guild you choose.  Just pick the guild that most fits you, as you will likely want to build the most within your own guild.

Remember to check out the individual Guild threads to get a better understanding of each guild. (Note the links in the above list of Guilds)

Hey new member here (sorta new. I have posted a sig-fig but I have been inactive). I had a question on whether custom pieces are allowed on your sig-fig or is this group purist only?