Sign in to follow this  
mutley777

Battle Pack Alternatives

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Due to the crappy nature of the extras in the battle packs i decided to see what i could make from the 2 new ones that i had just brought. If you have tried to do someting else with the parts from your battle packs post pics here. This is a clone artillery cannon i made from the parts of 2 clone battle packs. I used all the parts :-D

clone_001.jpg

clone_002.jpg

Very impressive! Though I'd rather use the parts as...well, parts for larger MOCs :-P I always find it amazing what people can do given even a limited number of parts!

Are you planning on doing the droid pack as well?

Unfortunately i only have one droid battle pack :-( must get more >:-) lots more! :-D Maybe some one else could do a droid one.

ok here is a droid speeder i made from 2 droid battle packs using all the parts and not breaking up the STAP's as they are ok. :-)

driod_bp_alt.jpg

driod_bp_alt2.jpg

Hello, I'm new here, but may I please make it clear I'm not new to Lego OR Star Wars. *vader*

I REALLY like these. Awesome, creative MOC's. Since I want to build these for myself (ESPECIALLY the clone one), I'm going to be brave and request instructions. If you know how to deconstruct and rebuild them again.

A New Member,

TheCloneWalker

Hello, I'm new here, but may I please make it clear I'm not new to Lego OR Star Wars. *vader*

I REALLY like these. Awesome, creative MOC's. Since I want to build these for myself (ESPECIALLY the clone one), I'm going to be brave and request instructions. If you know how to deconstruct and rebuild them again.

A New Member,

TheCloneWalker

Thanks for the praise :-) , but unfortunatley the clone one is no longer built as i now have 6 clone battle packs i am working on something to use all the parts from the 6. That is going to be a real challenge as there are not enough basic bricks and plates in the clone one :-/ . I have never made instructions before and i am not to sure where i would start on that.

This Droid Speeder is really cool and pretty armed. *y*

Loving that artillery cannon. I think I definitely need to get some Battle Packs now...

I prefer your artillery cannon to the Droid speeder. It looks very nice and I didn't expect the sets had the parts for making stuff like that. There is just something WWII over it. trooperdavinfelth said Flak 88. All I know is that it looks familiar. Here's a Flak 88mm:

museum-iwm7.jpg

*y*

Now i have finally got my hands on 2 of each of the new battle packs i thought i would have another go. So here is what i came up with using all the parts from 2 packs for each creation. :-)

First we have the Shadow trooper Recon-fighter

img_1306.jpgimg_1307.jpg

img_1308.jpgimg_1309.jpg

Next we have the Rebel Base Defence turret.

img_1302.jpgimg_1303.jpg

img_1304.jpgimg_1305.jpg

I really struggled with the imperial battle pack for some reason, but the rebel turret only took 20 mins and i like that one best. :-D

Wow! These are all really good and inventive, but the rebel one stand sout the most ot me.

Both of my thumbs are raised.

I love those. You are definetly right about the extras in some of them being pretty bad. The Imperial and the Republic extras were the worst. The rebel station is really sweet, and I love the artillery. The imperial one is ok, and I think the droid extras were fine to begin with, but I still love what you did with them.

Sweet MOCs. I actually think all the BP extras have been pretty good. I'd go so far as to say the Imperial one was best, with Republic being worst, mainly due to a below-average speeder and a turret that pointed up. X-D

TK

clone_001.jpg

Very effective and well suited to the theme. Looks great!

img_1307.jpg

Definitely a winner there. Anyone that can make something worthwhile out of the crapship gets a *y* in my book!

I have decided to hold a grudge against anyone who uses the following term:

crapship

:-P

Seriously though, it's good! *y*

TK

I have decided to hold a grudge against anyone who uses the following term:

CRAPSHIP

Thanks for the comments guys. For the record i like both the new battle pack vehicles, i just wanted to see what i could do with the parts.

I.S. Got to love TLC for taking a quote like that and using it fo advertising :-D . A real master stroke.

i like the cannon thing from the clone bp alot...actually i was seraching that for such a long time on brickshelf that i gave up and it miracolously appeared out of no were :-D now i can copy it cuse it looks so smexi :-)

Edited by Order66