A few of Kaliphlin's Cities do seem to have leanings toward that type of architecture, and the terrain is quite varied. Mainly desert of course, but mountains on one side, the island of Gorr on the other, which is mostly jungle, the Wither Woods up by Eastgate (disputed territory I believe) and swamps down toward the bottom... what more do you want?

A few of Kaliphlin's Cities do seem to have leanings toward that type of architecture, and the terrain is quite varied. Mainly desert of course, but mountains on one side, the island of Gorr on the other, which is mostly jungle, the Wither Woods up by Eastgate (disputed territory I believe) and swamps down toward the bottom... what more do you want?

Behemoth's supervillain answer: "The world. I want the entire world." :laugh:

The terrain is mediterenean, which would include Greco-Roman terrrain and architecture - and its most definitely up for interpretation. (As long as you do not start moving around mountains, lakes or so... :tongue: So just build away! :wink:MAybe the Zar-Ifrikt (spelling?) builds in Greco Roman style? Or as someone suggested, the Capital of Kaliphlin could contain some Greco-Roman buildings.

Using the Zar-Ifrikt for this project isn't my idea for this... :wink:

Lands like this, this, and this is typically what I am imagining. But that's why I'm not sure whether Kaliphlin is best for it and where would the best locations be for it?

Behemoth's supervillain answer: "The world. I want the entire world." :laugh:

That is something Vem Tabook will say and it will cost him greatly. :wink:

I've released spoilers and you guys are making my leak them like water from a busted faucet! :grin:

Edited by Behemoth

Behemoth,

your are showing pics of Greece and Spain. In the Kali thread it says Mediterranean influences.

Now here's my Geography Lesson for you today ( rolls the drum) tahtah: Surprise, surprise - Greece and Spain are both located at the Mediterranean Sea! See what I'm pointing at? (duh)

Behemoth,

your are showing pics of Greece and Spain. In the Kali thread it says Mediterranean influences.

Now here's my Geography Lesson for you today ( rolls the drum) tahtah: Surprise, surprise - Greece and Spain are both located at the Mediterranean Sea! See what I'm pointing at? (duh)

You must love me, huh? :tongue:

Behemoth,

You must love me, huh? :tongue:

Can we make him colour in a map? :tongue:

Lands like this, this, and this is typically what I am imagining. But that's why I'm not sure whether Kaliphlin is best for it and where would the best locations be for it?

Yes, those would fit quite well in Kali, along the coastline, and we have had that sort of thing before I believe. But it doesn't really matter a whole lot if someone else has used that type of architecture/terrain in a given location - as long as you use a bit of thought and don't try to change already established geographic features (eg, the mountains, the badlands, river locations, etc.) (or place other terrains in unreasonable proximity) you can pretty much invent what you like!

Seriously, tho... lost Greco-Roman dwarven city. Get building! :grin: Maybe it's overrun by Drow! Or crazy creatures akin to some of the stuff we saw in the Mount-Up minichallenge!

@Behemoth: you know, in all seriousness, I'm just really tired of your "can I build this, can I build that" and then just do what you want to do anyways. That, and your constant refusal to read into the lore of GoH. There are now some 75 pages containing hundreds of mocs and all it takes is a little scrolling and reading. You instead choose to troll this forum and annoy the heck out of its members, so that several members have already decided to slow down or even consider to quit their engagement with this project. I just wish you'd be more receptive to the advice and criticism you are given.

I know I'm sometimes a little hard to deal with. Guess that's gotta have to do with me being annoyed by your kind everyday at work. However, after being stepped on their toes other young members that I had conflicts with eventually adapted to the rules and are now valued members. Just ask, for instance, TheUtilityBelt or Scaevola about it!

Finally, I know that I speak of a majority of GoH members when I say that I wish that you wouldn't consider yourself the center of the universe. Others are simply more polite than me and choose to tell you things in a much nicer manner. Alas, you don't seem to understand the frustration that's hidden even in those nice words.

As for myself, this is the last time I'm actually trying to get something across to you in a civilized way. If you don't adapt, I will henceforth resort to even darker sarcasm, so that at least I can have some fun with this really akward situation.

@Behemoth: you know, in all seriousness, I'm just really tired of your "can I build this, can I build that" and then just do what you want to do anyways. That, and your constant refusal to read into the lore of GoH. There are now some 75 pages containing hundreds of mocs and all it takes is a little scrolling and reading. You instead choose to troll this forum and annoy the heck out of its members, so that several members have already decided to slow down or even consider to quit their engagement with this project. I just wish you'd be more receptive to the advice and criticism you are given.

I know I'm sometimes a little hard to deal with. Guess that's gotta have to do with me being annoyed by your kind everyday at work. However, after being stepped on their toes other young members that I had conflicts with eventually adapted to the rules and are now valued members. Just ask, for instance, TheUtilityBelt or Scaevola about it!

Finally, I know that I speak of a majority of GoH members when I say that I wish that you wouldn't consider yourself the center of the universe. Others are simply more polite than me and choose to tell you things in a much nicer manner. Alas, you don't seem to understand the frustration that's hidden even in those nice words.

