Even more simple is copy and paste the picture from the flickr (all sizes) page, this forum adds the code itself.

I can give no clear answer for thot as I don't know how far away its goong to be, but I would guess around 1-2 months if we are lucky. I would say join now and get to know hoW things run then you'll be all set for book III.

Hi I'm interested in joining in however would it be best to wait for book 3?

No, not really. Don't wait. Book III might still be months away, and there is much building to be done in the meantime! Pick a guild, introduce your primary sigfig, and start building. There are a few minichallenges up over in Nocturnus that are open to anyone, and Mitgardia has a members-only build going, but otherwise feel free to build whatever your medieval-MOCer's heart desires. I personally recommend Avalonia, as it is my place of residence, but there are many good things found all over the place. There are even days I wish I had chosen Mitgardia or Nocturnus, since they have some pretty fun stuff there, so I do not think you can really go wrong with what you choose.

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Thanks, I'm fresh out of a mini dark age so I will need to build up my collection and hopefully I will be able to join in very soon. I'm leaning towards Avalonia or Nocturnus.

Hi I'm interested in joining in however would it be best to wait for book 3?

Great to hear that, welcome! :classic: I agree with The Maestro and Henjin, there's no reason to wait, really. The period between the main challenges (books) is great for introducing your sigfig and working on character development. Challenges bring a major activity boost of the Guilds, but then it's harder to get noticed as a new builder I think, because of all the events and builds in a short period of time.

I can assure you: Nocturnus is awesome! :knight::thumbup:

Hello!

The best is probably, as said before, to join know and get to know things. Say you joined the wrong guild or so, you can fix it in book III

Hello!

The best is probably, as said before, to join know and get to know things. Say you joined the wrong guild or so, you can fix it in book III

Good point! Indeed you van change your guild only at the start of a new book. But that means not you should choose without thinking enough about it. Books last for years.

Anyway, you don't have to concentrate on the main story line all the the time. It's good to know the lore and keep up with the current events, but you also can concentrate on developing you character, story and locations.

hey guys, sorry to change topic again, but guess what? I have more questions! :grin:

well I did promise they were gonna be many, after all.. oh and yes, I'm also trying out the spoiler thing :wink:

1 - about freebuilds: how does it work exactly? all I could gather is that you need to register them so that they can give points to your guild.. but I see no one doing so - is there a reason behind it?

2 - about UoP credits: who exactly should I expect approval/denial from? I've rarely seen people actually 'approving' or giving the '+', so I can't quite tell. In the main post it says '[currently active Kaliphin] guildmembers', but as 3 guildmembers can block the approval, and as I know this it is not for Kaliphinians only, this means that I need to see what everyone thinks before considering the credits assigned. Or am I missing something? :sceptic:

3 - about AoM: I've always assumed it's for Mitgardians only, but no one is gonna be offended if others do show buildings changing over time in their non-Mitgardian cities, right? :blush:

thanks in advance, once more ^^

Edited by en_zoo

1) Freebuilds are any build that isn't part of a challenge. In the registration thread you make one post for your freebuild list, then edit that post with each new freebuild posted during the registration time period. This is so the guild leaders can easily evaluate all your builds. You can also post your minichallenge builds there, but they must have a notation that it is a mimichallenge build.

2) I am one of the active members who still try to evaluate UoP claims. Blocking a claim doesn't happen often, but since this is about quality, builds do have to meet a certain standard. You will need to make a post in the DoH tracking thread (editing for claims and achievements). Credits should be claimed in both the build thread (preferably in the initial post) and in the UoP DoH main thread with a link to the build(s). If your build falls significantly behind the first page of the board before you receive the needed +1's or denials, you may promote your claim(s) again in the UoP DoH main thread, and will likely receive your answers there. If you get the four +1's you get the credit, if you get three denials you don't, and have to try again. It can take some time for builds to get all needed approvals, but don't get discouraged.

3) I am quite certain that Age of Mitgardia isn't a minichallenge, as it has no end date. It is mostly a way for Mitgardians to develop their guild lands, and gives those who complete it internal guild titles and status.

Edited by gedren_y

Any sets worth picking up to learn some modern building techniques? before my mini dark age I was mostly a Space/Exo-Force builder.

@en_zoo: We Mitgardians certainly wouldn't be offended if you decide to show some progressing buildings in Avalonia :classic:

Any sets worth picking up to learn some modern building techniques? before my mini dark age I was mostly a Space/Exo-Force builder.

Well, Temple of Airjitzu, Disney Castle and practically any Modular building set come to mind, but all of those are a big investment. For non-building builds, I suggest the Master Wu Dragon and Cole's Earth Roader, for design techniques, parts selection and overall value for money.

Most building techniques you will learn from other builders. That's a key element of GoH. And wirh a bit experience you will come up with your own techniques and style.

The more important question is what you want to build and how to depict it. Then you start research about that subject, look after builds from others and real life material or artwork, often films are a good source too.

That way you will learn far more.

I'm not sure I would buy a set just to learn a technique. If you like the minifig selection, or are enamored of the parts, or something, then of course buy it, but if you are curious about how something is put together Lego has all of the instructions for sets going back to at least the early 2000s posted on their website. I have done that a few times, like when I wanted to know how they created the structural integrity of the Avengers' Helicarrier so I could try to build a spaceship that size. I am a bad MOCer in that I dislike going to the PAB wall and just buying bricks, even though I know it is the best way to get what I want sometimes and often regret not doing so later, but I so love the thrill of opening a new set and putting it together right away that I have a hard time saying no to sets. But buy what you want and learn the techniques in other ways. That's my recommendation.

@RBT I agree with Jacob Nion, I find the best techniques can be learnt from other builders. I find they can use more advanced techiques than lego sets do. Most of the techniques and styles I use now are all derpived from my inspirations and other builders. Hope you find this useful, can't wait for you to join a guild "cough" Avalonia "cough".

Some excellent advice thanks, I think I will pick up a few sets that look interesting then hit bricklink up

I don't know if this is off topic or not, but do you know a good place to get Kingdoms sets for a good price? I've checked eBay, and the prices are all 3 - 4 times the original price. I have a shortage of peasants and Avalonian soldiers, and wanted to buy some for my future builds. If you know where, that would be great.

8 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

I don't know if this is off topic or not, but do you know a good place to get Kingdoms sets for a good price? I've checked eBay, and the prices are all 3 - 4 times the original price. I have a shortage of peasants and Avalonian soldiers, and wanted to buy some for my future builds. If you know where, that would be great.

Sometimes you just have to keep patient. Check bricklink, eBay, even local to regional classified ads, and eventually you'll find a decent deal. Yesterday I was finally able to get the Mill Raid set for 85, which is still a bit more than the original price, but compared to what you usually see it for, I'm happy with the price. 

Edited by MiloNelsiano

12 hours ago, MiloNelsiano said:

Sometimes you just have to keep patient. Check bricklink, eBay, even local to regional classified ads, and eventually you'll find a decent deal. Yesterday I was finally able to get the Mill Raid set for 85, which is still a bit more than the original price, but compared to what you usually see it for, I'm happy with the price. 

The mill for 85 is a great buy, congratulations!

How is everyone finding the new layout? I think its a little bit confusing but better for me when I use my phone. Still trying to find my way around the place and why do some images not show up? Thanks :wink:

Quoting Legostone from the Forum Upgrade topic: "Old posts have to be reprocessed, as in: the old posts formatting code (BBCode) has to be converted to the new code. It has been mentioned before that this may take up to a week."