As for myself, this is the last time I'm actually trying to get something across to you in a civilized way. If you don't adapt, I will henceforth resort to even darker sarcasm, so that at least I can have some fun with this really akward situation.

I am quite egotistic and it's not always a good thing. But no, I'm not here to "troll" these forums so please don't mention something that disgusting again. And if everyone is frustrated at me, I can't do anything about that, I'm full of questions and I will ask them from time to time. I have nothing against you, kabel, or anyone else but if you guys want to hold a grudge against me, you're free to that, I'm not going to criticize you of your opinion. No one's the same and I'm sure there have been people like me and there will be people like me here. But since you're a Regulator, kabel, I expected you take a more appropriate way to express how you feel with my actions here, possible via PM.

Is there. Like button on here somewhere?

In all seriousness, behemoth, aside from the pattern kabel mentioned, from what I've seen, what you want most out of this forum is to blow people away, stand out, be unique, be envied, etc. etc. etc. Everyone wants other people to tell them how amazing their mocs are. But the average builder like you and me are simply not able to make jaw dropping front page mocs like others (Gideon). What I've noticed is that since you cannot currently make mocs like that, you try other ways to stand out, such as wanting advanced technology that no one else has, or finding new lands on the other side of historical that no one else has been to. But if this was allowed, don't you think someone else would have done so? Book one would have been awful boring if someone had advanced firearm technology and was able to kill Revolword and all the drow he loves in a matter of minutes because someone decided they came up with the technology. The great thing about this forum, and it really is great, and the reason I joined, is that it's not just a forum. It's a community of people very willing to help you improve with your builds. That's a very big point of the forum to begin with, so people can improve their mocs. So even though regular fans of lego like you and I aren't able to build those jaw dropping mocs today, we can at least be working on techniques and developing our own individual building styles. Believe me, it's much better to be known for your own building style than to be known for turning historica into your own story.

Everyone giving you criticism is doing so to help you be a part of the community. Remember that.

Regrdless of my own opinions on the issue, I think this stickied New Member guide is perhaps not the best place for this discussion. Is there a better thread we could/should move this to?

Edited by SarahJoy

Is there. Like button on here somewhere?

Everyone giving you criticism is doing so to help you be a part of the community. Remember that.

I can easily tell you're a person who despises me here on EB, no surprise there.

Anyways, I get that but it's not easy to take criticism sometimes, especially when you get bad criticism just about each day. But seriously though, with a lash-out like that, I would have expected it to be from a PM and yet again, kabel is doing his best to embarrass me I suppose.

Regrdless of my own opinions on the issue, I think this stickied New Member guide is perhaps not the best place for this discussion. Is there a better thread we could/should move this to?

I agree. I didn't intend for this "conversation" to go on for about a page, maybe a few posts, sure, but not this much since I originally just asked if the Greco-Roman style would be welcomed and if it would be better in Kaliphlin, Avalonia, or a distant area.

Now can we please just leave this be and continue on with GoH?

Edited by Behemoth

No, this is not the right spot for this. I think we need to have some discussion in private, so I am making that happen now.

I don't know how many times I can say we need to respect each other here and that not doing so will quickly draw my wrath.

Any more directly hurled insults will be met with very swift justice.

Hi,

I am new to Eurobricks. Guilds of Historica is what caused me to originally find this community several years ago. I have finally decided to join, but I want input from others what guild fits best for me.

My favorite style probably fits most closely with Avalonia, as I like forests and foliage in general. My intended army would be based on the 90's Black Knights that I have the most of, but the colors do not match well. This probably has my strongest leanings.

I also enjoy desolation/wildlands/abandoned areas, so Nocturnus fits as well. I already built an army for Nocturnus that I started years ago, though I personally would not incorporate aspects of the darker sides of Nocturnus, such as bloodthirst, vampires, undead, supernatural, etc. My race would be like Avalonian Elves, though the appearance and landscape/builds fit Nocturnus.

Mitgardia and Kaliphlin both have my interest to some aspect, but not as much as the other two. I have fewer pieces relating to snow/mountains/Norse-type or desert/tan/Arabian-type builds, as most of my collection is black elements or lanscaping elements for grasslands/forests/wastelands.

My main questions is: How much crossover is accepted in landscape and region between guilds? Is there snow/forests/barrenlands/sand/dirt/grass in every region? Can we build in every style to some extent or are we limited to the chosen guild?

Also, is it still true that Mitgardia has the most active members and Nocturnus has the least? If Nocturnus needs more builders, I am considering this as an option and this may be a swaying factor (though I have seen great builds from every guild and all seem active).

I will incorporate images to show some of my ideas soon.

I do not want to bring change to GoH in any negative way, so input is appreciated.

Thanks for input,

Slegengr

Hey there Slegengr,

- your army is basically would you would like it to look like. The strict rules of uniformity we had in the beginning are not as strict anymore.

- as for landscapes, Northern Kaliphlin, Avalonia and Southern Mitagardia are all basically located in the Temperate Zone. So there actually is a lot of crossover. So there are lots of forests and desolate places in Mitgardia and decidious forests in Kaliphlin. However, Mitgardia wouldn't have any jungle zone and no desert either, but it has temperate rain forests along its Western coast.

- Nocturnus is basicly the darker side of GoH. So if you don't feel comfy with all the supernatural events and villains there, you shouldn't build there. However, they do have the least builders. All other three guilds are pretty much equal in terms of participation.

Hope this helps making a decision. Personally I would like to see you in Mitgardia, but that's a personal mission ... :wink:

I think you'd be fine joining either Nocturnus or Avalonia. Landscape in Historica is, like the real world, incredibly varied. Though Mitgardia is best known for snow and mountains, it is just like every other guild in that it's best known biome isn't the only one it contains within its massive territory. There's also that though Nocturnus is famous for its darker denizens, and power seems to be in the hands of really evil people a lot of the time, there are plenty of other types and tribes too!

Thanks for the responses, kabel and mccoyed (strong Mitgardian representation!).

I have continued to think about it, and have decided a few things.

For Nocturnus, my only interest is really in the minifigs I built, so I will use them elsewhere.

I think Mitgardia may be my choice after considering what I would like to build. I really like forests but also like the northern mountains, snow, and ice. Both would be found in Mitgardia, where Avalonia would seem less fitting for mountains and snow. I think the color incorporation works better for me as well, as I may use Black Knights as my army base (red and blue for provincial colors, green and yellow for guild colors). I think this color scheme works better for me than trying to incorporate dark green and sand green. (There are no dragon plumes in those colors, where there are yellow and 3rd party green).

I will spend some time tinkering with my minifigs and basic building styles before I make my decision.

I also do not want to join a guild before I have sigfig and army/build images to back it up.

I feel a little bit like this decision is as difficult for me as buying a new car, but I have an extensive enough LEGO collection to feel fine with being in any of the guilds.

I will probably decide by this weekend.

Again, thanks for input.

Slegengr

You may be overthinking it a tad. My original sigfig featured in one build and I never used it again. I've done builds in every guild, even as a member of Mitgardia, and I don't have a specific army though I have started to build up my own Mitgardian community (Arnarvhall). While a sigfig is required, you're allowed to play multiple characters in Guilds of Historica and an army is not required at all!

That said, it can be super fun to have a cast of characters or your own faction to play around with. I'd just say that there's a lot of wiggle room and you're not as locked in as you may feel you will be. So let the decision be fun instead of stressful!

If you do choose Mitgardia, we'll be happy to have you whether you're interested in warlike, army-based builds or more agrarian stuff!

There's a whole lot of flexibility within all the guilds. Not only do most of them contain pockets of all sorts of climates, but it's perfectly allowable to have characters initially from one guild living in another, and you are free to build in any guild as you please! So choosing a guild is not a matter so much of what you want to build, really, since that's hardly limited at all. (I guess I'd say it's more a matter of the feel & tone of a certain guild, members and community spirit - though that would of course be hard to judge before participation, and all the guilds have some awesome members! - and maybe the guild colors and/or community builds/tasks/programs it offers.)

Of course, no matter what you want, Kaliphlin would be the best guild...

:grin:

Might I ask for someone to compile a list of Species on the Wiki or something? Just a place for newbies like me to easily see what kind of creatures can be found where, even how various creatures are portrayed in Historica, etc. I just feel like I'm hopping in with so much already so established, and I don't want to unintentionally do something wrong, persay. I get that a lot of things are flexible, but e.g. I don't want to make something around a race that has been determined to look a certain way, or maybe not even exist at all.

Even if it's not an issue, I feel like it might be wise to address it somehow in the original post of this topic: whether it's an actual answer or a general statement that "You can portray whatever species you want however you want"

Hello everybody

I am new on the forum and I prevent you that I am French (that's why my English is not very well;)) I would like to ask a question because I did not quite well understand: indeed I want to introduce the faction of Avalonia. Once my posted figurine can I begin to build the story of my hero(s) ? I make take away points in my faction only during the competitions? Do I have to post my creations on the forum? Or on Flikr?

Thank you in advance,

Brick Man Studios

Hey!

Cool to see you here. Don't worry about your english, it will improve the longer you stay here ;-). You can always post freebuilds and tell the story of your hero, just post them here in a new thread and put then put them in the Freebuild Registration Thread (pinned). Freebuilds also give points for your faction (but I actually don't know how many compared to challenge entries). So you have to post all your builds here in the forum.

Hey!

Cool to see you here. Don't worry about your english, it will improve the longer you stay here ;-). You can always post freebuilds and tell the story of your hero, just post them here in a new thread and put then put them in the Freebuild Registration Thread (pinned). Freebuilds also give points for your faction (but I actually don't know how many compared to challenge entries). So you have to post all your builds here in the forum.

Thank you Simon_S,

I've understand !

But I have to join officially Avalonia.